Over/Under Ortiz Back to DL in 3 Months

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Over/Under Ortiz Back to DL in 3 Months

In response to 2013soxchamps's comment:

In response to 17Again's comment:

anyone who uses the name Yaz has to be ok and could never be a troll.  But it does seem you have an obsession with Bill.

Jackbu the man of many names

Why not focus on baseball rather than trying to determine who is or is not Jackbu?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to 2013soxchamps's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to 17Again's comment:

anyone who uses the name Yaz has to be ok and could never be a troll.  But it does seem you have an obsession with Bill.

Jackbu the man of many names

Why not focus on baseball rather than trying to determine who is or is not Jackbu?

[/QUOTE]

why not just focus on baseball instead of telling other posters what they should focus on?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just for the record,  SOFTY is/has been very misunderstood on this board.......  He (Softy) has such a good basball mind and has been such a good Red Sox fan......  I & others miss him greatly........  Im sure that he is thrilled that the Sox won the division........   Lets get Softy back soooon !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Just for the record,  SOFTY is/has been very misunderstood on this board.......  He (Softy) has such a good basball mind and has been such a good Red Sox fan......  I & others miss him greatly........  Im sure that he is thrilled that the Sox won the division........   Lets get Softy back soooon !!!

WRONG BOZO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I hope the heel holds up for the playoffs !!!!    D H does not concern me as  J F has other options at that position.....  Speed, defense & pitching is what is needed for the playoffs !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I hope the heel holds up for the playoffs !!!!    D H does not concern me as  J F has other options at that position.....  Speed, defense & pitching is what is needed for the playoffs !!!

Yeah, they didn't even need Ortiz's bat in 2004!  Thery didn't need all those walkoff hits and big home runs at all!

Great thinking again Bill!  You really know your baseball!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah, they didn't even need Ortiz's bat in 2004!  Thery didn't need all those walkoff hits and big home runs at all!

[/QUOTE]

as dad would say "son, that kid needs to wear a helmet and ride on the short bus"

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

Did Bill mention anything about 2004?  I think everyone agrees that having Ortiz on the sox for 04 and 07 was a piece of the puzzle which never could be removed.

Bill is most likely trying to start a debate on this current year and if Ortiz wasn't on the team, would the sox still be in the playoffs?

Read exactly what Bill said.  He's saying that Ortiz isn't that important for the playoffs because speed, pitching and defence are more important than hitting.

History shows that hitting is actually pretty important too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Did Bill mention anything about 2004?  I think everyone agrees that having Ortiz on the sox for 04 and 07 was a piece of the puzzle which never could be removed.

Bill is most likely trying to start a debate on this current year and if Ortiz wasn't on the team, would the sox still be in the playoffs?

Read exactly what Bill said.  He's saying that Ortiz isn't that important for the playoffs because speed, pitching and defence are more important than hitting.

Yes it is,  but after you hit the ball then you must ruuuun with speed and stay out of the double plays.......   I guess what I am saying, in the playoffs teams need to play the "complete game"....   At the end of day, small ball figures in.....   Just saying.... >OPINION  !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yes it is,  but after you hit the ball then you must ruuuun with speed and stay out of the double plays.......   I guess what I am saying, in the playoffs teams need to play the "complete game"....   At the end of day, small ball figures in.....   Just saying.... >OPINION  !![/QUOTE]

So like I thought, you completely missed Ortiz's bat carrying us to a championship in 2004.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oooooooo......bill's got a new 'squeeze'!!!!!  Go Bill you Lib!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

jackbu is that you?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It amazed my how Papi used to run the bases back in 2004 and 2007. I wish he was that same barn-burned now.

Sox4ever

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Yes it is,  but after you hit the ball then you must ruuuun with speed and stay out of the double plays.......   I guess what I am saying, in the playoffs teams need to play the "complete game"....   At the end of day, small ball figures in.....   Just saying.... >OPINION  !!

So like I thought, you completely missed Ortiz's bat carrying us to a championship in 2004.

[/QUOTE]2004 ????  soooooo long ago !!!!  Lets get on the same page ???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

You need help.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

my heart says over, my brain says under

These words say it all. Punch and judy for a short stint, than back to the DL.

Sox4ever

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ortiz was not doing his job during the 1-2 record that started with him finally getting out of bed for the first time since last summer. His job is to hit the ball out, drive the ball deep into the gaps when he comes up with runners on, and be a 100 plus RBI's for the season. That aint happening!

Ortiz is hitting up a storm, when he's not on the bench or the DL, or legging out punch and judy hits.

Ortiz's slugging percentage will be exposed unless he goes back on the DL before his atomic sample size grows to supra-microscopic size.

Sox4ever

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

It should be noted Ortiz is a top ten player in each Triple Crown category and 4 in OPS. What more does Softy want?

His retirement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yup.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]   Yes it is,  but after you hit the ball then you must ruuuun with speed and stay out of the double plays.......   I guess what I am saying, in the playoffs teams need to play the "complete game"....   At the end of day, small ball figures in.....   Just saying.... >OPINION  !!

[/QUOTE]

Right.

Who needs Ortiz clogging up the bases...?

Sections
Shortcuts