Papelbon to the Yankees?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Papelbon to the Yankees?

Could the Yankees have an interest in Jonathon Papelbon because Rivera is signed to one more year. Then they could have him takeover for Rivera when he sails off into the sunset of Panama with all his tax free money living in Panama.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

Re: Papelbon to the Yankees?

so pap would be the 6th inning guy for NY?  His ego couldn't take not being the center of attention.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

In Response to Re: Papelbon to the Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]Probably a smart move by a team with the resources to do it. Then you have potentially 3 closers for one year along with Robertson; awesome, shutdown pen. Yes I think it would be a smart move. I think Boston, Arlington, St.Louis or Philly would be his kind of towns.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Philly is done with Brad Lidge.    If they don't re-sign Ryan Madson then Papelbon will be highest on their list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Probably a smart move by a team with the resources to do it. Then you have potentially 3 closers for one year along with Robertson; awesome, shutdown pen.
    Yes I think it would be a smart move.
    I think Boston, Arlington, St.Louis or Philly would be his kind of towns.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Soriano did not opt out of that disasterous contract   - no way, no how, no reason to sign Paps in NY. If Sox don't resign Pap's, they will regret it.

Personally, I am hoping he goes to the N.L.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Papelbon to the Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]Could the Yankees have an interest in Jonathon Papelbon because Rivera is signed to one more year. Then they could have him takeover for Rivera when he sails off into the sunset of Panama with all his tax free money living in Panama.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

He would never do it, and then the Yankees would have over $40M committed to the 7th-9th inning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]Soriano did not opt out of that disasterous contract   - no way, no how, no reason to sign Paps in NY. If Sox don't resign Pap's, they will regret it. Personally, I am hoping he goes to the N.L.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Hey Jesse,
    I don't see it that way. Bard will be more than an adequate closer. I'm a proponant of letting Papelbon walk and using the moneys to bolster the rotation...Appreciated all he's done for the Sox, but he's no MO....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I knew it wouldn't take long for the" Paps to the Yanks" posts to start. I personally hope he stays but I doubt there will be any home town discounts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Sox will get the chance to see what life is like without Paps...he will get a lot of interest and offers on the FA market from teams willing to pay what he wants to close. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why the world Texas and St. Louis want Paps if they already have a young closer. The closer for the cardinals throw like 97 mph and was the pitcher that got the final out of the world series!!  Cardinals will focus on Pujols and Texas would more likely to buy pitching such as to try to resign Wilson or go after Sabathia if he opt out.

I think the teams that would go after Papelbon is Angels, LAD, Boston, Philly, and Cubs.  Who know maybe the Mets too. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I don't know BT - IMO, Paps is an elite closer who is a difference maker. Prior to the 2009 post season, he had a 0.00 ERA. He had one bad inning and so it went.

Personally, as a Yankee fan, I drool over the prospect of Boston having Bard as the closer. Bard = Chamberlain and trust me, I never want to see Joba in that role. Yeah - he will succeed, but he will never intimidate and teams will always think they can get to him.

I am just grateful that Mo is no human and that we have Robertson come the day Mo just doesn't want to pitch anymore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

As a NYY fan, THERE'S NO WAY I would want him in the Bronx.

We already have Joba to deal with (Fixing)....

With your season on the LINE, failing against BALTIMORE --NO EXCUSE FOR THAT. HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE 'GOOD'??

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!

and he's an A.....Hole. NO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Rivera is never going to retire pitching like he is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

no chance, they have Rivera, Robertson, Soriano and now you think they will pay for Pap?? no chance!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Yanks have other needs   not another  closer  need.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Soriano did not opt out of that disasterous contract   - no way, no how, no reason to sign Paps in NY. If Sox don't resign Pap's, they will regret it. Personally, I am hoping he goes to the N.L.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that resigning Papelbon should be a top priority for the Red Sox.  I would be very disappointed if he leaves, but it is definitely a possibility that this happens.   I would imagine that many teams might have a desire to sign him, but not all are willing to pay him the money that he wants.  Although, I could see the Phillies or Rangers sign him. 

Sections
Shortcuts