Our #1 prospect Xander Bogaerts just got promoted to AAA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Re: Our #1 prospect Xander Bogaerts just got promoted to AAA

Bogaerts looks like best prospect since Nomar or Lynn. Let's not rush him / overexpose him and ruin it. Success in AA not quite same as M.L.

Marlins and Twins and Dodgers can take risks with rushing kids that contenders don't need to. Based upon recent steps, and barring a Middlebrooks-early 2012 breakout performance right away by Xander, let's all take a deep breath.

Let him absorb AAA breaking pitches, continue to learn and hopefully excel.. Barring above-mentioned breakout ,which we'd gladly accept,  an August 2014 cup of coffee would be right on schedule.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

[QUOTE]

IF WMB turns it around and Xander continues his hitting at the MLB level, the team will have a top 5 infield lineup next year:

1B WMB

2B Pedey

SS Iggy

3B Xander

Fielding wise, yes, but there are still too many questions about the offense vs MLB pitching. The outlook is nice. We'll probably pick up a veteran corner IF'er as insurance if Naps is not re-signed (Naps offers a nice emergency catcher situation that allows us to PH for Ross and Salty late in games.)

Assuming no signings or extensions, next year's OF looks like this:

LF: Gomes/Nava

CF: JBJ/Kalish (Victorino)

RF: Victorino/Brentz (Nava)

Next year's catchers:

Ross/Lava/Vazquez

[/QUOTE]

Are you planning on Carp at 1B to platoon with WMB?

[/QUOTE]

I should have listed Carp at 1B (and back-up corner OF'er).

If Carp continues like this, we could see him as the FT 1Bman with Middy getting sometime vs LHPs at 1B and splitting time at 3B with Boggy. Boggy could spell Iggy at SS here and there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Although highly unlikely we sign nobody, here is how 2014 looks with just what we have on the books through next year:

C: Ross/ Lava or Vazquez

DH: Papi

1B: Carp (Middlebrooks/Papi)

2B: Pedey/Holt

3B: Bogaerts/Middlebrooks

SS: Iggy (Bogaerts)

LF: Nava/Gomes (Carp)

SP: Buch, Lester(?), Lackey, Dempster, Doubront or Webster (Ranaudo?)

RP: Bailey, Uehara, Tazawa, Breslow, Miller, Moretensen, Aceves, Morales, Wilson, DLR

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The X man with a HR tonight

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

I guess Ill eat crow after saying that Bogy would remain in AA unil after the ASB. I guess he was fast tracked since Iggy is now a mainstay in Boston. Good for him.

Now, if they use him at 3b, we know who might be in line to replace Middy should he keep failing.

i told you all earlier in the year that the Sox brass felt that they were too slow in moving prospects up...which JoeyB disputed despite me quoting Lucchino exactly word for word (lol I guess Joey really knows what larry thinks/means) the old model of wading thru minor leagues is not realistic in this day/age of PED bans...you need to get young, fast, and healthy...

[/QUOTE]

I believe your evidence for moving guys up rapidly was Middlebrooks, and except for one game this year, he hasn't hit at all.  You don't move guys up until you have to.  But the point is this-you gain nothing by letting a guy learn his trade in the majors.  You have guys for 6 years until they stop adding value to your team.  If you bring a guy up, and he struggles for two years, it's a waste of control years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Although highly unlikely we sign nobody, here is how 2014 looks with just what we have on the books through next year:

C: Ross/ Lava or Vazquez

DH: Papi

1B: Carp (Middlebrooks/Papi)

2B: Pedey/Holt

3B: Bogaerts/Middlebrooks

SS: Iggy (Bogaerts)

LF: Nava/Gomes (Carp)

SP: Buch, Lester(?), Lackey, Dempster, Doubront or Webster (Ranaudo?)

RP: Bailey, Uehara, Tazawa, Breslow, Miller, Moretensen, Aceves, Morales, Wilson, DLR

Sox4ever

So Moon , you have Xander making big club out of ST ?      Vazquez and his .240 avg. jumping from AA ?               No attempt to re-sign Salty ? Or Napoli ?  Holt promoted, instead of some Alex Cora-type free agent veteran ?

Although IMO quite optimistic, I DO like you allowing possibility of Ranaudo making 2014 rotation. I'd personally give that better odds than Bogaerts being up prior to mid-season, at least. I also notice no major F.A. or mega-trade acquistions, such as certain disgruntled 23 yr. old power hitting r/h outfielders from N.L. teams way down south. Even ones whose similiarity & age comps. in BRef. are named Conigliaro or J. Gonzalez.

We've got questions.......you've got answers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

OOPS ! Sorry Moon, didn't originally notice you'd started out saying " what we have on the books now".

My bad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

OOPS ! Sorry Moon, didn't originally notice you'd started out saying " what we have on the books now".

My bad.

No problem. Of course, we will sign some players, but the team above does not look too bad all by itself.

Here are some possible FA signings:

C: Salty, McCann, J Molina, C Ruiz

1B: Napoli, Berkman, K Morales, Morneau, M Morse

3B: E Chavez, M Young

OF: Beltran, Choo, Crisp, DeJesus, Grandy, Ellsb, C Hart, D Murphy, Pence

SP: C Carpenter, G Floyd, M Garza, D Haren, P Hughes, J Johnson, Kuroda, C Lewis, W Rodriguez, E Santana, J Shields, J vargas, Vogelsong

Let's say we sign: Salty, E Chavez, DeJesus, Garza, and Kuroda, and do not take Lester's option. The 25 man roster would look like this:

C: Salty/Ross

DH: Ortiz (Gomes)

1B: Carp/Chavez

2B: Pedroia/Holt

3B: Middlebrooks (Chavez)

SS: Iggy (Holt)

LF: Nava/Gomes

CF: Victorino/JBJ

RF: DeJesus (Vict)

SP: Buch, Kuroda, Garza, Lackey, Dempster, Doubront

RP: Bailey, Uehara, Tazawa, Breslow, Morales, Aceves, & one of Miller, Mort, Aceves or others.

We may sign Napoli, K Morales, or another 1Bman and sign just 1 SP not 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

The X man with a HR tonight

Here it is.  Crushed it.

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=28025031