Out of the Fray

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Out of the Fray

Well, I've been out of the fray this winter preferring quiet contemplation to ongoing dialogue. I checked in a few times, and found that things were about the same, and I figured no need to dump my two cents into the Front Burner change bucket. With a new season about to start I am actually looking forward to the telling of what could be a very magical season. Ever since the under-respected O's of Lord Baltimore's village took their venegence on the Old Towne Team in Sept 2011, the team had been a colection of neer-do-wells and chronic over complainers. Led into battle by the archaic Mesr Valentine, what was there really to like? Thank goodness the good hearted denizens of Chavez Ravine offered an Obama-istic bailout, a bailout that ought to be hailed because it truly worked. Ridding the roster of Beckett, Gonzales and Crawford, ooh, let that simmer on the synapses just one more time and you have a non chemical induced endorphin rush!

The landscape has truly changed, our GM has become the $13M dollar man, (We can rebuild it, make it better, faster, stronger). Finding not only servicable players, but enthusiastic too, for less than the price of  a CC 45 day disaled list entry. Roaming the landscape, will be Jackie Bradley Jr, and why not? Last year's young outfielder was Ryan Sweeney, a big man with a little swing. If I find out that the same guy scouted him and Jeremy Hermida, well I'll lead the parade to his exile from Boston via the Tobin Bridge.

The AL East shapes up to be one tough circuit to ride, Toronto went all in and bailed out the nightmare in lime at Miami, and the Orioles believe in themselves even if no one else does. Showalter and Valentine demonstrates the difference a line-up filler-outer can make. The players have to make the plays, and the managers has to make them play. The Yankees are a team of broken down heroes, it's really saying something when signing Vernon Wells makes your team better. The Rays are the Rays, good pitching stops good hitting, unless your name is Evan Longoria, I vote we walk hime EVERY time.

As much as Bill has called for Iggy, he'll actually get his wish, due to a Drew with an injury, go figure, who knew? The departed Mike Aviles was swapped for a manager, what is this an independent league? Mr. Aviles was then hot-swapped to Cleveland where he'll cross paths with Terry Francona. Mike will always be known as a great athlete, well, in the Aviles family anyways.

Adrian Gonzales was supposed to be the "left-handed Manny Ramirez", but he ended up being the "left handed Jack Clark", not sure what's funnier, his long term deal or the Tony Romo extension.

I understand John Lackey has been reformed, and if he he pulls this off morphing from Hunter S. Thompson to Curt Schilling it will be more surprising then John Wayne playing Ghengis Kahn.

I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge the all knowing Moon, although He prefers a Salty-free battery, it won't be long til Saltalamachia earns his lasting respect, and I actually predict a huge man-crush. I need to add in that Softy was all over the Miami fiasco, waaaaaay beore it went down, keep in mind, they threw in the towell about the third of June last year, and Softy ought to dig in his tarheels on this one, as he was right on it.

So with just one more peace full day before the start of something big, get some rest, come October, the party celebration around here may just be bigger than the Shah's party at Persepolis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Out of the Fray

Welcome back.  The bad news is, your posts can only go downhill after that one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Welcome back.  The bad news is, your posts can only go downhill after that one.

Thanks HFX, like your style.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to BaddBrains' comment:

Man you sound like you is a writer for a Balltimore rag. I do lve them crabcakes down thare at Lexington seaport.  Most of youur rant went over this punk rockers bald head lol. Wish I had the schoolin that you had. I went to the burlesque row there once and had an eyeful.  Liked the old Memorial Park. You had any of Boogs ribs man?

I've been to two Orioles games, both times to see the Sox, never got the ribs, living in Virginia, it's a logical place to go to see the Sox. You could always "google" some of my references in the OP, if your curious about them. :)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I need to add in that Softy was all over the Miami fiasco, waaaaaay beore it went down, keep in mind, they threw in the towell about the third of June last year, and Softy ought to dig in his tarheels on this one, as he was right on it.

Youk, a blind hog;)

Great to have you back! Not sure how anyone votes for Obama and then goes out and buys  season tickets to watch the team that the owners make their filthy profits from. The Peoples Republics of New England are deeply disturbed.

and yet you want them to slash payroll to 100Mil to keep more money in Henrys pocket.... hypocrite.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Welcome back, Youk.

Alas, one is on the brink of a mid-summer night's dream .... a nightmare image to some minds and a dream of to be or not to be ... indeed, that is the rub.  Some are sure we look into a glass half empty and some are sure the glass is half full.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I need to add in that Softy was all over the Miami fiasco, waaaaaay beore it went down, keep in mind, they threw in the towell about the third of June last year, and Softy ought to dig in his tarheels on this one, as he was right on it.

Youk, a blind hog;)

Great to have you back! Not sure how anyone votes for Obama and then goes out and buys  season tickets to watch the team that the owners make their filthy profits from. The Peoples Republics of New England are deeply disturbed.

and yet you want them to slash payroll to 100Mil to keep more money in Henrys pocket.... hypocrite.

that's about the nicest thing softy could be called.

i agree

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welcome back, Youk.

Alas, one is on the brink of a mid-summer night's dream .... a nightmare image to some minds and a dream of to be or not to be ... indeed, that is the rub.  Some are sure we look into a glass half empty and some are sure the glass is half full.

Yaz, always enjoy your philosophy.

Last year's opening series foreshadowed the outcome of the season, a walk-off loss to open up against Verlander, the Sox got two in the ninth off Valverde, but entrusted the game to Melancon, (an out and two singles), brought in Psycho III, Aceves, (HBP and a single to lose it), Beckett gave up 5 homers in five innings the next day, sox lose 10-0, game three and another walk-off loss when Alex Avila homered off Mark Melancon, lest we forget, Pyscho III alowed a 3-run bottom of the ninth homer helping to s-natch defeat from the jaws of victory.
     Of the big three, Lester did his job, but Beckett 7 runs in 4.2 innings and Buchholz 7 runs in 4 innings didn't do theirs. The offense was out homered 7-1 in three games, surprisingly the Sox lost two of those games by just 1 run each.

By the end of April the Sox were in last place at 11-11, it would be one of their best months in one of their worst seasons...no doubt, at that point the mojo was half empty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to BaddBrains's comment:

Man you sound like you is a writer for a Balltimore rag. I do lve them crabcakes down thare at Lexington seaport.  Most of youur rant went over this punk rockers bald head lol. Wish I had the schoolin that you had. I went to the burlesque row there once and had an eyeful.  Liked the old Memorial Park. You had any of Boogs ribs man?

Their BBQ Beef sandwich is increasable.  I could go back there just for that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to youkillus's comment:

Well, I've been out of the fray this winter preferring quiet contemplation to ongoing dialogue. I checked in a few times, and found that things were about the same, and I figured no need to dump my two cents into the Front Burner change bucket. With a new season about to start I am actually looking forward to the telling of what could be a very magical season. Ever since the under-respected O's of Lord Baltimore's village took their venegence on the Old Towne Team in Sept 2011, the team had been a colection of neer-do-wells and chronic over complainers. Led into battle by the archaic Mesr Valentine, what was there really to like? Thank goodness the good hearted denizens of Chavez Ravine offered an Obama-istic bailout, a bailout that ought to be hailed because it truly worked. Ridding the roster of Beckett, Gonzales and Crawford, ooh, let that simmer on the synapses just one more time and you have a non chemical induced endorphin rush!

The landscape has truly changed, our GM has become the $13M dollar man, (We can rebuild it, make it better, faster, stronger). Finding not only servicable players, but enthusiastic too, for less than the price of  a CC 45 day disaled list entry. Roaming the landscape, will be Jackie Bradley Jr, and why not? Last year's young outfielder was Ryan Sweeney, a big man with a little swing. If I find out that the same guy scouted him and Jeremy Hermida, well I'll lead the parade to his exile from Boston via the Tobin Bridge.

The AL East shapes up to be one tough circuit to ride, Toronto went all in and bailed out the nightmare in lime at Miami, and the Orioles believe in themselves even if no one else does. Showalter and Valentine demonstrates the difference a line-up filler-outer can make. The players have to make the plays, and the managers has to make them play. The Yankees are a team of broken down heroes, it's really saying something when signing Vernon Wells makes your team better. The Rays are the Rays, good pitching stops good hitting, unless your name is Evan Longoria, I vote we walk hime EVERY time.

As much as Bill has called for Iggy, he'll actually get his wish, due to a Drew with an injury, go figure, who knew? The departed Mike Aviles was swapped for a manager, what is this an independent league? Mr. Aviles was then hot-swapped to Cleveland where he'll cross paths with Terry Francona. Mike will always be known as a great athlete, well, in the Aviles family anyways.

Adrian Gonzales was supposed to be the "left-handed Manny Ramirez", but he ended up being the "left handed Jack Clark", not sure what's funnier, his long term deal or the Tony Romo extension.

I understand John Lackey has been reformed, and if he he pulls this off morphing from Hunter S. Thompson to Curt Schilling it will be more surprising then John Wayne playing Ghengis Kahn.

I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge the all knowing Moon, although He prefers a Salty-free battery, it won't be long til Saltalamachia earns his lasting respect, and I actually predict a huge man-crush. I need to add in that Softy was all over the Miami fiasco, waaaaaay beore it went down, keep in mind, they threw in the towell about the third of June last year, and Softy ought to dig in his tarheels on this one, as he was right on it.

So with just one more peace full day before the start of something big, get some rest, come October, the party celebration around here may just be bigger than the Shah's party at Persepolis.

YOUK, thats a  B I N G O , spot on !!!!     Welcome back , SON, it was a long winter, for sure !!!!!!!    Go Sox, IGGY, BRADLEY and ALL !!!

Sections
Shortcuts