Over/Under Ortiz Back to DL in 3 Months

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Re: Over/Under Ortiz Back to DL in 3 Months

In response to Bill-806's comment:

UNDER..........under 30 days !!!!

You and softy are hilarious.  Ortiz is hitting up a storm, so you can only jump on the "but it won't last" bandwagon.

Both of you right now want the Sox to lose.  That 1954 claim might be true, but today you can't root for the Sox or even enjoy their early success.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Softy and Bill continue to show why the board is not what it used to be.  The negativity is simply awesome.  The Sox are in first place, a likeable group, and pitching well.  That's all that should matter.  If Papi goes back on the DL, they will  simply deal with it the best way possible and move forward.  What is the point of even debating this?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Stiffy & boy toy billy-69 rooting against yet another Sox player........

Stiffy I get.  That's his gig....   Just what he does.  Like Mr. Potter.....   Well we know what Jimmy Stewart's character said about him....

Billy-69 is just so desperate to impress his man.  :)   LOL! 

Nice to know they now are all for tolerating all relationships.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

I am more concerned with the one and two record since Ortiz has been back.  If not for Nava it would be 0 and 3.

Were you similarly hopeless when the Sox went 1-2 in the THREE GAME STRETCH after acquiring Cabrera and Mientkiewicz?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

well, good to see Bill has at least learned his mentor/master Softlaw's goal-post-moving tactic.  Warms the heart to see such venerable traditions passed along.

Kudos to Bill for not letting his mind-numbing, endless assertions of 'Ortiz is Done' make him feel stupid or wrong.  That is Softy Power at its finest.

Should I take that as a compliment ????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

well, good to see Bill has at least learned his mentor/master Softlaw's goal-post-moving tactic.  Warms the heart to see such venerable traditions passed along.

Kudos to Bill for not letting his mind-numbing, endless assertions of 'Ortiz is Done' make him feel stupid or wrong.  That is Softy Power at its finest.

Should I take that as a compliment ????

Good question.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Try enjoying the present for a change instead of lame, ego-driven attempts to predict the future. The present is a fact and the fact is Papi is contributing toward a successful team. The future is pure speculation.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Red Sox record with Papi at DH is 2-1

Red Sox record with Drew at SS is 7-3

Both are contributing toward winning baseball.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

i just heard that david has another "scheduled" night off? He must have worked those days off into his 30 million dollar contract.

lets see

rain

and do u know his numbers vs Colon?

I am guessing no seeing u know nothing about ball

Farrell is smart to sit him on a cold..rainy night. Especially where he is what..? Three days off the DL?  Ortiz does the team no good if he gets re-injured and goes back on the DL. I don't have a problem with this approach of playing him cautiously for a while. The Sox are getting ROI everytime Ortiz plays..so why not do everything in your power to make sure he plays versus going back on the DL. I really don't understand why this is so hard for some people to understand.

Plus..given the lousy pitching and the state of the game..why risk it?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

S. Drrew makes Lugo look like the greatest shortstop in MLB history. A big loss with S. Drew slugging away, tonight, and Ortiz back in the 13 million bed.

A big loss because the A's creamed Aceves, who had two balks to go with the walks and hits and then blamed the weather (a good point, but the weather didn't seem to affect Colon) and his teammates.  Not playing Ortiz last night was borderline genius.  

As for Drew, he continues to play errorless ball at SS while averaging more FC's (fielding chances) per game than Iglesias did and also being in over twice as many double plays.  He is much better at SS than Lugo with his erratic arm ever was.  His hitting stinks, but should come around.  No sin in preferring Iglesias, I hasten to add, but wrong to claim Drew is a disaster and that he can't hit.  In case you've forgotten, that concussion lingered quite a while, which severely truncated Drew's ST.   

This thread was/is a desperate attempt to deflect attention away from the fact that so far Ortiz is hitting great--granted, a very small sample size--and better than we had any right to expect.

Ortiz got that contract because he has consistently been the best hitter in the Sox lineup for literally years, including last year when his OPS was over 1000 and the rest of the team was well under 800.    He isn't just getting singles and doubles, he is smacking the ball hard on most of his at bats.  The dingers will come, but in the meantime it's also good to see him hitting to all fields.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Just imagine.......if every single poster ignored softlaw.  Lets just try it, I just did now. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Just imagine.......if every single poster ignored softlaw.  Lets just try it, I just did now. 

Best idea ever. I'm in!

Sections
Shortcuts