Papi shutting it down?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: Papi shutting it down?

In Response to Papi shutting it down?:
    [QUOTE]We saw Pedro intentionally shut it down a few times. Papi is not happy about not getting his extension.  He had been loafing it down to first before his so called heel injury. I doubt if Papi will be a factor for the rest of the season.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Why would you say that?  He was diagnosed with bursitis, you can't fake that.  And it is terribly painful if you ever went through it.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Papi shutting it down? : Why would you say that?  He was diagnosed with bursitis, you can't fake that.  And it is terribly painful if you ever went through it.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Ortiz.  He would be playing if he could and isn't faking anything.  The Red Sox are fortunate that his injury isn't more serious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

First, he wouldn't do that, it's not him

Second, he needs to play IF he wants that big contract

Manny quit so he would be traded; totally different situation

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

He'll get a 10 year offer from Boston and depending on how he does in October, a incentive triggered option for a 2nd year for the same 10 mil

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I would buy Ortiz' need to sit out if it weren't for two things...first..he has a history of this type of thing..when things aren't going his way he "sits out" and second..I have had a couple of bouts of bursitis both in my heel and in my shoulder. Painful..? Yes..but I never let it interfere with my daily activities and kept up with working out. I would understand Ortiz sitting out if he was a field player who needed to be on his feet for several hours and needed to move around a lot more..but he is the DH. I would even understand it if the bursitis were in his shoulder since then you can make the argument that the discomfort would clearly affect his swing.
    I think taking a week off will have more long term effect...we all see what happens to Papi's ability to hit the ball after any time off. The sox may be back in a position where they are forced to wait for Papi to get his timing back..at the point in the season where they can least afford it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Jack at BU ( Boston Univ.) is just having some fun. Why did you take him seriously. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Papi shutting it down?:
    [QUOTE]We saw Pedro intentionally shut it down a few times. Papi is not happy about not getting his extension.  He had been loafing it down to first before his so called heel injury. I doubt if Papi will be a factor for the rest of the season.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

I hope this is just a joke. An aging DH would not use this strategy as he sits nearly the entire game. If his body cant't take the rigors of ten minutes a game total playing time as a DH, then nobody is likely to give him any contract. Come on Jack! Papi, is not Pedro, Manny, or any other nut job. He is a baseball ICON and is loved by even our own rivals. He plays the game right and deserves resepct for that. Give him the benefit of the doubt, at least.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Newsflash:  Ortiz has always loafed it down the line, new contract or no new contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ..>TheBabe<... Show ..>TheBabe<..'s posts

[QUOTE]First, he wouldn't do that, it's not him Second, he needs to play IF he wants that big contract Manny quit so he would be traded; totally different situation

Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Ummm...andrewbiatch....nobody brought up manny.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ..>TheBabe<... Show ..>TheBabe<..'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Papi shutting it down? : I hope this is just a joke. An aging DH would not use this strategy as he sits nearly the entire game. If his body cant't take the rigors of ten minutes a game total playing time as a DH, then nobody is likely to give him any contract. Come on Jack! Papi, is not Pedro, Manny, or any other nut job. He is a baseball ICON and is loved by even our own rivals. The polays the game right and deserves resepct for that. Give him the benefit of the doubt, at least.

Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

No, he's a lying cheater who is hated by people outside of beantowne.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : No, he's a lying cheater who is hated by people outside of beantowne.
    Posted by .. />TheBabe<..[/QUOTE]

Babe,

Shut up and crawl back in your hole !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Babe,
    Ortiz will be legendary when he is down here.  He beat the Yankees in 2004 and turned the baseball world upside down.  You can never take that away from him.  Legendary is the word for what he did. Others of course were involved but Ortiz was the one that made it possible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.YankeeBabe. Show Mr.YankeeBabe's posts

Papi can't handle a 162 major leage schedule anymore;sign him for 2 more years.LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ortiz is one of the most respected and well loved players in Sox history. We all tend to cut him some slack that we would not give to others for things like not hustling down the line.  He will still be an important factor down the stretch.  I would say that they should have D.L.ed him with the heel problem. They are currently playing a man short, hoping that he will return on Tuesday. Now it looks like he is backing away from that.  Still almost two weeks until the rosters expand , and the Sox bench is very thin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

The days of reckoning are coming up for the Sox in the next
    three weeks. Any game Wake pitches at this point gives
    you only about a 30% chance of winning, even Kc/ Too many
    passed balls and steals in a tight game will sink the Sox.
    When the ball doesn't knuckle, it's a HR or double against us.
    We gotta play Texas,the Yanks, and Texas again. That's about
    10 games or so against playoff teams. With our depleted
    lineup, we will have a hard time scoring against the surging
    Yankees. They are running up big run totals every game with
    their balanced lineup, and their pitching, at this point, is
    better than ours. If we gotta go with Wake, Bedard, and Lackey
    against these teams, are chances of winning are way less
    than 50%. With Lavarnway and Tek , Aviles, McDonald and
    Lowrie in there, we really don't honestly match up well in
    head to head play with the Yanks and Rangers. If we can hold
    off the Rays, it will be a small miracle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ..>TheBabe<... Show ..>TheBabe<..'s posts

[QUOTE]The Babe, Ortiz will be legendary when he is down here.  He beat the Yankees in 2004 and turned the baseball world upside down.  You can never take that away from him.  Legendary is the word for what he did. Others of course were involved but Ortiz was the one that made it possible.

Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

No, PED's are what made that possible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Look what Jack at BU did. Wasn't he clever at flaming RSN. It doesn't take much to do that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]Papi can't handle a 162 major leage schedule anymore;sign him for 2 more years.LOL!
    Posted by Mr.YankeeBabe[/QUOTE]

At least the Red Sox won't have Arod as the face of the franchise for the next 6 years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]The Babe, Ortiz will be legendary when he is down here.  He beat the Yankees in 2004 and turned the baseball world upside down.  You can never take that away from him.  Legendary is the word for what he did. Others of course were involved but Ortiz was the one that made it possible.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Yeah concord I have to agree with Babe.  Ortiz was mediocre at best when he was with the Twins and then he teams up with Manny and became a world beater.  Ortiz gets a lot of slack on this board because of the uniform he wears but he was and most likely is still a PED user.  He had some BIG BIG games and moments, no doubt about that but we must ask ourselves what made that possible?  Ortiz should receive the same scrutiny on this forum that ARod does but simply because of the uniform he wears he is given a pass and that is what makes so many (not all) on this board hypocrites.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pierreisme. Show pierreisme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : No, he's a lying cheater who is hated by people outside of beantowne.
    Posted by .. />TheBabe<..[/QUOTE

hated by fans of the yankees, yes. but not by people outside of beantowne (sic). as a matter of fact he has friends on the yankee roster who know him to be a good man. too bad there are yankee fans who hate anything red sox regardless of the character of the man.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ..>TheBabe<... Show ..>TheBabe<..'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : Babe, Shut up and crawl back in your hole !!

Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

screw you little peter

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ..>TheBabe<... Show ..>TheBabe<..'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : No, he's a lying cheater who is hated by people outside of beantowne. Posted by .. />TheBabe<..[/QUOTE hated by fans of the yankees, yes. but not by people outside of beantowne (sic). as a matter of fact he has friends on the yankee roster who know him to be a good man. too bad there are yankee fans who hate anything red sox regardless of the character of the man.

Posted by pierreisme[/QUOTE]

And by "character of the man" do you mean lying about his PED use?