Outfield 2015

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Outfield 2015

The FO has to come up big for 2015  because if this team goes into the 2015 season with an outfield of  Daniel Nava, Shane Victorino, and Jackie Bradley Jr. They might as well roll up the surrender flag because they will be in serious trouble.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Outfield 2015

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The FO has to come up big for 2015  because if this team goes into the 2015 season with an outfield of  Daniel Nava, Shane Victorino, and Jackie Bradley Jr. They might as well roll up the surrender flag because they will be in serious trouble.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I assume Betts will split time in LF with nava.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I assume Betts will split time in LF with nava.

[/QUOTE]

That is not giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling either. Not enough power or productivity from any of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Power does not win championships or long term success. Hitting, defense and pitching wins. Betts has the tools to be a guy who can hit for doubles and triples and steal some bases.

Red Sox fans are always thinking short term and for 86 years it hurt us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Victorino is in the OF for more than half the season, it will be a miracle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Kemp in left, JBJ in CF and Stanton in RF--do you feel any better; maybe as early as 8/1/14.

Gomes to KC for PTBNL.

Nava #4 OF'der.

Start working Betts out at 3 B while he's in AAA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kemp in left, JBJ in CF and Stanton in RF--do you feel any better; maybe as early as 8/1/14.

Gomes to KC for PTBNL.

Nava #4 OF'der.

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Larry pull that one off, but I seriously doubt it will happen; but if we're gonna dream let's go with KEMP, TROUT, and STANTON.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gomes to KC for PTBNL.

Nava #4 OF'der.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he has the arm for the left side.  I'd rather see him at 2nd/LF/CF....or used as a trade chip to bring in a corner outfield slugger

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This year, we have seen a number of prospects changing positions (as I have been advocating for quite sometime), and now we have over 9 players looking at the possibility of playing significant time in the OF next year.

JBJ- looks like the only reliable FT OF'er on our roster right now

Victorino- our best all around OF'er, but counting on his health is a dangerous act

Holt- looking like a fine hitter right now, but can he keep it up? Can he improve his OF defense?

Nava- hits RHPs very well, but is not a good fielder. Platooning him in LF is not a bad plan.

Betts- still raw at the plate and a newbee in the OF

Cecchini & Middy- probably only capable of playing LF and poorly at that for a while anyway. Not proven offensively either

Bogaerts- I'm not convinced he can play the OF well, but he looks too scary to put back at SS, and my hopes of him improving at 3B are all but gone.

Carp- being able to play 1B is a plus, but he certainly seems like the odd man out in the OF. Probably traded before opening day next year.

Ramos, Hassan & Brentz- counting on any of these 3 as meaningful contributors in 2015 is a big mistake.

So, in theory, we have 9-12 players that could be in our OF plans next year, but not one of them is a bonafide plus hitter, plus fielder & with a good health history. I'm fine with counting on this big group of players to fight over or platoon one OF slot, but counting on this group to fill all 3 OF positions is not a good idea. Of course, Bogey or Holt may be used at an IF position next year, but that still leaves 7 or 8 players to choose from. Trading Napoli and using Bogey, Holt, Nava or Carp at 1B is not my idea of good baseball move either. Trading Pedey and using Betts & Holt at 2B is not a good idea either.

We need a big bopper, and to me, getting one who plays OF or left side IF makes the most sense. Getting two would be ideal.

Sox4ever

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This year, we have seen a number of prospects changing positions (as I have been advocating for quite sometime), and now we have over 9 players looking at the possibility of playing significant time in the OF next year.

JBJ- looks like the only reliable FT OF'er on our roster right now

Victorino- our best all around OF'er, but counting on his health is a dangerous act

Holt- looking like a fine hitter right now, but can he keep it up? Can he improve his OF defense?

Nava- hits RHPs very well, but is not a good fielder. Platooning him in LF is not a bad plan.

Betts- still raw at the plate and a newbee in the OF

Cecchini & Middy- probably only capable of playing LF and poorly at that for a while anyway. Not proven offensively either

Bogaerts- I'm not convinced he can play the OF well, but he looks too scary to put back at SS, and my hopes of him improving at 3B are all but gone.

Carp- being able to play 1B is a plus, but he certainly seems like the odd man out in the OF. Probably traded before opening day next year.

Ramos, Hassan & Brentz- counting on any of these 3 as meaningful contributors in 2015 is a big mistake.

So, in theory, we have 9-12 players that could be in our OF plans next year, but not one of them is a bonafide plus hitter, plus fielder & with a good health history. I'm fine with counting on this big group of players to fight over or platoon one OF slot, but counting on this group to fill all 3 OF positions is not a good idea. Of course, Bogey or Holt may be used at an IF position next year, but that still leaves 7 or 8 players to choose from. Trading Napoli and using Bogey, Holt, Nava or Carp at 1B is not my idea of good baseball move either. Trading Pedey and using Betts & Holt at 2B is not a good idea either.

We need a big bopper, and to me, getting one who plays OF or left side IF makes the most sense. Getting two would be ideal.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

I am a little bit more optimistic than you Moon....but you make some good points.  think JBJ is our CF next year.....fantastic defense and he seems to finally be figuring it out at the plate.  I think Nava is a decent LF and you would be hard pressed in baseball to find a better half of a L/R platoon than Nava....a .340 hitter since the beginning of June.....so I think we have half an OF for next year with the other half of the Nava platoon coming from among your cast of characters. That leaves RF....and Victorino....I just do not think you can count on him to be healhy next year and we need POP from that position, since we will not be getting much from the OF positions. To me Stanton is the guy that changes the whole picture and we are  team that has the $ resources and prospects to make it happen. I think we make that move and OF could be a strength next year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I am a little bit more optimistic than you Moon....but you make some good points. think JBJ is our CF next year.....fantastic defense and he seems to finally be figuring it out at the plate. I think Nava is a decent LF and you would be hard pressed in baseball to find a better half of a L/R platoon than Nava....a .340 hitter since the beginning of June.....so I think we have half an OF for next year with the other half of the Nava platoon coming from among your cast of characters. That leaves RF....and Victorino....I just do not think you can count on him to be healhy next year and we need POP from that position, since we will not be getting much from the OF positions. To me Stanton is the guy that changes the whole picture and we are team that has the $ resources and prospects to make it happen. I think we make that move and OF could be a strength next year.

Singing to the choir. I've been singing Stanton praises for years.

I'm more than fine with a Nava/??? (Betts/Holt/Bogey/Middy/Cecchini) platoon in LF, JBJ in CF and Stanton in RF. We'd have to trade Vic and some other guys on the list to make room for Stanton, but that's fine with me.

Sox4ever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sheesh -- we're not even out of July and you're already complaining about 2015.

I guess it's not too early to be btchin about something.

Sections
Shortcuts