Padilla?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Padilla?

Pitching in the 8th inning of a one run game?

Thought he was gonna be the mop man.

Without Bard in the Bullpen, paps gone, and bailey on the DL. I expect many more bullpen lapses to come.

Good to see Sweeney had a nice game. Hope he can keep his spot when Crawford returns, and Mcdonald is DFA'd.

Sox Offense should keep them in contention til they can trade for a reliever or get Bailey back, I hope.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Padilla?

ya i was thinking the same thing, not sure why they went to him. That should have been aceves or melancon pitching in the spot. the pen is clearly a mess with no acual closer. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Yeah that was a curious decision. Considering they have tomorrow off so if need be Aceves could've gone 2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Padilla?:
    [QUOTE]ya i was thinking the same thing, not sure why they went to him. That should have been aceves or melancon pitching in the spot. the pen is clearly a mess with no acual closer. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Aceves has never closed before.. who knows how he'll do.  Seems like the Sox are banking on Melancon who was an average closer on the worst team in baseball to be a decent setup man. Other than that theres really no one in the bull pen that's good enough to pitch in big situations. Sure hope Melancon and Aceves pan out. 

Would personally like to see Bard shipped back to the bull pen, regardless of whether or not it hurts his feelings lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

BP by committee is not a great idea.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

All valid thoughts.  But, given that the plan was that all roads lead to Bailey before a few days ago, I would think it normal to see this process of sorting out the new bp structure out.  you can't just draw it up in the abstract.  have to try new things since everything you try is new.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Padilla and "mop up" go together naturally.

he will outsweat ANYONE!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We should remane all our relievers Linda Lovelace.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I dunno.  I shuddered instinctively when I saw Padilla jog in.  But, I can understand the move:  in the vacuum created by Bailey's injury, guys need to find a slot.  Padilla is certainly a candidate, given the roster, to be a bridge/set-up guy in the New Pen Order.  But he is, in more than one way, a wild card.  So, why not throw him into a high leverage situation straight away and see if he sinks or swims.  It is the only way Bobby V can begin to answer the question of how to reshape the pen on the fly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Padilla had a good season last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I don't see Padilla lasting long with the Sox.  It would have been nice to have Cook last night when we needed a ground ball double play.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Padilla throws in the mid nineties.  He'll find a role on this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to Re: Padilla?:
    [QUOTE]ya i was thinking the same thing, not sure why they went to him. That should have been aceves or melancon pitching in the spot. the pen is clearly a mess with no acual closer. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]
    Melancon or Padilla either one cannot do much to help in a game. Padilla tries but Melancon seems like he is out to lunch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

Cook would be better than either Melancon or Padilla. Not much to offer from Albers either. Bowden needs to step it up. He looked good in spring training so let's hope for the best. I did read about Ben Cherington thinking about getting Alex Wilson ready or shopping for a pitcher. Kind of late to be doing this now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The only role Padilla played on any team was headhunter.  Can't see the Sox using this guy in the pen.  I would rather they bring up someone from the minors instead of this guy.

Sections
Shortcuts