1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Our Government prepares (once again) to send our sons, daughters, and friends to war !!

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure I can talk to this, but I will give it a try ...........  "over there" is a bloody mess and all the "score cards" in theater will will never make that a better place........  My heart goes out to all our service people who have been killed , wounded or come home in a bad state of mind,  in what looks to be more of a quagmire with "rules of engagement"  and bad  U S policies that lead to nowhere ..........      BTW, looks like the administration is being "sooo cute" looking for Congress to bless/sanction  the desires of our brilliant  C I C ........ As my G W B  T-SHIRT says........ "MISS ME YET"  !!!!

Ahhhahahaha.  Just when I think you can't sink any lower you surprise me again.

GW Bush and Tony B. Liar are borderline war criminals, IMO.   David Cameron - whom I despise for a myriad of reasons - at least had the decency to put the issue to the Commons here....and enough of his own, conservative, Members of Parliament revolted and refused to sanction an attack on Syria so the UK will not participate.  Exactly right, regardless of one's view of the rightness of yet another attack/war on another sovereign nation.

I'm a big supporter of Obama and would be shocked and horrified if he launched any sort of military action without the consent of Congress.  

Are you seriously espousing the right of the President of the US....the Commander-in-Chief of the US Armed Forces....to take direct military action at will?  

What if Obama wants to attack Utah next, is that ok or do you think he should try to get approval from Congress first?

[/QUOTE]You missed my point .......  Just saying that the "BIG O" never consults with Congress about anything, & now he does, ummmmmm  .....  BTW, I am tired of all the war in the middle east and the effects on 2+ generations of Americans....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Our Government prepares (once again) to send our sons, daughters, and friends to war !!

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To the next JA who comes on & give the all too TRITE "this is a baseball forum,"  BLOW IT OUT YOUR IGNORANT AAAARRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS!

Really, I'm the ignorant one? You come here espousing a bunch of load mouth crapola, pretending to be an expert on the intricacies of international politics? I'm not saying I know the right decision for a situation like this one, and I have severe reservations that you have any idea of what the flip to do or how the situation should be left to unfold. Difference between you and me is that this is my last post on this thread, you how ever are going to spam post 3 to 4 times dramatically overreacting to what ever statements you disagree with in this thread as you do in every single thread you post in. Drop the tough guy act its tired.

Asking you to take things that have remotely no baring on baseball or sports in general to a more appropriate section of the forum is not a difficult thing to ask. 

[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed my point?  The point was not whether I'm right or wrong, the point is "is it appropriate to post a non=baseball opinion given the real life gravity of sending our kids into yet another war."

Pretty simple.  Do I have a strong and somewhat loud mouth opinion as to the substance of the decision?  Guilty.  Do I state my opinions too forcefully sometimes.  Guilty.  But that should not be the issue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The last four U.S. Presidents (Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr. and Obama) are lefties.   Laughing

Anyway, can anyone guess who is the ONLY U.S. President with an MBA?  You'd be surprised. 

The answer is below.

Bush Jr. from the Harvard Business School.   I think his daddy helped him get in.   LOL

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Stay away from any conflict unless it threatens us and their use of gas, horrific as it is, as was Saddam using it against the Kurds, does not affect us other than getting involved on a humanitarian basis but, to do so, have the endorsement of the entire Western world and Russia & China too & be damned with Iran & Hezbolah in Lebanon. Israel will be hit wiht 100s of missles from Hezbolah & maybe Iran too. It'll be a powder keg. How would you like to be a parent of a child lost in the Iraq war ? It has more bombings now. Saddam, as Assad, was no threat to us and kept the real threat, Iran, at bay. Do we want another Iraq on our hands ? Our involvement in Libya and Egypt has not made the situation better over there. I say let the Muslims kill eachother and resolve their own issues The following should explain the situation there(HA!)

B I N G O   !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

He absolutely has the right.  That's been settled.  That right must be handled judiciously, but every president from both parties have held that it is the president's perogative.

Every president may have argued that, but the Constitution and the law say otherwise, so the issue is far from "settled."

Joe, you are okay with the chief executive having the authority to launch the nation into "wars of choice" that don't involve self-defense and may or may not be in the national interest? To me, that's scary. We don't live in a monarchy or a dictatorship, and one person does not get to make that call.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

The last four U.S. Presidents (Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr. and Obama) are lefties.   Laughing

Anyway, can anyone guess who is the ONLY U.S. President with an MBA?  You'd be surprised. 

The answer is below.

Bush Jr. from the Harvard Business School.   I think his daddy helped him get in.   LOL

This ongoing thought that Bush 43 is/was dumb is idiotic.  Nobody who sits in the Oval Office is dumb.  The job demands that.  Are some smarter than others, yes.  But all of them are far smarter than virtually every one of the people on this board and most of the country. 

Disagreement with policies is fine.  Personally, I think most of Obama's policies are a disaster.  Others think Bush 41/43's or Clinton's or Reagan's were.  I've got no problem with that.  But none of them is/was dumb. 

It was just a joke so relax.   Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

If you want something I consider even more interesting, we have only had one president that was also a union president.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

He absolutely has the right.  That's been settled.  That right must be handled judiciously, but every president from both parties have held that it is the president's perogative.

Every president may have argued that, but the Constitution and the law say otherwise, so the issue is far from "settled."

Joe, you are okay with the chief executive having the authority to launch the nation into "wars of choice" that don't involve self-defense and may or may not be in the national interest? To me, that's scary. We don't live in a monarchy or a dictatorship, and one person does not get to make that call.

1-The president does not have the power to launch a war of choice.  That has never been debated.

2-What the POTUS does have is the power to use troops as he deems fit, must notify Congress within 48 hours, and is limited to 60 days use and 30 withdrawal period.

3-Any action by the POTUS can be debated as to whether it i in the national interest.

4-The War Powers Resolution has nothing to do with monarchies or a dictatorship.  The WPR was decided by the representatives we voted into office.  We can just as easily vote those people out, and replace them with someone that will overturn the WPR.  But as long as the POTUS acts under the WPR, then he is acting with the people's approval, and that is democratic.

And you can not only vote your representatives out of office, you can refuse to vote for anyone that supports the POTUS' actions.  Are you ready to vote against Kerry or Clinton in 2016?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Which was worse, Obama's Benghazi operation or Jimmy Carter's Operation Eagle Claw?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

If you want something I consider even more interesting, we have only had one president that was also a union president.

Hello Joebreidey  Laughing

Who would that be?  

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I'm suprised this thread is still here.

We have no allies in syria, the government and the rebels hate us and will do all they can to destroy us.  We should stay out of it, why cause more bad blood in the region and with other countries?

The UN is useless.

Yes what syria did was terrible but killing your own citizens is terrible in any way shape or form.  Unfortuanly it happens all the time, do we need to go into every country to fix it?

If bush was doing this I think most on this forum would go nuts over this.  Obama was so critical of bush, went around the world on his apology tour, bowing to world leaders, what did it get him...nothing.  What about the reset with russia, a joke, just like obabmas policies, national and world wide.

He drew the red line now he has to save face and do something.  Sorry excuse for a president.

You are right 67.  Obama's hypcocricy here is deep and sickening.  However, the reality is the "red line" notion that chemical weapons usage must be responded to is entirely because of the Bush regime push to war in Iraq.  And, all of the points you bring up about why we should not engage with Syria (all very good points by the way), why did those points not apply to Iraq?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm suprised this thread is still here.

We have no allies in syria, the government and the rebels hate us and will do all they can to destroy us.  We should stay out of it, why cause more bad blood in the region and with other countries?

The UN is useless.

Yes what syria did was terrible but killing your own citizens is terrible in any way shape or form.  Unfortuanly it happens all the time, do we need to go into every country to fix it?

If bush was doing this I think most on this forum would go nuts over this.  Obama was so critical of bush, went around the world on his apology tour, bowing to world leaders, what did it get him...nothing.  What about the reset with russia, a joke, just like obabmas policies, national and world wide.

He drew the red line now he has to save face and do something.  Sorry excuse for a president.

You are right 67.  Obama's hypcocricy here is deep and sickening.  However, the reality is the "red line" notion that chemical weapons usage must be responded to is entirely because of the Bush regime push to war in Iraq.  And, all of the points you bring up about why we should not engage with Syria (all very good points by the way), why did those points not apply to Iraq?

[/QUOTE]

My post was removed, that's pretty rare for me.  Must be because I was critical of obama.  I thought we lived in a free country but I guess I'm wrong.

Bush and iraq are not the topic here, that was then, this is now.  Obama is the president, he is in the hot seat.  His handling of benghazi was shameful, we still don't know where he was during the attack and the white house won't tell us.  Why?

Obama took the "high road" and bowed to those people and now they are taking advantage of him.  Pretty sad.  Nothing good will come of this.

You have a point about using gas but I still think we should stay out of this.  Just my opinion, I may be wrong.

Obama hurt our relationship with england so they have kept their distance.  What a mess.

I fully expect this post to be removed because I dared to same something negative about obama.  So much for the freedom of speach.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Pretty simple.  Do I have a strong and somewhat loud mouth opinion as to the substance of the decision?  Guilty.  Do I state my opinions too forcefully sometimes.  Guilty.  But that should not be the issue.
    by redsoxdirtdog

Maybe you need to tone things down a bit.  Posters may find it easier to interact with you.