Papi shutting it down?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Re: Papi shutting it down?

Papi doesn't loaf down the line. It's that his legs don't move too fast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

""ts tough to have this conversation with someone who most likely feels that while with the Red Sox Manny and Papi were absolutely clean."

There's an easy way to solve that problem - go away. Nobody wants you here and nobody is interested in this discussion. The thread that was started, as asinine as the topic admittedly was, was about Ortiz shutting it down for the season. It was not a PED thread until the utterly classless troll Babe decided to take it in that direction. 

Yes, many Yankees and Sox both took PEDs. Yes, it taints the view of that era. But the teams get to keep their rings last time I checked. In 2004, the Sox PED team beat the Yanks PED team in spectactular historical fashion. PED Ortiz outplayed PED Rodriguez considerably. I'm surprised you would want to go there.

Now that's settled, take your Internet bully Babe and get the heck out of here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

mikey,
    You bring up a valid point about peds but my comment about Ortiz has to do with his legacy in Boston which despite peds being a part of it will be put in perspective as part of the times he played in.  Troubling as it is most every power hitter was doing it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down?:
    [QUOTE]"" ts tough to have this conversation with someone who most likely feels that while with the Red Sox Manny and Papi were absolutely clean." There's an easy way to solve that problem - go away. Nobody wants you here and nobody is interested in this discussion. The thread that was started, as asinine as the topic admittedly was, was about Ortiz shutting it down for the season. It was not a PED thread until the utterly classless troll Babe decided to take it in that direction.  Yes, many Yankees and Sox both took PEDs. Yes, it taints the view of that era. But the teams get to keep their rings last time I checked. In 2004, the Sox PED team beat the Yanks PED team in spectactular historical fashion. PED Ortiz outplayed PED Rodriguez considerably. I'm surprised you would want to go there. Now that's settled, take your Internet bully Babe and get the heck out of here.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    Who else did PED Ortiz & Manny beat that year to get into the playoffs, to advance to the ALCS, to sweep the WS? I mean if noone wants to get real about this in this forum I understand why, they reversed the curse and won it again in 2007....these guys are heroes in Boston no matter how much they cheated to win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]mikey, You bring up a valid point about peds but my comment about Ortiz has to do with his legacy in Boston which despite peds being a part of it will be put in perspective as part of the times he played in.  Troubling as it is most every power hitter was doing it.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I don't know that the PED's have in any way tarnished his legacy Concord.  Sox fans treat Manny differently than they do Papi.  I agree many people were/are using the stuff but Sox fans on this forum (not all) point fingers every where else, particularly at the Yankees but act as if Red Sox players only drink Whey Protein shakes and eat sunflower seeds, when that is absolutely not true at all.

In regard to Ortiz, even though he has beat the Yanks up for years  I even like the guy.  It seems as if he is always having fun and is genuinely a good guy despite the PED use.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

The OP said NOTHING about PEDS. The thread got hijacked and BDC should remove it under the category of "redundant". There are 500 other threads that have ran this topic into the ground. Isn't it boring to keep beating a dead horse. I'm surprised that Concord is enabling the hijakers. I thought that he would be above that. Why 200 Drew threads, 2500 Bash Jake threads, and 3000 Bash Tito threads? Many of you could post your boring drivel on those topics in your sleep. How boring.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]The OP said NOTHING about PEDS. The thread got hijacked and BDC should remove it under the category of "redundant". There are 500 other threads that have ran this topic into the ground. Isn't it boring to keep beating a dead horse. I'm surprised that Concord is enabling the hijakers. I thought that he would be above that. Why 200 Drew threads, 2500 Bash Jake threads, and 3000 Bash Tito threads? Many of you could post your boring drivel on those topics in your sleep. How boring.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Kim sometimes threads evolve, it really isn't a big deal.  Nobody is forcing you to read it or participate in it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : No, PED's are what made that possible.
    Posted by .. />TheBabe<..[/QUOTE]

This is where the HIJACKING happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : This is where the HIJACKING happened.

Again it really isn't a big deal, when the reverse happens and a thread goes from a Sox fan to pointing out a Yankee using PED's I don't see you making a big stink about that....Nobody is forcing you to read or comment here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : Kim sometimes threads evolve, it really isn't a big deal.  Nobody is forcing you to read it or participate in it.
    Posted by Mikeyinthebronx2[/QUOTE]

I just asked the moderator to remove the thread. It is a big deal to those who want clean baseball talk and not another pizzin contest. Why are you always in the middle of these hijacks? Others should ask that such threads be removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : I just asked the moderator to remove the thread. It is a big deal to those who want clean baseball talk and not another pizzin contest. Why are you always in the middle of these hijacks? Others should ask that such threads be removed.

Simply because YOU feel that way Kim?  You act as if this is your forum and yours only.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : Simply because YOU feel that way Kim?  You act as if this is your forum and yours only.

Let it be moderated. Most decent forums are moderated. Do you have a problem with that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]I would buy Ortiz' need to sit out if it weren't for two things...first..he has a history of this type of thing..when things aren't going his way he "sits out" and second..I have had a couple of bouts of bursitis both in my heel and in my shoulder. Painful..? Yes..but I never let it interfere with my daily activities and kept up with working out. I would understand Ortiz sitting out if he was a field player who needed to be on his feet for several hours and needed to move around a lot more..but he is the DH. I would even understand it if the bursitis were in his shoulder since then you can make the argument that the discomfort would clearly affect his swing. I think taking a week off will have more long term effect...we all see what happens to Papi's ability to hit the ball after any time off. The sox may be back in a position where they are forced to wait for Papi to get his timing back..at the point in the season where they can least afford it.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

thank you, miscricket. I also have had heel problems, and I'm telling the free world the same thing you did--Papi did not have to sit out, and it is something you can definitely play through. I made exact same argument early on about the difference between shoulder bursitis and heel. One can have a lasting effect by playing through it, the other is simply chronic and some meds can easily help with the hurt. Great, great post. If only others would understand what we've been saying about the "injury."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : Let it be moderated. Most decent forums are moderated. Do you have a problem with that?
    I have no problem with that Kim and thank goodness they have you working as an assistant....do you wear a little "A" like hockey players do?  We rest easy knowing that PikeyKim is on the beat policing the front burner.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : I agree.
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

Welcome back to the forum.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi shutting it down? : Simply because YOU feel that way Kim?  You act as if this is your forum and yours only.

No, I agree with her 100%.  Come on, Mickey, you are a blood sucking parasite on this forum.   And I see some of the other lice have joined you here. 

Wonder how long until you get banned again.  Not long I bet.  

But back to ARod, is there a bigger example of a steroid using bust than that guy?  Joints all turning to jelly, operation after operation ... and 31 million a year to watch games from home.

Ouch.  Guess if he was at least in shape like Ortiz he wouldn't be missing so much time, huh?  ARoid is a failure.  And he is all yours.   31 million dollars per year steroid poster child.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Papi certainly was grumbling about the "lack of interest" by the RS FO in putting forth a contract extension in the weeks leading up to this injury.   This does not mean that the two are related.  I would be shocked if Papi were using a minor injury to make a point with respect to his current & future worth, thus pressuring the RS FO.  If it were true, I would be very disappointed in him, but I think he has EARNED the benefit of the doubt!!! 

Papi WILL BE BACK SOON!  He WILL be a key player down the stretch!  HE WILL NOT let down his fellow teammates! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Bursitis can be painful and could affect his swing as he puts pressure on the foot which he has to do with every swing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Bursitis = inflammation of the bursar sack.  It is never not painful.  I had it in my shoulder, and had to immobilize it for days.  A Pro athlete can't be running around on an inflamed heel. 

This thread is really a POC.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]Bursitis = inflammation of the bursar sack.  It is never not painful.  I had it in my shoulder, and had to immobilize it for days.  A Pro athlete can't be running around on an inflamed heel.  This thread is really a POC.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]
    Yea its not fun. My friend had it in his heel as well.....Tried playing soccer on it. Planted with that foot to take a shot in warmup and collapsed in the pain 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

The OP is not from a child. At least not a child based on age.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Papi shutting it down?:
    [QUOTE]We saw Pedro intentionally shut it down a few times. Papi is not happy about not getting his extension.  He had been loafing it down to first before his so called heel injury. I doubt if Papi will be a factor for the rest of the season.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Very ridiculous remark!  The only thing I will say is, whenever Papi is out of our lineup for some time he takes forever to regain his timing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

KANSAS CITY — Finally, some good news on the medical front for the Red Sox.

www.baseball-reference.com/players/o/ortizda01.shtml?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker&utm_campaign=Linker" target="_blank">David Ortiz shed his walking boot today and took some swings in the cage for the first time since last Sunday in Seattle.

That seems to be ahead of the initial projections. But as Terry Francona pointed out, it was literally a day-by-day thing with his bursitis in Ortiz's right heel.

So how did it go?

"Good," Ortiz said as he walked to the trainer's room.

There is no word as of yet on when Ortiz might play. But today is certainly a good step forward.

GUESS THAT SETTLES IT!   :)

HE WILL BE BACK SOON!  NOT SHUTTING IT DOWN!!!   :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff KANSAS CITY — Finally, some good news on the medical front for the Red Sox. www.baseball-reference.com/players/o/ortizda01.shtml?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker&utm_campaign=Linker " target="_blank" /> David Ortiz shed his walking boot today and took some swings in the cage for the first time since last Sunday in Seattle. That seems to be ahead of the initial projections. But as Terry Francona pointed out, it was literally a day-by-day thing with his bursitis in Ortiz's right heel. So how did it go? "Good," Ortiz said as he walked to the trainer's room. There is no word as of yet on when Ortiz might play. But today is certainly a good step forward. GUESS THAT SETTLES IT!   :) HE WILL BE BACK SOON!  NOT SHUTTING IT DOWN!!!   :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Maybe Ortiz read this thread,got embarassed and decided to do the right thing.
      We should all thank the OP for starting this thread and helping Papi see the light..