Papi totally dusts of David Price, gotta love this!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Papi totally dusts of David Price, gotta love this!

The link won't work right (like most things on this site), but it's on the game summary page of the BDC Red Sox page. I LOVE this, these are the Sox we followed last year. Price is a dirtbag, no way he should have stayed in that game. Typical Rays baseball. Chicken crap garbage under the table, then a "what? Me?" act afterwards. What Ortiz said is exactly right. No way I'd want to play for Madden, I don't care what anyone says. What dress up game are they playing on THIS road trip? The last place leisure suit? I literally cannot stand this team, please sweep them and kick them to the basement where they belong. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Re: Papi totally dusts of David Price, gotta love this!

Joe Madden is easily the biggest joke in baseball. The fact anyone is taken-in by his shallow act is sad. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

"It's ON." 

How can you not love this guy?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to patrickford's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"It's ON." 

How can you not love this guy?  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Exactly. And the post game comments with Price and Madden made it fairly obvious that there was intent. Price with the deadpanned "I have no idea" act, and Madden with the stupid grin when asked about it. These guys are a joke, and belong in last place

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Of course, in their defense, they have to put on that big act afterwards to maintain their "media darling" status so writers and talking heads will keep picking them to win it all every year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I'm still trying to figure out how Price gets to stay in the game after a warning and hitting 2 guys and Workman only comes close to hitting a batter and gets tossed.....

As always - 100% correct!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    .@davidortiz on @DAVIDprice14; “It’s a war. It’s on. Next time he hits me, he better bring the gloves. I have no respect for him no more."

‏@PeteAbe
    Ortiz on wanting to get to Price when the benches cleared: ‘I was going to let him know.:

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Ortiz said Price called him after Game 2 of the ALDS last year to apologize for his remarks. He was shocked Price drilled him tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Ortiz took a few questions then dropped the “I’m done” and that was that. Haven’t seen him that mad in a few years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    If (and that’s a big if) the #RedSox make the playoffs, this Rays business the last week could be why. Team finding its personality

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The link won't work right (like most things on this site), but it's on the game summary page of the BDC Red Sox page. I LOVE this, these are the Sox we followed last year. Price is a dirtbag, no way he should have stayed in that game. Typical Rays baseball. Chicken crap garbage under the table, then a "what? Me?" act afterwards. What Ortiz said is exactly right. No way I'd want to play for Madden, I don't care what anyone says. What dress up game are they playing on THIS road trip? The last place leisure suit? I literally cannot stand this team, please sweep them and kick them to the basement where they belong. 

[/QUOTE]

i'm glad to see that some other people are coming around to my way of thinking on this.

Last night Maddon said, "We have to pitch Ortiz inside.  Unfortunately that was a little too far inside.  Is my tongue in my cheek?" - followed by his little grin.

Has anyone else noticed that when trouble starts between the Red Sox and the Rays that the players on the Rays who have done the most talking are at the back of the pack?  

They're a smug, cowardly classless bunch and no number of wins or "great FO management and player development" can hide that.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Great game last night..... Now that was fun !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

David Ortiz on Tampa Bay's David Price:

"I have a lot of respect of the guy, man, but it's over. I have no more respect for him. Last year we kick his a@ss in the playoffs, he went off, talking (expletive) about everybody, (television analyst) Tom Verducci and everybody, players.

We got to talk on the phone. We kind of straightened things out. He was kind of upset, you know? Me, as a veteran, I’m going to kind of let him know how things go in this game. Later on he called me and apologized because he knows he was wrong. He apologized in public. He apologized to myself and everything was cool. So first at-bat of the season against me he drilled me? I mean, it’s a war. It's on. Next time he hits me he better bring the gloves. I have no respect for him no more."

On getting hit in the first inning: "I was surprised for a minute until I watched the video. I thought everything was cool. You can’t be acting like a little girl out there. You’re not going to win every time. When you give it up, that’s an experience for the next time. But when you’re to be acting like a little (expletive) every time you give it up, bounce back like that and put your teammates in jeopardy, that’s going to cost you."

On the benches clearing and his going after Price: "I was going to let him know. I respect everybody in this league and I get a certain respect from everybody. If you’re mad because I take you deep twice, I’m going to let you know I have almost 500 homers in this league. It’s part of the game, son.

"He knows he screwed up. He did that on his own. No manager say anything to him. No player was comfortable with the situation. He did that on his own, which is bull---. He can’t get somebody out, he can’t be doing that s---. I’m done.”
    by Pete Abraham, Boston Globe... 12:17 AM

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe
    Ortiz took a few questions then dropped the “I’m done” and that was that. Haven’t seen him that mad in a few years.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Papi reminds me of the latest Hulk movie, with someone pleading with his non-Hulk personality 'we need the angry Hulk back', paraphrasing, and probably poorly.

Or to paraphrase the Heineken guy 'Stay angry, my friend'.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What dress up game are they playing on THIS road trip? The last place leisure suit?

[/QUOTE]

Excellent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

David Ortiz on Tampa Bay's David Price:

"I have a lot of respect of the guy, man, but it's over. I have no more respect for him. Last year we kick his a@ss in the playoffs, he went off, talking (expletive) about everybody, (television analyst) Tom Verducci and everybody, players.

We got to talk on the phone. We kind of straightened things out. He was kind of upset, you know? Me, as a veteran, I’m going to kind of let him know how things go in this game. Later on he called me and apologized because he knows he was wrong. He apologized in public. He apologized to myself and everything was cool. So first at-bat of the season against me he drilled me? I mean, it’s a war. It's on. Next time he hits me he better bring the gloves. I have no respect for him no more."

On getting hit in the first inning: "I was surprised for a minute until I watched the video. I thought everything was cool. You can’t be acting like a little girl out there. You’re not going to win every time. When you give it up, that’s an experience for the next time. But when you’re to be acting like a little (expletive) every time you give it up, bounce back like that and put your teammates in jeopardy, that’s going to cost you."

On the benches clearing and his going after Price: "I was going to let him know. I respect everybody in this league and I get a certain respect from everybody. If you’re mad because I take you deep twice, I’m going to let you know I have almost 500 homers in this league. It’s part of the game, son.

"He knows he screwed up. He did that on his own. No manager say anything to him. No player was comfortable with the situation. He did that on his own, which is bull---. He can’t get somebody out, he can’t be doing that s---. I’m done.”
    by Pete Abraham, Boston Globe... 12:17 AM 

[/QUOTE]

Classic stuff, love it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

O well, it is baseball.  Ortiz will probably let his bat do the talking tonight with two homers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm still trying to figure out how Price gets to stay in the game after a warning and hitting 2 guys and Workman only comes close to hitting a batter and gets tossed.....

[/QUOTE]

workman aimed for the head. his intent was to hurt. ortiz got a love tap on his bottom. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to vcec's comment:

workman aimed for the head. his intent was to hurt. ortiz got a love tap on his bottom. 

If anything, he was trying to hit Longo in the back. He threw behind him. Carrier pigeon. Ortiz didn't seem enamored.

‏@PeteAbe
    Workman did what he had to do there. Probably close to his last batter anyway.

‏@PeteAbe

Price had 8 walks and 2 HBP over 77.1 IP before tonight. Guess just a tough night for the old control.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

O well, it is baseball.  Ortiz will probably let his bat do the talking tonight with two homers.

[/QUOTE]

as he should. leave the squabbling to the fans. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where do you think Price was aiming in the Carp at bat?  Also intentional.  Should've been tossed. That's why Workman retaliated, not for Papi's. 

And for the record, that ball to Longoria was no where near his head.  It was below the level of his shoulders.

Price keeps doing this **** and his own players are going to pay for it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I can't remember the last time I stayed up to watch the entire post game show

This year, I watched the Pinhead event but I watched the PG show on YES

If you look at the video, Ortiz was going after Price and Price was back peddling. 

That Rays team is in trouble and they got no one to blame but themselves.

PS - I told you I am big Workman fan.  Nice job by the kid doing what he had to do.  And nice job of AJ to not take s---- from Longoria afterwards.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A 94 mph pitch aimed at Ortiz is intent to hit and hurt.  Bellini should have ejected Price on the spot. But not only does he get to stay in he also hits Carp on a pitch about 6 inches lower than Workman's AND gets to throw way up and in on Holt.   It's hard to say if Price had intent on the Carp pitch, but he had great control all night and did exactly what he wanted.  Given the situation he should have been ejected on any of those pitches.  Garbage calls, Bellini is a joke.

Price and Madden are once again in the middle of a bad situation going down hill fast. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to croc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A 94 mph pitch aimed at Ortiz is intent to hit and hurt.  Bellini should have ejected Price on the spot. But not only does he get to stay in he also hits Carp on a pitch about 6 inches lower than Workman's AND gets to throw way up and in on Holt.   It's hard to say if Price had intent on the Carp pitch, but he had great control all night and did exactly what he wanted.  Given the situation he should have been ejected on any of those pitches.  Garbage calls, Bellini is a joke.

Price and Madden are once again in the middle of a bad situation going down hill fast. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Workman was an automatic ejection, no doubt about.  But the umps let Price get two shots in, for free.

They should've tossed him when he hit Papi.  He couldn't have been more obvious about it.

But at least I could see the umps not wanting to toss a star pitcher in the 1st unless they were 100% certain.

But they give him a warning, and he still drills Carp, and the umps told him it was okay?  He drills two guys after they knew there was bad blood from earlier this year, and last year's playoffs, and they do nothing?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Affirmative action?