oy!...shades of 2006

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

oy!...shades of 2006

GM all, while i certainly don't want to jinx it, this season right now for the Yanks is taking on a similar vein of the Sox' 06 season..started the season playing well,near the top of the division,going into June...then the injuries crept in..like 06, started as trickle with a guy going out here and there, then seemingly in twos and threes...i remember how well the Sox were also playing going into that month,i know the I-bug is always out there for every team, just hoping ours doesn't reach the mass wave that befell the Sox that year...winning while healthy is tough enough...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: oy!...shades of 2006

Jete, I hope not either. I still remember the injury bug hitting the Sox laast season especially with your core players. I do love the rivalry coming down to the end of the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"Yankee fans come out with your hands in the air, surrender to us now." RS Nation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

We've got you surrounded..
    Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

try a leave of absence.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Sorry rito' and southpaw, you're just gonna to have to come in after us..Yell...better bring Sherriff R with ya!...Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Well, jete, as least we don't have to talk you back from the ledge.

Bump in the road, this is. Your namesake will reach 3,000 hits this season, though perhaps not at the Stadium.  And he will get into the HOF.  On the first ballot. No discussion of which hat to wear for the ceremony, either.

It's all good. Better than most, in fact.

Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to oy!...shades of 2006:
    [QUOTE]GM all, while i certainly don't want to jinx it, this season right now for the Yanks is taking on a similar vein of the Sox' 06 season..started the season playing well,near the top of the division,going into June...then the injuries crept in..like 06, started as trickle with a guy going out here and there, then seemingly in twos and threes...i remember how well the Sox were also playing going into that month,i know the I-bug is always out there for every team, just hoping ours doesn't reach the mass wave that befell the Sox that year...winning while healthy is tough enough...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I do not trust this OP at all.  If this isn't some kind of double-secret, juju-reversing hex attempt, i do not know what is.  I thought you were above secret, double-speak voodoo Jete.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: oy!...shades of 2006:
    [QUOTE]In Response to oy!...shades of 2006 : I do not trust this OP at all.  If this isn't some kind of double-secret, juju-reversing hex attempt, i do not know what is.  I thought you were above secret, double-speak voodoo Jete.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]hey Space, here's my business card..Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Actually, the Sox were pretty competitive until that five game series at Fenway in August in which the Yankees took all five games.  Manny Ramirez was hitting like a house afire, but it made no difference because the Sox pitching staff was useless.  The season basically ended that weekend. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

oh but to be a fly on the wall of hank steinbrennnnnnah's office right now!!!

hey jetes, isn't that the boogyman????? one of my all time fav's......how the man ate worms is beyound me....lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: oy!...shades of 2006:
    [QUOTE]Actually, the Sox were pretty competitive until that five game series at Fenway in August in which the Yankees took all five games.  Manny Ramirez was hitting like a house afire, but it made no difference because the Sox pitching staff was useless.  The season basically ended that weekend. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

ahhhh, the good ol' Boston Massacre.  That series holds a place with Dent and Boone games in Spaceman's Least Favorite Moments in Sox-Yanks Rivalry.  Miserable.