Outfield may not be complete: Cody Ross still an option, along with other outfielders.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Outfield may not be complete: Cody Ross still an option, along with other outfielders.

Red Sox are not shutting the door on a return for Cody Ross and still may acquire an other outfielder. Larry Lucchino did state also a few days ago that Jonny Gomes is a depth signing so maybe the plan is for him to come off the bench.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Outfield may not be complete: Cody Ross still an option, along with other outfielders.

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Red Sox are not shutting the door on a return for Cody Ross and still may acquire an other outfielder. Larry Lucchino did state also a few days ago that Jonny Gomes is a depth signing so maybe the plan is for him to come off the bench.

[/QUOTE]

also if they have plans of trading ellsbury (i hope they don't but if its for the good of the team then it has to happen) but yes, i think we all would be more comfortable if gomes was in a limited role with the club.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Re: Outfield may not be complete: Cody Ross still an option, along with other outfielders.

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

also if they have plans of trading ellsbury (i hope they don't but if its for the good of the team then it has to happen) but yes, i think we all would be more comfortable if gomes was in a limited role with the club.

[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree I like the pickup (little expensive for a platoon/bench player) but none the less I like the guy and his personality and what he brings to the table against lefties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree I like the pickup (little expensive for a platoon/bench player) but none the less I like the guy and his personality and what he brings to the table against lefties.

[/QUOTE]

I think Ellsbury is going to phillies for lee and we sign Hamilton.   Hamilton Victorino and platoon in left should be ok.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

In response to craig2174's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Ellsbury is going to phillies for lee and we sign Hamilton.   Hamilton Victorino and platoon in left should be ok.  

[/QUOTE]

I only would want Lee if the Phillies ate at least 8 Million dollars a year on his contract bring below 20 Million in the 16 - 18 Mililon range per year. Hamilton I'm up in the air on I'd perfer Swisher over him because he's cheaper and still brings alot to the table. I don't think we trade Ellsbury now because then that would mean we would have to pretty much bring in yet another fielder along with a Left Fielder (if Gomes is indeed on the Bench) to replace Ellsbury and that would mean Victirino (who likely would just shift to Center) would block Jackie Bradley JR. which I think the Sox don't want to do.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

Sources: #RedSox are open to idea of trading Ellsbury, playing Victorino in CF and signing C. Ross or another RF. Keeping doors open.
    Expand

Hi Zac,

Can't say for sure but like I posted several days ago I expect Ellsbury to be traded.

To date what the Sox have done lends itself to that conclusion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Yeah, Ben hope that he can get Ross or someone that can play RF so he can use Ellsbury for a trade bait.

I dont want Cliff Lee.  Boston will have to many left handed pitchers in the rotation (Lee, Lester, Doubront).....that is not good especially pitching at Fenway Park.

Maybe to make a trade to Seattle for Felix.  If Ben get Lohse, they can trade Ellsbury, Lavarnway and Doubront along with few mid-prospects for Felix!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Felix is not being traded to anyone. You can take that to the bank.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox still have plenty of money to spend and still are below the luxury tax line.  Hamilton talk with the Rangers are apparently on hold and he might take Sox offer which could be shorter temrs and massive money like 3 yrs $84M.  If Hamilton comes to Boston, then Ells is a goner by all means thou.  Then Sox could get a solid pitcher for Ells and either one of Salty and Lava.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, Ben hope that he can get Ross or someone that can play RF so he can use Ellsbury for a trade bait.

I dont want Cliff Lee.  Boston will have to many left handed pitchers in the rotation (Lee, Lester, Doubront).....that is not good especially pitching at Fenway Park.

Maybe to make a trade to Seattle for Felix.  If Ben get Lohse, they can trade Ellsbury, Lavarnway and Doubront along with few mid-prospects for Felix!!

[/QUOTE]

seattle is talking extension with Felix

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox still have plenty of money to spend and still are below the luxury tax line.  Hamilton talk with the Rangers are apparently on hold and he might take Sox offer which could be shorter temrs and massive money like 3 yrs $84M.  If Hamilton comes to Boston, then Ells is a goner by all means thou.  Then Sox could get a solid pitcher for Ells and either one of Salty and Lava.

[/QUOTE]

They will trade Ells or have a deal in place before they sign another OF'er...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Felix is not being traded to anyone. You can take that to the bank.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed and can everyone stop with the felix stuff?.. its been going on for years ... was a pipe dream when the talk started and still is...

Sections
Shortcuts