Papi being a Proud Papi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Papi being a Proud Papi

Watching the pregame interview with Big Papi. Seeing the pride in his eyes and hearing it in his voice when he talked about his daughter was nice to see.

His comments about the team struggles were honest. They need to hit better. I am not sure I agree with him that they've faced some great pitching though. It seems to me the Sox offense has been making mediocre pitchers look good. But..saying that..I am glad to hear Ortiz back away from his earlier comments about the pitching they've faced.

I was also glad to hear him say that the offense knows they have to get it together in order to take some of the pressure of their pitching staff.

He also downplayed any suggestion that he will be in next week's All Star game..but I am guessing he will be there. I hope to see Holt there with him though..and Pedey.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Papi being a Proud Papi

nice picture of them, miscricket, but I can't post it. 

David OrtizVerified account
    ‏@davidortiz
    Happy and proud dad At my baby girl graduation... pic.twitter.com/O452zI5zVk

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

nice picture of them, miscricket, but I can't post it. 

David OrtizVerified account
    ‏@davidortiz
    Happy and proud dad At my baby girl graduation... pic.twitter.com/O452zI5zVk

Hi Jbay...I saw the picture on TV. Not sure how some people are able to post pictures. I know I can't :-(

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Wow she is a big girl. Really surprised.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

congrats to Big P's daughter on her graduation....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

congrats to Big P's daughter on her graduation....

Bill-806 said it would never happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just  HEART-WARMING !!!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

no dead grandmas - thats good

As always - 100% correct!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

no dead grandmas - thats good

As always - 100% correct!

Ortiz' mother is dead, so yes there is a dead grandmother.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Nice post :-)

Here's the picture of the proud Papi

<a rel=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BryVSefCQAA1rvW.jpg" width="576" height="1024" />

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Very cool!

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

A very nice moment for Papi.  We tend to forget that these players are human and that they have lives outside of baseball.  It's why I try to give players the benefit of the doubt when things don't go the way we would like to see them go.  We never know what might be going behind the scenes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

He also downplayed any suggestion that he will be in next week's All Star game..but I am guessing he will be there. I hope to see Holt there with him though..and Pedey.

He may end up going because of the injury to Encarnacion, but he is currently not on the team.  He acknowledged that there were other players who had better first half numbers and who deserve to be there over him.  Personally, I would rather have him take the time off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

He may end up going because of the injury to Encarnacion, but he is currently not on the team.  He acknowledged that there were other players who had better first half numbers and who deserve to be there over him.  Personally, I would rather have him take the time off.

Hi Kimmi...so I heard last night. Lester is the only one going on the Sox? I would have thought for sure Pedey and Ortiz would be right there too...but I guess the votes just weren't there.

Personally..I agree with you 100 percent. I'd rather see him take the time off ( as well as the others).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Hi Kimmi...so I heard last night. Lester is the only one going on the Sox? I would have thought for sure Pedey and Ortiz would be right there too...but I guess the votes just weren't there.

Personally..I agree with you 100 percent. I'd rather see him take the time off ( as well as the others).

Ortiz is taking the time off, missy

Pete AbrahamVerified account

‏@PeteAbe
    David Ortiz, after talking with Farrell, essentially passed on being selected. Would prefer the time off.

"We had a conversation and (John) asked me how I feel about it," said Ortiz. "I said I just don’t feel like taking those guys places. I don’t think it's fair. To have guys like Nelson Cruz, and Victor and Encarnacion having unbelievable season; they don’t have as many All-Star games as I have. Just keep it real. They're having better seasons than I am and deserve it."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Big Daughter of Big Papi...congratulations to the Ortiz family.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

A very nice moment for Papi.  We tend to forget that these players are human and that they have lives outside of baseball.  It's why I try to give players the benefit of the doubt when things don't go the way we would like to see them go.  We never know what might be going behind the scenes.

I couldn't agree more.

We'll never know the full story of what goes on in the clubhouse or in their personal lives.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

I couldn't agree more.

We'll never know the full story of what goes on in the clubhouse or in their personal lives.

I think that's true of anything really. If a player is having an off  night...I would never judge them. Who knows what they are dealing with beneath the surface.

I think the same is true with our fellow posters. I never take anything personally and try not to judge anyone because none of us know what the person behind the keyboard is really like or really dealing with ( with a couple of exceptions for me). Perhaps this is why I am so tolerant of Bill..even though I fundamentally disagree with almost every word he writes...lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I didn't know Ortiz even had an older daughter, probably from a relationship prior to the one with his recently divorced wife.

Ortiz has All-Star numbers but there are a few players posting better numbers than him this year. I don't consider his absence a snub. As for Pedroia, he's having a down year and doesn't deserve to make the team. I'm fine with Lester (and probably Uehara) as the sole Red Sox representatives.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

I think that's true of anything really. If a player is having an off  night...I would never judge them. Who knows what they are dealing with beneath the surface.

I think the same is true with our fellow posters. I never take anything personally and try not to judge anyone because none of us know what the person behind the keyboard is really like or really dealing with ( with a couple of exceptions for me). Perhaps this is why I am so tolerant of Bill..even though I fundamentally disagree with almost every word he writes...lol

[/QUOTE]

Without dragging a bunch of drama in..... I've only taken something personally once, I won't think better of that person because of what was said, those words stung. I know we stand on different sides here, and my opinion of him remains unchanged since he had numerous times to make it right and didn't 'man up.' 

So, on that we will disagree until the cows come home or he finally mans up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

was she able to walk in the ceremony?  i heard she had a bad heel???!!!???

BINGO DAT

other names i have posted under:  none

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

was she able to walk in the ceremony?  i heard she had a bad heel???!!!???

BINGO DAT

other names i have posted under:  none

funny:

Thought I would post something on this thread.  As far as pitching around Ortiz this year: He has 15 IBB's this year on 367 PA's. Last year he had 27 IBB's on 600 Plate Appearances. 2012 he had 13 IBB's on 383 PA's. Doesn't seem much has changed in the last few years.

Sections
Shortcuts