Papi: Not sure I want to stay here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Papi: Not sure I want to stay here

Papi: "I'm not sure I want to stay here for this drama" and he would consider the Yankees cause they are right there and they know what to do.

Papi you may be using this as negotiating ploy, BUT THOSE WORDS ARE UNACCEPTABLE.

AND HELLO...

YOU WERE PART OF THE DRAMA

and your earlier comments that "it's not my job" referring to talking to players who were doing stuff in the clubhouse?

he makes it clear this stuff was going on during our ws runs.

as i felt all along. tito made guys feel good. that was valuable, but he had no backbone to standup to players when it was time to do so.

chickens finally came home to roost.

but papi, publicly while you are still a red sox?

cmon.....

what say you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Papi: I"m not sure i want to stay here for this drama" and He would consider the Yankees cause they are right t...

I don't think Yankees are interested in signing him anyway...  If Yankees spend little more $$$ (which they have plenty), they can have Prince... Why Ortiz thinks Yankees would even want him??? wise guy... Now I know why he was walking around and hugging Yankees fans...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Papi: I"m not sure i want to stay here for this drama" and He would consider the Yankees cause they are right t...

Way to step up and show loyalty to the team that made your career.  Negotiating ploy or not, David Ortiz comes off sounding like a me-first gun for hire rather than the face of this franchise.  I've learned a lot about David Ortiz in the past month or so that makes me believe that he's the type of team mate that is great when you're winning but who can quickly become part of the problem in difficult times. 

I'd respect him so much more if he said "I hope I can stay here, but if I can't, I know there will be some interested teams."  The guy has been one of the top paid DHs for a long time, and his loyalty to the almighty dollar is very sad. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

I'm not sure why he thinks that the Yankees would have any interest in him. Looks like he is trying to get the Sox attention. I hope that they call his bluff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Ortiz, as a senior member of the Sox you are one of the guys that should have stepped it up in the clubhouse and knocked some sense into the guys that thought they were bigger than the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportstalk. Show sportstalk's posts

Ortiz just got added to the growing list of players I would like to see gone by the time the 2012 season starts, ie., Beckett, Lackey, Drew, Ortiz, Wakefield, Varitek & Crawford.  There needs to be wholesale changes & that would do it.  Who they get for replacements is immaterial at this point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What a sad thing to see the hero of 2004 becoming a complainer and wanting to jump ship? He stunk it up for two years and they stuck with him and now he wants to go where there is the most money.  He is no longer a factor as a player only able to put up stats that  are meaningless.  The intangibles were gone long ago.  Please don't resign he will be playing for much less next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

good bye papi - say hello to your 'roid homie Manny for us!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Sorry Papi but guess what ?   The NYY are in no need of a DH that chugs up the 1st base line like he was headed for the electric chair.      Teams don't pay big money anymore for one dimensional players.     American League teams want flexible players that can play another position and occasionally DH.
    With any luck, Larry Lucchino will offer a 1 year deal with a [team] option for a 2nd year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

GO!>>>PLEASE LEAVE YA FAT BHASTID!!! AND TAKE ALL THOSE LOUSY CHIPS WITH YA!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Papi: I"m not sure i want to stay here for this drama" and He would consider the Yankees cause they are right there and they know what to do.:
    [QUOTE]Ortiz just got added to the growing list of players I would like to see gone by the time the 2012 season starts, ie., Beckett, Lackey, Drew, Ortiz, Wakefield, Varitek & Crawford.  There needs to be wholesale changes & that would do it.  Who they get for replacements is immaterial at this point.
    Posted by sportstalk[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and let's hope they get a tough, grind it out manager too, who wants a lot of gritty players on this team. Bye Papi, you turned out to be a fair weather player (who ought to be liked now only by fair weather fans). Too bad, because you really had a chance to be remembered fondly for a number of things.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Papi is delusional.

Hey Ortiz,

Drama is barging into your manager's press conference and dropping 'f' bombs because you're selfishly obsessed with your own stats.

Drama is whinning about interleague play.

Drama is whinning about wanting a new contract half way through the season.

Drama is this most recent interview you gave.  Comprende?

Good riddance!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I've always liked & supported Papi, but THAT'S IT!!!!

The Red Sox surely don't need another FAIR WEATHERED PLAYER!!!!

YOU just made our decision for us!  Thanks for what you did for us, but NOW......
    DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE AZZ!

The Sox must clean house!!!!

Character players!!!!  That are GOOD & have a history of busting their azzes!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

See you later Ortiz, thanks for '04 and '07.

I'm sure there are better ways to spend 12.5 Million dollars next on this team next season than to give it to a fat, old, whiny, selfish DH who can't play the field.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

i agree with all of you for the most part, though i think your hurt is speaking. i dont think you hate papi, whether or not hes not perfect (but who of us is) and might be a little selfish at times and not the perfect human being we project on him when he lead us to 2 championships. he should always be appreciated adn loved, but our illusions like all illusions fall hard.
        i'm hoping for friedman or beane and yes a manger who wont take crap and who the players will respect and come to love/or at least appreciate and who knows baseball on and off the field.
       we're gonna need some shrewdness to determine what players should stay, what players should go and who we should bring in to play. wish we got madden to replace tito. lets see how it turns out. im bumming a little knowing they will probably go with cherington for gm instead of going out of house.

peace and good wishes

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Papi would be ok in pinstripes. I think we know how to pitch him.
    Papi $12 M will be 1/2 of Fielder or Pujols and they would be as productive for at least another 5 years as DH or move AGon to DH fulltime or part-time.

There's no question for a year or two Papi will thrive in a Yankee lineup.  Will they pay him $12 M for two or three years. They will have Posada money to play with.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Papi: I"m not sure i want to stay here for this drama" and He would consider the Yankees cause they are right there and they know what to do.:
    [QUOTE]Papi you may be using this as negotiating ploy, BUT THOSE WORDS ARE UNACCEPTABLE. AND HELLO... YOU WERE PART OF THE DRAMA and your earlier comments that "it's not my job" referring to talking to players who were doing stuff in the clubhouse? he makes it clear this stuff was going on during our ws runs. as i felt all along. tito made guys feel good. that was valuable, but he had no backbone to standup to players when it was time to do so. chickens finally came home to roost. but papi, publicly while you are still a red sox? cmon..... what say you?
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Any vet not on board, simply let them walk because they are not the true leaders of this team.  Guys like Pede, Youk, Adrian, Jacocy and company along with the right fits will do better.

Bring on 2012

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Goodbye Papi. The words he spoke are what I would expect from sh it bags like Lackey and Beckett not Papi. Big Papi your part of the problem not the soloution! Bye, dont let the door hit you in your fat as s on the way out!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Clean all the whiners out and start from scratch. I don't know about any of you folks but after watching the 2011 Sox I would rather have sat in a dentists chair for the entire summer! I now know why players were dropping flyballs in the outfield and pitchers couldn't find the strikezone with a geiger counter!! Drunks the whole lot of them!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Prince Fielder and Albert Pujols are free agents at the end of the season. Sorry Fat Papi, but the Yankees will sign Pujols or Fielde before they sign you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from derocheda. Show derocheda's posts

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Let him Tek and Wakefield hit the bricks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Papi: I"m not sure i want to stay here for this drama" and He would consider the Yankees cause they are right there and they know what to do.:
    [QUOTE]Clean all the whiners out and start from scratch. I don't know about any of you folks but after watching the 2011 Sox I would rather have sat in a dentists chair for the entire summer! I now know why players were dropping flyballs in the outfield and pitchers couldn't find the strikezone with a geiger counter!!

:)

Drunks the whole lot of them!!!!
    Posted by sportsbozo1

:(

really you are right they should clean out the team. but i think that maybe should include youk for the attitude toward other players (and his sourness in general) and because he already is breaking down physically. yeah he works hard, but that alone wont do it.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

It might help to read the original, complete article before you jump to conclusions.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/7094409/david-ortiz-talks-boston-red-sox-mess-possible-free-agency-move-new-york-yankees

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]Ortiz just got added to the growing list of players I would like to see gone by the time the 2012 season starts, ie., Beckett, Lackey, Drew, Ortiz, Wakefield, Varitek & Crawford.  There needs to be wholesale changes & that would do it.  Who they get for replacements is immaterial at this point.
    Posted by sportstalk[/QUOTE]

Agree "sports", and even then, it may not totally rid the clubhouse of the "me first", fat heads.  Nothing short of a total cleansing of the clubhouse will get the Red Sox back on track, which means we could possibly have a young, hungry bunch of players who know how to bunt, field, throw, run the bases, head in the game type of players, etc, etc.  WOW, this sounds refreshing even if we lose 90 games.  GO HENRY, LUCHINNO, AND RED SOX.

Sections
Shortcuts