Papelmouth is at it again.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Papelmouth is at it again.....

Haha, yeah, "changes from the top down". Who does he think he is? His choice to go there has been a competitive disaster for him personally. The team has done nothing, and his skills are slowly eroding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Thanks for the laugh.  The guy leaves the sox for the big bucks and now he is complaining because he doesn't like to lose. I'm sure cashing his checks gives him some comfort.  The guy is too much!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Papelbon is a reporters dream when he comments on anything.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Lets face it: most athletes are not Rhodes Scholars. Given the chance most of them are perfectly capable of putting their foot in their mouth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Lets face it: most athletes are not Rhodes Scholars. Given the chance most of them are perfectly capable of putting their foot in their mouth.

Some are better than others, pap seems to have it down to a science!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

That's why I love when they do comment something. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Let's ignore the fact that he might be right.  They should've been the ones approaching the LAD last year.  Howard is an albatross of a contract.  And there is not reason no to haved moved Ruis, Young, and Young already.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

What did he say that was so wrong. Would you want to work for a business that was losing money and people year after year with no apparent plan to get better?

He said nothing wrong. He does not wish to be there if the losing continues and if he is not part of their plan. What is wrong with that?

Funny how having an opinion makes you stupid in the eyes of those who do not disagree.

Even the writer said they should have gone to LAD to rid themselves of Howard.

OMG Paps has an opinion what an idiot.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

What did he say that was so wrong. Would you want to work for a business that was losing money and people year after year with no apparent plan to get better?

He said nothing wrong. He does not wish to be there if the losing continues and if he is not part of their plan. What is wrong with that?

Funny how having an opinion makes you stupid in the eyes of those who do not disagree.

I agree with you. Any athlete who is a winner doesnt want to be on a losing team that is obviously going nowhere especially if his name is being floated out there that he could be traded.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

There is nothing wrong with his opinion.  He's entitled to it and he is probably right.  What I disagree with is his stating this opinion publicly. 

IMO, he is more or less calling out his employer, his bosses, and his teammates.  Papelbon has not been flawless in his play on the field.  This is not something he should be stating to the media.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He is a guy who clearly wants to be traded. He hates losing, something that he didn't sign up for when he signed with the Phillies. What makes things worse is that he is GM thinks the team as is can be in it next year, so will only trade pending FA.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Sorry Jon ... hahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahaahahah .... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

He is a guy who clearly wants to be traded. He hates losing, something that he didn't sign up for when he signed with the Phillies. What makes things worse is that he is GM thinks the team as is can be in it next year, so will only trade pending FA.

You are probably right.  I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he is traded. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

If the Phillies re-structured from the top down, why would they hold onto a $13M / year closer with an 80% save conversion rate?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I agree with you...

Heaven forbid if a player say something which isn't totally canned.

It seems that while he was here, he was idolized.  The second he goes elsewhere, he's an idiot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Just because a reporter asks a question, doesn't mean it has to be answered.  Some guys just need to keep their ideas to themselves.

If at first you don't succeed, try and tick everyone else off.  If that doesn't work, blame it on the dog.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I really dont care what he says about the Phillies.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

u don't sound like someone 'enjoying the ride' dude. More like 'angry at the ride' ... like waiting in line too long at SpaceMountain.

Conan is this you????

Come on T I do believe you are bigger than these one line posts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The problem with paps or anyone of their players getting traded is Amero's price is unbelieveably sky high and he refused to eat any of the contract.

The Phills are getting a 5 billion dollar tv deal and can afford all their contracts. My guess is they will keep most of their players. maybe Young will go if the asking price isnt too high.

Paps statement is true, but he needs to shut his pie hole when talking to the media about certain things. This is what most fans here didnt like about him. You shouldnt call out ownership and the front office people.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

There is nothing wrong with his opinion.  He's entitled to it and he is probably right.  What I disagree with is his stating this opinion publicly. 

IMO, he is more or less calling out his employer, his bosses, and his teammates.  Papelbon has not been flawless in his play on the field.  This is not something he should be stating to the media.

But its ok for his employer to let it be known that he is available?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Thats exactly the point. He is probably right and there is certainly nothing wrong with wanting to be on a winning club. What is misguided is mouthing off to the media, something Papelmouth is adept at. Breidy missed the point of the thread. If you are unhappy with your circumstances as a professional baseball player, meet with the GM and tell HIM that. The fans don't need to hear it.

I missed the point?  I don't recall Paps discussing his circumstances being part of your title.  Nor did you mention that in your opening post.

And it is an odd sort of thing, and I could be wrong, and I'm sure you'll deny it, but if a RS player complained about the team to the press, you'd nominate him for mayor.

Sections
Shortcuts