Over/Under Ortiz Back to DL in 3 Months

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Over/Under Ortiz Back to DL in 3 Months

Bump

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ortiz was not doing his job during the 1-2 record that started with him finally getting out of bed for the first time since last summer. His job is to hit the ball out, drive the ball deep into the gaps when he comes up with runners on, and be a 100 plus RBI's for the season. That aint happening!

Ortiz is hitting up a storm, when he's not on the bench or the DL, or legging out punch and judy hits.

Ortiz's slugging percentage will be exposed unless he goes back on the DL before his atomic sample size grows to supra-microscopic size.

I think this is my favorite.

How's that "exposure" going, Softy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What a stupid thread. The bump was well timed. Your vote for "under" forces you to put your money on that in order to be right. In other words, you now have to root against him staying healthy to have your point proven and gain credibility. This hurts the team, thereby proving that your own theories on players come far before the good of the team itself. Therefore, as some postulate, you are not a true fan of the team, you are a fan of yourself; and this thread proves it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

DAD & BILL-806 must take a knee on this one ............  May 30th has come & gone !!!!!!

As dad would say, "Son, sometimes people give you more than you expect."

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

So far Softy Law you have that one right--Ortiz is legging out many "Punch and Judy Hits" he's also legging out home run trots and several doubles and a triple.

At one time or another you have ridiculed Gomes,Carp, Dempster, Ells, Drew, ShaVic, Salty, Lackey, Hanny, among others--I am pleased that someone resurrected this post. Hopefully Ortiz and all RS contriutors make it safely through June, July, August, Sept and yes Oct without a major injury or illness.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

So far you have that one right--Ortiz is legging out many "Punch and Judy Hits" he's also legging out home run trots and several doubles and a triple.

At one time or another you have ridiculed Gomes,Carp, Dempster, Ells, Drew, ShaVic, Salty, Lackey, Hanny, among others--I am pleased that someone resurrected this post. Hopefully Ortiz and all RS contriutors make it safely through June, July, August, Sept and yes Oct without a major injury or illness.

What's the over/under on how often Softy is reporting this thread, in hopes of getting it deleted?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

DAD & BILL-806 must take a knee on this one ............  May 30th has come & gone !!!!!!

Bill, no need for either of you or Dad to take a knee here.  Speaking on behalf of the Board at large, the preferred course of action, rather than feeble acknowledgement that you were totally wrong, would be that you think twice the next time you feel the need to make arbitrary assertions as guarantees, and then repeat them ad naseum.  Just think a little deeper about the myriad of possibilities other than your own narrow view.  And by think, I do not mean parroting in simplified language what Softy asserts in his narrow view.  I mean, and i think Dad would agree with me here, baseball is full of complexity and unexpected twists.  Your penchant for making arbitrary assertions of 'fact' belies your standing as a good baseball man.  Don't take a knee.  Just listen to your baseball instinct a little more.  It won't betray you.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Voted "Sickest Thread of the Year".

Softy is praying daily that Papi gets hurt. He claimed Papi needed to rest once a week to limit the chances he gets hurt. He claimed Papi's production suffers in day after night games, then we watched Papi hit an HR in the second game of a day-nighter doubleheader.

It's nothing short of sick that softy and BILL have pinned their hopes of getting one position right this year on Papi going on the DL or losing his performance skills in a significant way.

Sick. Sick. Sick!

Sox4ever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

So far you have that one right--Ortiz is legging out many "Punch and Judy Hits" he's also legging out home run trots and several doubles and a triple.

What's the over/under on how often Softy is reporting this thread, in hopes of getting it deleted?

He reported it once, and that was continuously.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Softy seems to be avoiding this thread, "like the plague".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Haha, but I see that his OP has been deleted. Notice that? It was there just a little bit ago when I checked in on this thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Remember when Softy was correct on one of hi predictions this year?? 

Neither do I.....  What a tool.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Remember when Softy was correct on one of hi predictions this year?? 

Neither do I.....  What a tool.

He hasn't been "right" since he predicted Mauer would re-sign with the Twins. Even then, he was only half right, since he claimed he would sign for only $17-18M a year.

I think you'd have to go back to the Reagan administration to find a 100% correct position held by the village clown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Haha, but I see that his OP has been deleted. Notice that? It was there just a little bit ago when I checked in on this thread.

All of his posts are disappearing. LOL

He's reporting himself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

All the Papi bashing is beginning to wear mighty thin.  Why can't you just enjoy his offense and show a little appreciation for his continuing to be able to contribute to the team.  We all know his career is coming to an end.  What is the glory in hoping it is sooner rather than later?

Why in the world would you hope it ends with an injury?  Why this obsession with predicting his demise?  What is it about Papi you hate so much?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes already been banned today...3 times.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bump

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts