PAPI OR "LAV" AT DH TONIGHT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

Re: PAPI OR "LAV" AT DH TONIGHT

In Response to Re: PAPI OR "LAV" AT DH TONIGHT:
    [QUOTE]Now, I would be all in favor of putting Lavarnway in LF in place of Crawford against LHP.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

but that would mean creating a defensive hole in LF; hey, that's right, the SOX already have that. good idea alibi; gee, i seriously wish you were the SOX manager. just think, a field manager with a brain.
    btw, the above is not sarcasm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Lavarnway isn't going back to the minors.Youk is out for another week. As for tonights lineup Ortiz will be back in the lineup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Ortiz, this isn''t a serious question is it? Let Lavarnway stay with the big club for now, see how Ortiz feels and dare I say it, give him a start a C? Kid looks great, Vtek should slide below him on the depth chart outside of catching Beckett. Lavarnway will have a future in B-town at this rate, but he's not even close to Ortiz yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]If Lavarnway is going to be sitting 99% of the time, now that Papi is back, he should be returned to Pawtucket. Why should he rot on the bench and hit on a very limited basis? Nobody develops on the bench. Let Ryan work on his defense, so he can have an impact in 2012. I love this kid's poise and plate discipline.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  He is a September call up regardless.  Obviously Ortiz starts at DH.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Can Lav be on the post season roster?  It sure would be nice to have his bat coming off the bench.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PAPI OR "LAV" AT DH TONIGHT : Agree 100%..If hes not going to get plenty of AB's, then send him back..He'll be back in Sept anyway..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

I  believe I read somewhere that the plan is to send him back either soon or once Youk returns and finish up the year catching at Pawtucket. Once the Pawsox are done, they would bring him back in September, and then I believe he's off to either Venezuela or somewhere else to work further on his catching skills.

Sections
Shortcuts