1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Our Government prepares (once again) to send our sons, daughters, and friends to war !!

I don't think so.  Plus the ones making the decisions are duly elected officials.  And this is an all-volunteer force, one I was proud to be a member of. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Our Government prepares (once again) to send our sons, daughters, and friends to war !!

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I don't think so.  Plus the ones making the decisions are duly elected officials.  And this is an all-volunteer force, one I was proud to be a member of. 

I thought this site was for sports talk, not politics. Guess I'm on the wrong site !!

Just saying.

Hetch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Mea Culpa..yup, I know it is a sports forum and not political but our troops are athletes and heroes too and I feel they should be kept out of harms way if possible. So, since the thread was started, I'm adding my $.02. What good did it do to go in to Iraq ? I can't believe the grief of parents who lost children in Iraq.  It is more dangerous now. Yup, gassing the Kurds as is the gassing  now in Syria is horrific but why is it our concern ? Saddam was no treat to us & kept Iran at bay. Iran is our biggest threat.

THE REAL THREAT TO WORLD PEACE IS IRAN, WHO IS DIRECTING ALL THE BAD COMING FROM SYRIA.  THEY ARE CLOSE TO HAVING THE NUCLEAR BOMB.  WE NEED TO DEAL WITH THE NUMBER ONE PROBLEM, IRAN, NOT SYRIA.

This is one of the very few instances the UN could be helpful:

The UN investigates the facts...
    If all the evidence points to who used the gas warfare to kill civilians, confront them...
    See what they say...
    if appropriate, the next step would be to prosecute that party at the Hague for war crimes...
    This way, it is the world against the bad guys, not just the US.
    Result:  The guilty party is brought to justice, legally...
    There is not one good thing that could be a result of the US atacking Syria.  Most of them, don't want to be accussed of being a racist, are all bad guys and as is happening in Iraq & Egypt, let them fight it out…and stay out of it……………

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I have used this handle since 2005.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Not sure I can talk to this, but I will give it a try ...........  "over there" is a bloody mess and all the "score cards" in theater will will never make that a better place........  My heart goes out to all our service people who have been killed , wounded or come home in a bad state of mind,  in what looks to be more of a quagmire with "rules of engagement"  and bad  U S policies that lead to nowhere ..........      BTW, looks like the administration is being "sooo cute" looking for Congress to bless/sanction  the desires of our brilliant  C I C ........ As my G W B  T-SHIRT says........ "MISS ME YET"  !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

This should be a fun thread....

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

This should be a fun thread....

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

While it lastsSealed

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Wrong, Burrito! Launching bombs and missiles at another sovereign country doesn't qualify as "war," we have now been informed by Secy. Kerry. (I'm sure we would feel just the same way if someone else did this to us.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

What ever happened "to the victors belong the spoils"?

Every war we're in we destroy and then give money to rebuild!

I say that when we took Iraq, we should have taken the oil fields for ourselves...."to the victors belong the spoils".

Well, that is basically what we did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I say that when we took Iraq, we should have taken the oil fields for ourselves...."to the victors belong the spoils".

It's not so much about taking the oil as it is about keeping the tap running. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's not so much about taking the oil as it is about keeping the tap running. 

[/QUOTE]

It is also about taking the oil.  Prior to the war, western oil companies were basically shut out of the Iraqi oil market.  Now, they have taken over that market almost completely.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I guess being in first place on Sept. 4 isn't exciting enough for people to talk about Red Sox....could it be we are waiting for a collapse?

"Advertising is legalized lying."- H.G.Wells

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

about drawing that red line

no worries here

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

about drawing that red line

no worries here

LOL....funny!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh?  I was unaware that they were purchasing oil from us...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Boston.com is a pretty cool place. You can go to the top of tha page, click of the lifestyle tab, then click on the link that says forum's. Now here's the part that's really gonna blow your mind! You can then scroll through different forum topics one of which is politics, and then you don't have to post about politics on a baseball thread. If this was anything even related to baseball or sports that would be one thing, but its not at all, not even a little bit. Your pulling a bill, burrito, nice job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Agreed, this is a baseball forum

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hhhuhhh ...  sorry my friend.  We didn't get anything of value from either Iraq or Afganistan ...

not in ratio to cost ....

During two tours in Iraq my older son watched as Iraqi contractors took money for jobs to be performed - and did not perform them.  Iraqi soldiers came in for their pay days and then left their bases until the next pay day ... 

That was not an absloute, but enough of a situation that he finally asked permission of his command officers to take a patrol out to round up the thieves .... MUCH to the amusement of his base commanders, they thought he was kidding.  He wasn't.  His sincerity was such that they gave in to the request ....

Allow me to point out we were supposed to be paid back by the oil production in Iraq, which was supposed to be near 50 billion dollars a year - but never was more than 5 or 6 billion a year ....

And we have spent 100's of billions in the war efforts ... we did not get them back ....

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts