1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Our Government prepares (once again) to send our sons, daughters, and friends to war !!

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Not sure I can talk to this, but I will give it a try ...........  "over there" is a bloody mess and all the "score cards" in theater will will never make that a better place........  My heart goes out to all our service people who have been killed , wounded or come home in a bad state of mind,  in what looks to be more of a quagmire with "rules of engagement"  and bad  U S policies that lead to nowhere ..........      BTW, looks like the administration is being "sooo cute" looking for Congress to bless/sanction  the desires of our brilliant  C I C ........ As my G W B  T-SHIRT says........ "MISS ME YET"  !!!!

Ahhhahahaha.  Just when I think you can't sink any lower you surprise me again.

GW Bush and Tony B. Liar are borderline war criminals, IMO.   David Cameron - whom I despise for a myriad of reasons - at least had the decency to put the issue to the Commons here....and enough of his own, conservative, Members of Parliament revolted and refused to sanction an attack on Syria so the UK will not participate.  Exactly right, regardless of one's view of the rightness of yet another attack/war on another sovereign nation.

I'm a big supporter of Obama and would be shocked and horrified if he launched any sort of military action without the consent of Congress.  

Are you seriously espousing the right of the President of the US....the Commander-in-Chief of the US Armed Forces....to take direct military action at will?  

What if Obama wants to attack Utah next, is that ok or do you think he should try to get approval from Congress first?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Our Government prepares (once again) to send our sons, daughters, and friends to war !!

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I don't think so.  Plus the ones making the decisions are duly elected officials.  And this is an all-volunteer force, one I was proud to be a member of. 

I thought this site was for sports talk, not politics. Guess I'm on the wrong site !!

Just saying.

Hetch

This isn't a game, it should be 'on the front burner' of all our daily lives at the moment. 

This should be shouted from the rooftops.  I know I know guys!  In general, this should be a baseball site!  BUT!!!!  If you can completely put the Red Sox in a box, safe & sound from world events????  Good on ya!  You're a very compartmentalized person.  SORRY!!!!  When I've had friends & young 'kids' I knew as young boys & students come back traumatized FOR NOTHING, in my opinion, it's tough to put in a little box!  If you don't like it????  TOO ____'n bad!  DON'T READ IT!  TURN THE PAGE!  GET OVER YOURSELF!  Some guys can chew gum & walk at the same time.  We're capable of divergent thought patterns! 

If you've put these 2 wars in a safe little box, far away from your simple thoughts????  You have a very limited world view!  It's a YOU PROBLEM!  Not a them / us problem!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I'm just glad my very liberal 19 year old daughter didn't have to sign up for the draft!  The way things are going, I fear my soon to be 16 year old son could one day be drafted.  In this liberated world, where girls have all the rights of boys, my daughter keeps wondering why she doesn't have to sign up.  At least SHE is completely liberated....  She gets the irony!  With equal rights there should be equal responsibility!

Just thought I'd throw a monkey wrench into this. 

I may not agree with my very liberal daughter on many things socio-political, but I love the fact that she is a TRULY INDEPENDENT THINKER!

Live large!  think for yourself!  Don't be a mind-numbed ideologue!!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Dirt dog,

Will the Taproom televise the Yankee/Sox game?  Excuse the ignorance, but does being a 'sports bar' mean there are multiple screens with multiple games?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

The debate should be broadcast LIVE on c-SPAN !! That should be a mandate of the people.

didrtdog I am sure if Pedey were drafted or volunteered to go to battle it would be a hot topic on this site. Good post above.

You are absolutely right, if the story did in fact involve Pedey it would be a story for the forum because it would then be a BASEBALL story because pedey is a BASEBALL player. Does it involve pedey??? That would be a solid nope. There is a whole forum for politics as well as one for world news on this site take this junk over there. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

To the next JA who comes on & give the all too TRITE "this is a baseball forum,"  BLOW IT OUT YOUR IGNORANT AAAARRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS!

Really, I'm the ignorant one? You come here espousing a bunch of load mouth crapola, pretending to be an expert on the intricacies of international politics? I'm not saying I know the right decision for a situation like this one, and I have severe reservations that you have any idea of what the flip to do or how the situation should be left to unfold. Difference between you and me is that this is my last post on this thread, you how ever are going to spam post 3 to 4 times dramatically overreacting to what ever statements you disagree with in this thread as you do in every single thread you post in. Drop the tough guy act its tired.

Asking you to take things that have remotely no baring on baseball or sports in general to a more appropriate section of the forum is not a difficult thing to ask. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

We are sending our legions to the edges of the empire to defend it but unfortunately the empire cannot afford it. We have Hannibal trashing our neighborhoods and corruption is rampant. The few who are noble are tired and wounded. And the population is ignorant. Our decline appears inevitable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:
    [QUOTE]

We are sending our legions to the edges of the empire to defend it but unfortunately the empire cannot afford it. We have Hannibal trashing our neighborhoods and corruption is rampant. The few who are noble are tired and wounded. And the population is ignorant. Our decline appears inevitable.

[/QUOTE

In the meantime, go Red Sox!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'm a big supporter of Obama and would be shocked and horrified if he launched any sort of military action without the consent of Congress.  

Are you seriously espousing the right of the President of the US....the Commander-in-Chief of the US Armed Forces....to take direct military action at will?  

You do realize Obama did this already, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_military_intervention_in_Libya

Don't get me wrong, he is absolutely doing the right thing by going to Congress for approval in this case, but let's not make the mistake of believing that he's doing it because he thinks he needs to -- it's purely for political reasons.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts