I like the way you wear that hat.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: Over/Under Ortiz Back to DL in 3 Months

Over and under for softlaw bans?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Now that Ortiz is back in the lineup it's time for the bashers to change tactics.  What a surprise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I will go out on a limb and say that Ortiz will not be back on the DL before July 22nd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I think a better bet would be at bats for the year.

Anyone on the team could go to the DL in rhe next 3 months.  It's baseball. Things happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

UNDER..........under 30 days !!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I can understand peoples concern about Papi getting injured again....he is in his late 30's....he is a big guy and he has some PED history....but there are posters on this board (you know who you are), who claim to root for the Sox, who seem to be gleefully rooting for it to happen....I suggest you switch alleginaces and root for another team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

I can understand peoples concern about Papi getting injured again....he is in his late 30's....he is a big guy and he has some PED history....but there are posters on this board (you know who you are), who claim to root for the Sox, who seem to be gleefully rooting for it to happen....I suggest you switch alleginaces and root for another team.

Enough of that talk.......  I have followed the Sox since I was old enough to remember, circa 1954ish ......... And fall all the points that you made above, I chose to look at it (HEEL) @ 37 going on 42, @ 275+LB's, possible PED HISTORY and say that the Sox should not have gone 2 years on a big contract and the Papi we knew, will not be the same Papi on the field.......  Actually, I am amazed at a good % of this board that thinks he is going to step back in & perform as the PAPI of the past....... Total POLLY-ANNA thinking, for sure !!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Enough of that talk.......  I have followed the Sox since I was old enough to remember, circa 1954ish ......... And fall all the points that you made above, I chose to look at it (HEEL) @ 37 going on 42, @ 275+LB's, possible PED HISTORY and say that the Sox should not have gone 2 years on a big contract and the Papi we knew, will not be the same Papi on the field.......  Actually, I am amazed at a good % of this board that thinks he is going to step back in & perform as the PAPI of the past....... Total POLLY-ANNA thinking, for sure !!

Thanks for the lecture, but you said he was all done, so you're already wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Moving the goalposts William? You said Papi was "DONE", Now your saying he wont be the player he once was? Sorry champ, you're already wrong about it...But hey, think of it this way, your losing streak in predictions is still intact for this year...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Ok....so as I said, I understand why people would be concerned, but why not root for the best case scenario.....how does it help the Sox to do anything other? Papi is part of the team....he isnt going anywhere...rooting against him so one can say I told you so.....is ridiculous....and self serving.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

my heart says over, my brain says under

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

well, good to see Bill has at least learned his mentor/master Softlaw's goal-post-moving tactic.  Warms the heart to see such venerable traditions passed along.

Kudos to Bill for not letting his mind-numbing, endless assertions of 'Ortiz is Done' make him feel stupid or wrong.  That is Softy Power at its finest.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

These words say it all. Punch and judy for a short stint, than back to the DL.

Noted on backup drive.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

These words say it all. Punch and judy for a short stint, than back to the DL.

Papi;s career splits below.....his taking awhile to hit with power is consistent with his career, so why make the negative assumption it has to do with his age and injury?

Split AB R H 2B 3B HR SLG OPS April/March 1091 177 294 82 4 57 0.509 0.864 May 1083 155 310 93 0 55 0.524 0.895 June 917 185 272 69 2 61 0.576 0.968 July 1043 187 320 72 5 71 0.59 0.998 August 1215 225 330 84 3 81 0.546 0.92 Sept/Oct 1198 195 342 83 2 76 0.548 0.931

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

A fairly gutless prediction that lacks the insight the OP thinks it has.

Three months from now, the season will be more than half over and roughly one quarter of all MLB players will miss time with an injury...