Over/Under Ortiz Back to DL in 3 Months

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Over/Under Ortiz Back to DL in 3 Months

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

It's noteworthy that Ortiz hasn't started and finished but 122 games and hasn't reached 100 RBI's or 30 HR's since 2010. Maybe another DL would have helped avoid the decline in August and September pop and help him finish the 2014 contract year. I just hope he doesn't end up like Wakefield and Varitek, but as a DH he's been nothing but a part-timer since 2012.

But, what do we want for 13MIL ???  Actually, I am very surprised that he is still on the field.....  Now, it's off to the playoffs !!   GO SOX & PAPI too !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

But, what do we want for 13MIL ???  Actually, I am very surprised that he is still on the field.....  Now, it's off to the playoffs !!   GO SOX & PAPI too !!!

How about the best DH in the game? Is that not enough?

I am not a bit surprised that you and your mentor are so far off on this.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Interesting that soflaw, now redsoxfireman, has re-entered the discussion without giving an inch. 

The fact is, Ortiz has been easily the best hitter on the Sox this year and the best DH in the AL by a wide margin.  His OPS of .952 is fifth best in MLB.  I believe his hitting benefitted greatly from watching AGon for the better part of two seasons because he saw how easy it is to hit to left field, and that has kept him viable in his late 30's--that and being a DH.  The two year contract after the 2012 season was a smart move by Ben C, who has made other smart moves to build this team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Interesting that soflaw, now redsoxfireman, has re-entered the discussion without giving an inch. 

I've said this before about softy.  He will argue in the face of fact, like a true slippery lawyer I guess.  He virtually tries to convince people that black is white and up is down.

Fortunately the only person who seems to swallow it hook, line and sinker is Bill-806. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

It's noteworthy that Ortiz hasn't started and finished but 122 games and hasn't reached 100 RBI's or 30 HR's since 2010. Maybe another DL would have helped avoid the decline in August and September pop and help him finish the 2014 contract year. I just hope he doesn't end up like Wakefield and Varitek, but as a DH he's been nothing but a part-timer since 2012.

BLAME INTERLEAGUE PLAY FOR DH DECLINING GAMES PLAYED. 

no matter what you try and type....you were 1000% wrong on ortiz.  deal with it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

yikes...Bill/Softy still trying to get this dog to hunt??Sealed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The clown advocated for a day off a week or papi would be back on the DL.

The clown said 105 games tops "or else".

The clown said Papi had "no pop".

Papi is less than a handful of HRs and XBHs away from his highest total since 2007.

Cue: moving goalposts and backtracking.

Sox4ever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Gives a whole new meaning to the word "pathetic".

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Thats slick...hasnt started and finished but 122? Why? Because he was pinch ran for in the late innings? Hes played in 130 games.

I was in favor of resting him a decent amount at the start of the year to be safe and there was no need playing him in wet, cold weather as well as on turf early on. I knew they would want to use him everyday in the 2nd half. There are no signs of papi slowing down much. Ill take this production any day of the week for 13M.

David Ortiz - april-june

64G  .317BA  .404OBP  .604SLG  1.008OPS  36BB  38K  57RBI  16HR  172b 76H 40R

David Ortiz  july-present

66G  .298BA  .382OBP  .516SLG  .898OPS   36BB  46K  39RBI  12HR  192b  75H  37R

yearly totals so far

.307BA  .393OBP  .559SLG  .952OPS   28HR  98RBI  97BB/IBB  84K  362b  151H  77R

So, I guess you could say he had a slight drop off. But even Papi's dropoff is better than most. Its not over yet either. Id say those betting against papi should just eat the crow now. Theres no denying hes been very productive throughout the season and will have played almost 140 games.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

How has he been a part player he will have played in about 139 games after missing the start of the season and having to deal with the NL rules.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

It should be noted Ortiz is a top ten player in each Triple Crown category and 4 in OPS. What more does Softy want?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

bumping up threads?  Volunteer work can really help the idle minds.

A leopard never changes it's spots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

bumping up threads?  Volunteer work can really help the idle minds.

A leopard never changes it's spots.

No, but the leopard can shoot a complete ofer on all of its prognostications and assertions regarding the 2013 Red Sox.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

ProbProIn response to jete02fan's comment:

Turn a troll over and what do find?

A troll's azz ....

No matter what, in the end, Softy is just a troll.  Bill is like the wind.  He blows, most of the time in a direction that proves nothing short of dust devils.  He can be for something, but not for long.  He can contradict himself countless times in a minute.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

ProbProIn response to jete02fan's comment:

Turn a troll over and what do find?

A troll's azz ....

No matter what, in the end, Softy is just a troll.  Bill is like the wind.  He blows, most of the time in a direction that proves nothing short of dust devils.  He can be for something, but not for long.  He can contradict himself countless times in a minute.

How is what you are doing now not trolling?  The thread is dead, and you keep bumping it up.  Even the day after the sox have won their first division title in several years, you would rather poke fun at someone and a thread which has been dead for months.  You are guilty of the same thing which you accuse others of doing.

Me?  Trolling?

Hmm.

Ok .... I'm a troll.  But at least I'm a troll FOR THE BOSTON RED SOX, NO MATTER WHAT, NO MATTER WHEN, WIN LOSE, DRAW ...   I have been a Big Papi supporter without one word of negativity for him, even when he was injured and coming back from the harshest times.

But you're wrong about me bumping it back up, Papi what ever you say you are.  I just posted this morning on it, which meant it was already on the front page and fairly close to the top.

But I'll be glad to be called a Red Sox troll.  Not a problem.  I fuss against Red Sox detractors whether they are Yanqui', Rays', Jays' or anyone elses fans.   AND I GET REALLY SNIPPY WITH SUPPOSED RED SOX FANS THAT ARE ALWAYS KNOCKING THE RED SOX.  I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY DON'T LIKE SUPPOSED RED SOX FANS THAT JUST WHINE AND WHIMPER.

Trollish enough for you?

I hope so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

jackbu hammered Ortiz for months now he picks BigPapiforever as his new identity. Clown

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

The clown advocated for a day off a week or papi would be back on the DL.

The clown said 105 games tops "or else".

The clown said Papi had "no pop".

Papi is less than a handful of HRs and XBHs away from his highest total since 2007.

Cue: moving goalposts and backtracking.

Sox4ever

Softy has advanced beyond moving the goalposts.  Now he dynamites them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

The fact is, Ortiz has been easily the best hitter on the Sox this year and the best DH in the AL by a wide margin.  His OPS of .952 is fifth best in MLB.  I believe his hitting benefitted greatly from watching AGon for the better part of two seasons because he saw how easy it is to hit to left field, and that has kept him viable in his late 30's--that and being a DH.  The two year contract after the 2012 season was a smart move by Ben C, who has made other smart moves to build this team. 

Papi said in 2011 that him and A-gon have been working on his swing and his approach against left handers.. since then he has MASSACRED the shift and been one of the best hitters in baseball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

It should be noted Ortiz is a top ten player in each Triple Crown category and 4 in OPS. What more does Softy want?

Fourth in OPS? Big deal. If it were a nine-man starting lineup, that would mean 1/3 of the hitters have a higher OPS. That's nearly half.

Undecided Innocent Tongue Out Wink Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Over obviously. This thread should be bronzed now.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to 17Again's comment:

anyone who uses the name Yaz has to be ok and could never be a troll.  But it does seem you have an obsession with Bill.

Jackbu the man of many names

Sections
Shortcuts