Ozzie apologizes for what???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Ozzie apologizes for what???

I guess it's not safe for a manager to speak highly of Fidel in the rabidly right-wing politcal climate of anti-castro Cuban Miami....Have there been human rights abuses in Cuba durning his tenure.  Of course.  But people forget that US policymakers had been trying to assasinate, overthrow and otherwise terminate this man for decades...People also forget that Cuba was a mob-run sewer under Batista where poverty, prostitution and malnutrition were rampant....Because of Castro, the US failed to keep Cuba safe for the American mafia, and many paid the price....I give Guillen credit for leaving his team to return to Miami and "apologizing" so the political firestorm can be put out...But the repressive censorship at work here is sad...Never dare challenge the dominant culture where Castro is demonized for lifting his people out of an economic abyss, and surviving despite a crippling US embargo for years....
         A manager should be able to at least express a political opinion without being vilified and threatened with the loss of his job....It is a shame Ozzie has to lower himself to the level of bowing to the right-wing in Miami, but that is where we are today in the land of the free....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Ozzie apologizes for what???

It says something about a country when people are dying to leave, and they are forbidden to go. Castro is hated for a reason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Re: Ozzie apologizes for what???": [QUOTE]It says something about a country when people are dying to leave, and they are forbidden to go. Castro is hated for a reason. Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE] I don't think any would argue that Castro is a good person.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Ozzie apologizes for what???:
    [QUOTE]I guess it's not safe for a manager to speak highly of Fidel in the rabidly right-wing politcal climate of anti-castro Cuban Miami....Have there been human rights abuses in Cuba durning his tenure.  Of course.  But people forget that US policymakers had been trying to assasinate, overthrow and otherwise terminate this man for decades...People also forget that Cuba was a mob-run sewer under Batista where poverty, prostitution and malnutrition were rampant....Because of Castro, the US failed to keep Cuba safe for the American mafia, and many paid the price....I give Guillen credit for leaving his team to return to Miami and "apologizing" so the political firestorm can be put out...But the repressive censorship at work here is sad...Never dare challenge the dominant culture where Castro is demonized for lifting his people out of an economic abyss, and surviving despite a crippling US embargo for years....      A manager should be able to at least express a political opinion without being vilified and threatened with the loss of his job....It is a shame Ozzie has to lower himself to the level of bowing to the right-wing im Miami, but that is where we are today in the land of the free....
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]Is that why Ozzie is taking all this heat? I guess I should have known when Bill-806 and hankwilliamsjr weighed in on the topic. I try to stay away from politics on this baseball board, but when politics intrudes on baseball I guess one has to weigh in. I say let Ozzie speak his mind, but then again Teilhardian, I would guess you probably know my politics from my signature. You're the only one who knew who it was here without being told. That doesn't call off our bet. You are a Yanquis fan after all. Laughing But our country really seems to be flying on only one wing right now (the right one) and I stole that from Bloom County before you call me on it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Trust me I am the Biggest free speech guy around.....he should apologize tho. He made pro Castro remarks in a heavy Cuban town. I dont have a problem because no one is forcing him to apologize. No one is yanking sponsorship or boycotting, he wont be fired, no dumb special interest group is going way overboard and demanding an apology without a discussion (if any of those things happened I would have a problem). He should apologize because its the right thing and he hurt a lot of people's feelings who liked him as the manager 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ozzie apologizes for what??? : Is that why Ozzie is taking all this heat? I guess I should have known when Bill-806 and hankwilliamsjr weighed in on the topic. I try to stay away from politics on this baseball board, but when politics intrudes on baseball I guess one has to weigh in. I say let Ozzie speak his mind, but then again Teilhardian, I would guess you probably know my politics from my signature. You're the only one who knew who it was here without being told. That doesn't call off our bet. You are a Yanquis fan after all. But our country really seems to be flying on only one wing right now (the right one) and I stole that from Bloom County before you call me on it.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    You have to be pretty extreme left to admire a murderer like Castro. That goes beyond politics to the area of human decency.  As for as your signature, I find it offensive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Ozzie apologizes for what???": I don't think any would argue that Castro is a good person.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]
    Stick around for awhile. You will find a few left wing loons on here who actually admire a murderer like Castro.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : You have to be pretty extreme left to admire a murderer like Castro. That goes beyond politics to the area of human decency.  As for as your signature, I find it offensive.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]Thank you, my signature is meant to be offensive. Especially to reactionary fascists. And that's the last thing I'll say about politics on this forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : You have to be pretty extreme left to admire a murderer like Castro. That goes beyond politics to the area of human decency.  As for as your signature, I find it offensive.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Do you come from a long line of kings?? are you a clergyman?? Are you entrails and feel you are not meant for strangling??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

For some reason, millions in Latin America view Castro as a latter day Simon Bolivar...Funny that...Apparently, they have all been brainwashed in the School of Left Wing Loons also...Try reading and studying history before demonizing someone....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : Thank you, my signature is meant to be offensive. Especially to reactionary fascists. And that's the last thing I'll say about politics on this forum.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    I hope so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : Are you an idiot? A communist? A dirt bag ?
    Nice....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : Are you an idiot? A communist? A dirt bag ?
    Now im offended

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Latin American average points scored by fourth graders in UNESCO tests:
    1) Cuba 350 Literacy/352 Math
    2) Chile 287 Literacy/268 Math
    3) Argentina 280 Lit/270 Math
    4) Brazil 277 Literacy/270 Math
    13 country avg: 250 Lit/250 Math

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

also i was joking and now see (as I sometimes fail to) that text can not convey context and inflection

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Newsflash:

It's not easy for Mexicans and other Latin Americansto leave their country either (for a better one).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

If I had to pick tho id probably pick...................Dirt Bag. Bags of dirt have many uses and aplications in life and I feel I am the same way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]Latin American average points scored by fourth graders in UNESCO tests: 1) Cuba 350 Literacy/352 Math 2) Chile 287 Literacy/268 Math 3) Argentina 280 Lit/270 Math 4) Brazil 277 Literacy/270 Math 13 country avg: 250 Lit/250 Math
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, moon...I was impressed by that Teilhard course you took at Notre Dame...Not sure if you saw the response to your post, but I wondered aloud if you remember the professor's name, and how sympathetic he was to Chardin...Anyway, thanks again...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : If I had to pick tho id probably pick...................Dirt Bag. Bags of dirt have many uses and aplications in life and I feel I am the same way.
    Posted by RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks[/QUOTE]Never apologize for being correct.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Am I actually reading the thoughts of men who were never in Cuba...

...is an over-statement. Your opinion is merely irrelevant.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : Never apologize for being correct.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    BTW, Carnie....Your Red Sox are making me nervous with that 9th inning win...Why could they just not go quietly into that good night....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Though I disagree with what Guillen said, I believe he should only apologize if he is truly sorry for saying it. None of this "I'm sorry to those who were offended" nonsense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

[QUOTE]Though I disagree with what Guillen said, I believe he should only apologize if he is truly sorry for saying it. None of this "I'm sorry to those who were offended" nonsense.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    chea chea chea....thats Bro for "I agree"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Freedom to choose who I read is wonderful!

Posts from LloydDobler are hidden

Posts from teilhardian are hidden

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ozzie apologizes for what??? : BTW, Carnie....Your Red Sox are making me nervous with that 9th inning win...Why could they just not go quietly into that good night....
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]You know, just cause you cheer for the bad guys doesn't mean you can't be a good guy. didn't the Yanks win tonight too?

Sections
Shortcuts