papi time to start talking with your bat,not your mouth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

papi time to start talking with your bat,not your mouth

whats he done since friday/ NADA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from idiotTroni. Show idiotTroni's posts

Re: papi time to start talking with your bat,not your mouth

ortiz be in a slump he wake up soon

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yeah...OMG he hasn't done anything in less than a calendar week what a ***$*$&(&# for ANSWERING QUESTIONS!!! 

this is a stupid thread. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah...OMG he hasn't done anything in less than a calendar week what a ***$*$&(&# for ANSWERING QUESTIONS!!! 

this is a stupid thread. 

[/QUOTE]

Not really Hugh. Its not that Ortiz has not contributed overall this year, but since May 15 he has been pretty horrible: .148/.499. This team needs him to contribute consistently. Without Napoli, he is really our only offensive threat who has any power. The season again hangs on the precipice. A couple more games behind and we can pack it in IMO.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

this is a stupid thread. 

[/QUOTE]

Not really Hugh. Its not that Ortiz has not contributed overall this year, but since May 15 he has been pretty horrible: .148/.499. This team needs him to contribute consistently. Without Napoli, he is really our only offensive threat who has any power. The season again hangs on the precipice. A couple more games behind and we can pack it in IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Yes but don't we go through this EVERY single year???? hitters go through slumps and Ortiz is no different.  I mean SERIOUSLY haven't we done this EVERY year???

The guy is still going to take and answer questions from the media. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

zero protection.  it's pretty simple. 

Gomes protecting him is laughable. 

i am almost ready to see this if napoli is out for much longer:

Holt

Pedroia

Ortiz

Bogaerts

Love the L,R,L,R for late game matchup problems.  Ortiz will have protection on both sides.  the kid can handle it as he has handled EVERYTHING that has been thrown at him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

this is a stupid thread. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Bogaerts may have something to say about that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ortiz has had at least one REALLY bad 2-3 weeks slump every year. 

Is this how we expect David Ortiz to field questions:

Media "Papi, what do you think about what David Price had to say"

David Ortiz "well Joe, you know I'm batting below .200 the last couple of weeks and I think the good fans of Boston would be annoyed about me talking to you about such issues so I really have nothing to say about the matter"

That....literally....never happened. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to udontnojack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WITH THIS HORRIBLE OFFENSE, PAPI WOULD HAVE MLB LEAD IN RBI!!  31 RBI'S RANKED HIM 39TH BEST IN MLB.  HIS 12 HOMERUNS IS 13TH BEST IN MLB.  

OH WAIT...DO NOT FORGET THAT HE LEAD MLB FOR THE MOST INTENTIONAL WALKS.

HOW OFTEN YOU FEEL FRUSTRATED IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET ALOT OF WALKS.  WAIT UNTIL NAPOLI COME BACK, AND HE LL GET MORE PROTECTION!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to udontnojack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  NO CONCERN HERE....... MOVEON.ORG  !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Holt

Pedroia

Ortiz

Bogaerts

Love the L,R,L,R for late game matchup problems.  Ortiz will have protection on both sides.  the kid can handle it as he has handled EVERYTHING that has been thrown at him.

[/QUOTE]

Am I crazy for thinking at this point maybe Ortiz needs to be protecting Xander?

1 Holt

2 Pedroia

3 Bogaerts

4 Ortiz

5 Napoli (supposedly will be back on Sunday)

...I could dig that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i like that too FJ.  i was more concerned with naps still out.  with him back i could def get on board that middle of the lineup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

i like that too FJ.  i was more concerned with naps still out.  with him back i could def get on board that middle of the lineup.

[/QUOTE]

I agree about Naps...him being back will be huge, especially if Holt can then get some time in LF. Supposedly he will be activated Sunday, the first day he's eligible, which is great news.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Why should he? He got the one year extension he cries about every spring training. Why should he produce now that he's got the money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

BIG PAPI CAN SAY WHATEVER THE HELL HE WANTS, HE'S EARNED THAT RIGHT. THIS IS HIS F****** CITY MAN!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Steve Buckley ‏@BuckinBoston 3m

David Ortiz tells me has not heard from #MLB about comments he made and he doesn't want to talk about Price each day til they meet in July.

Let's see how often the media brings up Price when chatting with Ortiz. The talking heads aren't going to let it go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

this is a stupid thread. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes but don't we go through this EVERY single year???? hitters go through slumps and Ortiz is no different.  I mean SERIOUSLY haven't we done this EVERY year???

The guy is still going to take and answer questions from the media. 

[/QUOTE]

Up until this year our offense was generally in the top third. Now we are bottom third, or close to it. Thats the difference. When Ortiz slumps the team is going to have a lot of trouble scoring runs, especially with Napoli out. I was not judging what he says to the media, only his performance. This year we do need more consistency from him in order to make a run of it. I am not sure he can do it. No, I am not putting down his overall contribution, just his lack of consistent hitting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

papi is 37...he is expected to decline - the question is how quickly and how much can he produce? i think his wrists are still quick and he doesnt have a lot of wear and tear on him...his conditioning could be a major problem - he looks like orlando cepeda at the end days running to first

As always - 100% correct!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Having Gomes hitting behind him striking out three times a game isn't helping either. Why would they give Ortiz any pitch to hit?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

papi is 37...he is expected to decline - the question is how quickly and how much can he produce? i think his wrists are still quick and he doesnt have a lot of wear and tear on him...his conditioning could be a major problem - he looks like orlando cepeda at the end days running to first

[/QUOTE]

And there are those out there comparing his hitting stats to JBJ...... JBJ is how old?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

Holt

Pedroia

Ortiz

Bogaerts

[/QUOTE]
    I'd be all for it even if Napoli came back tomorrow! Napolil should hit only against lefties, and then either 6th or 7th. He's almost as close as Gomes to being "all done".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's really irrelevant how much Papi declines (if at all this season). The contract extension is done and with the incentives built in there is no chance he is coming out of the lineup...so we are going to have to have faith that he will come out of his current slump and be the guy who carries the offense.

I agree on the conditioning though. For a guy who went into spring training looking incredibly fit...it certainly seems like something happened to undo all of that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

WIth regards to the OP..I am a fan of the phrase "no comment". I would rather have Ortiz..and any Sox player for that matter..do their talking on the field or in the batters box. It's much more satisfying that way.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's really irrelevant how much Papi declines (if at all this season). The contract extension is done and with the incentives built in there is no chance he is coming out of the lineup...so we are going to have to have faith that he will come out of his current slump and be the guy who carries the offense.

I agree on the conditioning though. For a guy who went into spring training looking incredibly fit...it certainly seems like something happened to undo all of that.

[/QUOTE]

He looked great in spring training.  He will start hitting the ball soon.  When do we play Cleveland again?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He looked great in spring training.  He will start hitting the ball soon.  When do we play Cleveland again?

[/QUOTE]

Haha..forget Cleveland...bring on the Twins in a couple of weeks :-)

Sections
Shortcuts