1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Our beloved Iggy hits a HR in his first game with the Paw Sox

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

thanks Ferrell for sending him down you bleeping meat head

My guess is that Ben was the one who made the final decision.

MOON, we certainly miss his glove already.......  (see my thread about giving outs)

Many people are shocked at my claim that Iggy might make 60-100+ more plays over 150 games than Drew.  Every year, the same SSs make 100-120 more plays over the worst ranged SS in MLB. Since it doesn't show up in the mornings box score, it can't count, right?

Mazz estimated the number to be about 20....Take that as you will.  The problem is fielding stats stink, so its very hard to quantify the number of outs that Iggy makes that Drew wouldnt.  If it was easily quantifiable , it would be a simple comparison

How many more hits will Drew have vs how many more putouts will Iggy have

Because the second half of that equation is much harder to quantify than the first, the first half gets more weight.  I dont agree with this, but I understand it.

Personally, I would put my number (number of outs that Drew wont make that Iggy would) somewhere around 40.

Number would be much higher if we called up Webster (sinkrball pitcher)

It is amazing that people can think the number is that high. Drew is a good fielder, it is not like Lugo is out there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I do, however, believe that it is hard to quantify the advantage Iggy gives, especially because Drew is an above average defensive SS --

Would you be so kind as to let the readers know what metric you used to quantify S. Drew as "an above average defensive SS", since it's hard to quantify the difference the difference one SS makes over the other.

It's a judgement call based on how he has been viewed during his career because it is hard to quantify.

If you don't think Drew was an above-average SS before he got hurt, that's fine. It doesn't hurt my feelings if you feel differently. It is OK for two people to have different opinions.

If you're a fan on any of the defensive metrics that try to rank defenders, I'm OK with that. I remain skeptical of defensive stats.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

9 time GG Omar Vizquel owns .985 fielding % and Drew has .978.  He seems like an above average fielder to me. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It is amazing that people can think the number is that high. Drew is a good fielder, it is not like Lugo is out there.

Lugo had very good range before the injuries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

9 time GG Omar Vizquel owns .985 fielding % and Drew has .978.  He seems like an above average fielder to me. 

Yes, fielding percent tells the whole story.

Undecided

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

The best fielders have the highest fielding percentage.

Is that right ????     I never thought of it that way .....  Ya learn something every day !!!