Out of Market Games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Out of Market Games

For those who watch from Non-Boston Markets, how do you watch the games?

My understanding is that Extra Innings OR MLBTV allows you to watch every game on NESN (In the past, I believe it was only about 100-125 games and half of those could be on the other team's broadcast; that's changed and improved now, right? I think with MLB TV PREMIUM???).   Is this accurate?

But what about the Fox Sat games and Sun ESPN games?  I would ESPN is no problem since that is just 1 game they broadcast (although very rarely sometimes it is 2) but what about Sat FOX since they do 2 games - will you get Boston or the other game? 

And most importantly, what about Post Season games?  Sometimes they split the feeds on one channel (ESPN, TBS, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, FX, TNN, MLB, etc)...........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Out of Market Games

What do you guys do now who live out of the Boston TV Market?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No one watches games out of market?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wow, I thought a lot of people used MLB tv or EI ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Well, when they are good, they make regular appearances on ESPN.  I have DirectTV, and while I don't subscribe to the MLB package (all games), I do get the MLB channel, which has games most days/nights when ESPN isn't carrying a game.  Red Sox have made several appearances there this year.  Otherwise, if I am not doing something else, I will sometimes watch the last few innings via computer on the vipbox website.  Seldom watch a whole game that way.  Japanese commercials can be interesting.

I live on the Illinois/Iowa border, so I'm blacked out from seeing Cubs/White Sox (although these are usually available via the Chicago broadcasts) as well as the Cardinals.  For whatever reason, both the Brewers and Twins claim this as home territory as well, so there's 2 more black out teams. Hence my use of vipbox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My understanding is that Extra Innings OR MLBTV allows you to watch every game on NESN (In the past, I believe it was only about 100-125 games and half of those could be on the other team's broadcast; that's changed and improved now, right? I think with MLB TV PREMIUM???).   Is this accurate?

But what about the Fox Sat games and Sun ESPN games?  I would ESPN is no problem since that is just 1 game they broadcast (although very rarely sometimes it is 2) but what about Sat FOX since they do 2 games - will you get Boston or the other game? 

And most importantly, what about Post Season games?  Sometimes they split the feeds on one channel (ESPN, TBS, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, FX, TNN, MLB, etc)...........

[/QUOTE]

I think if you ordered the package and should be able to watch all games.  But sometime it could be black out and show it on another channel such as YES if you have one.  Since I live in NY State, once or twice a year, when Boston is playing the Yankees, sometime it is blacked out on MLB and YES at the same time.  Not sure what is the reason for it.  

But you should be able to watch at least over 150 games if you purchased MLB package.  no way that more than 50 to 75 games is blacked out for you.   I would file complaint against MLB networking!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

I have a regular subscription with MLB.tv

I can't watch games on ESPN and I can't watch them play against Houston or Tex (I am in Austin, TX).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I use mlb.com and hook the laptop to the TV via an HDMI cable, which provides a pretty good picture--a better picture than I was getting with the MLB package on verizon fios, which gave me a lousy feed of NESN.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have Xtra innings, and get every game; sometimes it's only the local team's broadcast, sometimes it's not on Xtra Innings because it's an ESPN, or Fox. For me, I like the NESN, but it really doesn't make that much difference if it's the NY or Toronto or whomever. It's the same game. I live in Ft Myers, so the Ray's games usually have to be watched on Sunsports, and the Ray's guys (especially some guy named Anderson) are really lousy. In that case, I grin and bear it, watch the game, sometimes turn off the sound, and hope the Sox kill'em!

Also, remember, the Sox and Yankees games are usually on at the same time so, with XTRA Innings, I can switch now and then should I have the urge see what's going on with, I think, our main competitor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I didn't watch any post season games on xtra innings, last year. They are always on one network or another.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

thanks all

so it seems as though you could watch nearly all regular season games and mostly on NESN.  only question here is when they play the yankees are stuck w/ the YES feed?

then is the question of Post Season - it seems like the answer is yes but just to confirm, you get the Sox games on the national broadcasts?  world series and even ALCS I would think but the Wild Card series would concern me......so do you get every game?? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

NC I have the package, butwe are blacked ou of Baltimore an Washington games.  Gives me the excuse to run up to Balt for games once in a while. Get all playoff games on network, ESPN  etc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So what system do you use?

Extra Innings or MLB TV and is there a difference?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We have MLB, not sure what Extra Innings is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have MLB, not sure what Extra Innings is.

[/QUOTE]

Extra Innings is the baseball package you can buy w/ most cable/sat subscriptions

MLBTV allows you to watch games via streaming on your PC or you can connect your PC to your TV monitor to watch (via HDMI Cable)

I think!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I get MLB extra innings, have for years.  I don't always get NESN though. The O's and Nats are blacked out because they are on local channels.  The O's are on MASN, not sure what channel the nats are on because I don't like national league play.  

I went to a couple of nat's game both at the old and new stadium.  Not impressed.

If the game is nationaly broadcast then MLB extra innings doesn't carry it.  I pretty much see all the games but on rare occasions they are not on tv.  If not on tv I listen to them on the radio via my computer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get MLB extra innings, have for years.  I don't always get NESN though. The O's and Nats are blacked out because they are on local channels.  The O's are on MASN, not sure what channel the nats are on because I don't like national league play.  

I went to a couple of nat's game both at the old and new stadium.  Not impressed.

If the game is nationaly broadcast then MLB extra innings doesn't cary it.  I pretty much see all the games but on rare occasions they are not on tv.  If not on tv I listen to them on the radio via my computer.

[/QUOTE]

thank you.....what about Post Season Games -  especially the earlier series when there are like 3 games on at once?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

thanks all

so it seems as though you could watch nearly all regular season games and mostly on NESN.  only question here is when they play the yankees are stuck w/ the YES feed?

then is the question of Post Season - it seems like the answer is yes but just to confirm, you get the Sox games on the national broadcasts?  world series and even ALCS I would think but the Wild Card series would concern me......so do you get every game?? 

[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily.  I get other broadcasters not just the guys at NESN.  I don't always get YES when I listen to the yanks.  The YES guys are much better than they used to be.  Maybe the 3 WS wins helped with that! I think the rays announcers are worse than those at YES.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

thanks all

[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily.  I get other broadcasters not just the guys at NESN.  I don't always get YES when I listen to the yanks.  The YES guys are much better than they used to be.  Maybe the 3 WS wins helped with that! I think the rays announcers are worse than those at YES.

[/QUOTE]

when The Sox play the yankees which feed do you get?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the game is nationaly broadcast then MLB extra innings doesn't cary it.  I pretty much see all the games but on rare occasions they are not on tv.  If not on tv I listen to them on the radio via my computer.

[/QUOTE]

thank you.....what about Post Season Games -  especially the earlier series when there are like 3 games on at once?

[/QUOTE]

That's a good question.  I see them but for the life of me I don't remember where!  If the game is local for your area or on national tv for any reason then MLB extra innings does not carry it.

If the post season games are not on national tv then I see them on extra innings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a good question.  I see them but for the life of me I don't remember where!  If the game is local for your area or on national tv for any reason then MLB extra innings does not carry it.

If the post season games are not on national tv then I see them on extra innings.

[/QUOTE]

No post season games are regional tv.  It's FOX, TBS, ESPN, etc.  The issue is what happens when say FOX has to broadcast 2 games at a time.  And you are out of market for the Sox but in market for say the Dodgers.  Which feed will you get???  And can you get more coverage by using MLB TV instead of Extra Innings?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No post season games are regional tv.  It's FOX, TBS, ESPN, etc.  The issue is what happens when say FOX has to broadcast 2 games at a time.  And you are out of market for the Sox but in market for say the Dodgers.  Which feed will you get???  And can you get more coverage by using MLB TV instead of Extra Innings?

[/QUOTE]

If the games are on fox, espn, tbs, etc. then extra innings won't carry it. I don't know anything about MLB TV.  Extra inning always blocks out the local broadcasts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the games are on fox, espn, tbs, etc. then extra innings won't carry it. I don't know anything about MLB TV.  Extra inning always blocks out the local broadcasts.

[/QUOTE]

so have you ever had a post season game not available to you?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

thanks all

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

when The Sox play the yankees which feed do you get?

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes yanks sometimes sox.  Extra innings doesn't always broadcast the home team.  I can watch a game played at fenway and get the visiting teams broadcast booth.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Sections
Shortcuts