Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox

This team is so unlikable, uninspriring, etc, it's painful. They have over $50M worth of contracts of garbage (Beckett, Lackey, Crawford).

They will find a way to say that games are still sold out, even though there are still plenty of tickets for April and May Games.

I'll take a poll: 
    Do you want to spend your hard earned money to see this team? They won't win 86 games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox

Yeah I wish it were 1981 or 1992 again, man those were the days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

LOL... I still like them !!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Yeah,I hate rooting for them now that they're competitive every year.I wish they'd go back to the days of playing .500 baseball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I wish it were 1981 or 1992 again, man those were the days.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

ahhhhhhh, the good ol' days ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Buddy, Ms. Yawkey, and they Hay man. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox : ahhhhhhh, the good ol' days ...
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah. Bring back the Haywood and Buddy show.

Love 'em or hate 'em, win or lose, they're still my team and I won't bail on them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]This team is so unlikable, uninspriring, etc, it's painful. They have over $50M worth of contracts of garbage (Beckett, Lackey, Crawford). They will find a way to say that games are still sold out, even though there are still plenty of tickets for April and May Games. I'll take a poll:  Do you want to spend your hard earned money to see this team? They won't win 86 games.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

So don't watch.  Don't waste time posting on a Red Sox message board.

To quote Charlie Sheen's character in Ferris Bueller's Day Off  "Your problem is you."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNPats76. Show SoxNPats76's posts

Nothing unlikeable about this team. It's your team, support them. Living just north of Indianapolis, don't be like a Colts fan and quit on your team..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Oh, the uninformed.

Beckett was a Cy Young Candidate last year.
    Lackey played last year with an arm that needed Tommy John Surgery.

Last year, they were a SP pitcher away from the post season.

The reason they don't have starting pitching depth is because they traded away all of their depth to get AGon.

They've made some bad moves (IMO) this year, but you can't blame this team on bad signings from off seasons 2 or 3 years ago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coopster. Show coopster's posts

In Response to Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]This team is so unlikable, uninspriring, etc, it's painful. They have over $50M worth of contracts of garbage (Beckett, Lackey, Crawford). They will find a way to say that games are still sold out, even though there are still plenty of tickets for April and May Games. I'll take a poll:  Do you want to spend your hard earned money to see this team? They won't win 86 games.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you.    They have lousy starting pitching,  lousy bullpen, no clutch hitting at all (besides Pedroia),  etc....  I believe they are the worst team in the AL East.    And they're hamstrung with big contracts, so they can't do much to fix anything.   

I feel bad for Bobby V. .  He has crap to work with.      

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox : I totally agree with you.    They have lousy starting pitching,  lousy bullpen, no clutch hitting at all (besides Pedroia),  etc....  I believe they are the worst team in the AL East.    And they're hamstrung with big contracts, so they can't do much to fix anything.    I feel bad for Bobby V. .  He has crap to work with.      
    Posted by coopster[/QUOTE]

The Coopstah.  Calling it like he/she sees it in post 1.  Welcome aboard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I think what makes them "unlikeable" to most people right now is because they are 1-3.

Personally I think many players on the 1986 team were "unlikeable." I never cared for Boggs, Clemens, Baylor and Rice. I really liked Marty Barrett and Evans, though.

I would say that Beckett's attitude makes him unlikeable. The gy just doesn't seem interested in being a fan favorite. Ortiz and Pedroia can't help being fan favorites as they have been overachievers most of their careers.

Every team is going to have "unlikeable" players. From my experience, I will tell you....winning would change all that in a big hurry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox : I totally agree with you.    They have lousy starting pitching,  lousy bullpen, no clutch hitting at all (besides Pedroia),  etc....  I believe they are the worst team in the AL East.    And they're hamstrung with big contracts, so they can't do much to fix anything.    I feel bad for Bobby V. .  He has crap to work with.      
    Posted by coopster[/QUOTE]

Of the 5 starters so far only the highest paid one has been "lousy."

Doubront was surprisingly good, Bard was decent ( we are talking #5 starter)he got in trouble with his pitch count. Lester was great, and I expect better from Buchholz as he returns to form after an injury-plagued year.

You need to seriously look around the league before labeling this rotation as "lousy." I'll admit we've had better, but there are some much worse rotations in baseball these days. I'd say they are adequate, at worst, but "lousy" is not a term I would use.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I wish it were 1981 or 1992 again, man those were the days.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Well 1981 anyway because at least I could see Yaz play. And Ralph Houk to me was the best manager the Sox had in my lifetime after Francona. (I even put him ahead of Dick Williams because Houk was a classy guy -- old school, no nonsense but still treated players with respect.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox : ahhhhhhh, the good ol' days ...

When I moved to Winter Haven -- it was right after the Sox had left -- I met a couple of people who dealth with Jean Yawkey in trying to keep the Sox in town. If their stories were true -- what a petty, miserable btch.

That's why a lot of the criticsim of the Henry group is ridiculous IMO.
    That ownership group -- Jean Yawkey with Sullivan and Jean Yawkey with Harrington -- now that's bad ownership.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

I don't find them any more unlikeable than in previous years. And no less I might add.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox : When I moved to Winter Haven -- it was right after the Sox had left -- I met a couple of people who dealth with Jean Yawkey in trying to keep the Sox in town. If their stories were true -- what a petty, miserable btch. That's why a lot of the criticsim of the Henry group is ridiculous IMO. That ownership group -- Jean Yawkey with Sullivan and Jean Yawkey with Harrington -- now that's bad ownership.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Hey roy, do you still live in winter haven?  my father and i stayed in a motel there on our recent spring training road trip.  the Ranch House Inn & Suites.  My my.  That was a nightmare.  But there were some real pretty parts of Winter Haven.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ownership and the Unlikable 2012 Red Sox : Hey roy, do you still live in winter haven?  my father and i stayed in a motel there on our recent spring training road trip.  the Ranch House Inn & Suites.  My my.  That was a nightmare.  But there were some real pretty parts of Winter Haven.

Yeah, I work in Lakeland and live on the west side of Winter Haven. It's OK. I like big cities better and would love to move back to New England if I could find the right job in my profession. But I have easy access to a lot of back roads to do my biking, which is nice, and I'm close to Orlando, Tampa, YBor City and Disney Complex, so there's a lot to do.

Winter Haven and Central Florida is a lot different in 2012 than it was when the Sox were in town

And remember the Orange Dome near Chain of Lakes Park? It was demolished a month or two ago, and the complex will be next. The city is redevoping that area and putting in an upscale shopping center. I hate it. I wish they would have gotten another team after the Indians left. I always like that park.