Papi totally dusts of David Price, gotta love this!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Papi totally dusts of David Price, gotta love this!

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm still trying to figure out how Price gets to stay in the game after a warning and hitting 2 guys and Workman only comes close to hitting a batter and gets tossed.....

As always - 100% correct!

[/QUOTE]

Affirmative action?

absolutely - but not race-based but on credentials/reputation as a "star"....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to vcec's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm still trying to figure out how Price gets to stay in the game after a warning and hitting 2 guys and Workman only comes close to hitting a batter and gets tossed.....

[/QUOTE]

workman aimed for the head. his intent was to hurt. ortiz got a love tap on his bottom. 

[/QUOTE]

Where do you think Price was aiming in the Carp at bat?  Also intentional.  Should've been tossed. That's why Workman retaliated, not for Papi's. 

And for the record, that ball to Longoria was no where near his head.  It was below the level of his shoulders.

Price keeps doing this **** and his own players are going to pay for it.

[/QUOTE]

valid claim regarding longo and carp but this is based on perception since none of us were privvy to either workman nor price's intent. it's all subject to prejudiced. it was a good game. Boston won, we all got a little excitement and we all look forward to the next game. Glad hockey is almost over, baseball is sure heating up. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to croc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to vcec's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

workman aimed for the head. his intent was to hurt. ortiz got a love tap on his bottom. 

[/QUOTE]

A 94 mph pitch aimed at Ortiz is intent to hit and hurt.  Bellini should have ejected Price on the spot. But not only does he get to stay in he also hits Carp on a pitch about 6 inches lower than Workman's AND gets to throw way up and in on Holt.   It's hard to say if Price had intent on the Carp pitch, but he had great control all night and did exactly what he wanted.  Given the situation he should have been ejected on any of those pitches.  Garbage calls, Bellini is a joke.

Price and Madden are once again in the middle of a bad situation going down hill fast. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Workman was an automatic ejection, no doubt about.  But the umps let Price get two shots in, for free.

They should've tossed him when he hit Papi.  He couldn't have been more obvious about it.

But at least I could see the umps not wanting to toss a star pitcher in the 1st unless they were 100% certain.

But they give him a warning, and he still drills Carp, and the umps told him it was okay?  He drills two guys after they knew there was bad blood from earlier this year, and last year's playoffs, and they do nothing?

[/QUOTE]

good points. The Carp call was questionable though. Not sure there was intent but not saying there wasn't. At that point the umps really had no choice and it was obvious Workman had intent. He had nothing to lose so why not?? All in all, good game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The link won't work right (like most things on this site), but it's on the game summary page of the BDC Red Sox page. I LOVE this, these are the Sox we followed last year. Price is a dirtbag, no way he should have stayed in that game. Typical Rays baseball. Chicken crap garbage under the table, then a "what? Me?" act afterwards. What Ortiz said is exactly right. No way I'd want to play for Madden, I don't care what anyone says. What dress up game are they playing on THIS road trip? The last place leisure suit? I literally cannot stand this team, please sweep them and kick them to the basement where they belong. 

[/QUOTE]

i'm glad to see that some other people are coming around to my way of thinking on this.

Last night Maddon said, "We have to pitch Ortiz inside.  Unfortunately that was a little too far inside.  Is my tongue in my cheek?" - followed by his little grin.

Has anyone else noticed that when trouble starts between the Red Sox and the Rays that the players on the Rays who have done the most talking are at the back of the pack?  

They're a smug, cowardly classless bunch and no number of wins or "great FO management and player development" can hide that.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ive been preaching it for years. NYY are like a HS rival. You didn't like each other, competed in the same sports, with cars, even for girls--but they were on an equal level--a classmate. The Rays are like the 7th grader that lived two doors down and ran his mouth and talked constant trash to both of you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Maybe this will keep the sox fired up. No one can forget tech and arod. Tonight should be interesting.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The link won't work right (like most things on this site), but it's on the game summary page of the BDC Red Sox page. I LOVE this, these are the Sox we followed last year. Price is a dirtbag, no way he should have stayed in that game. Typical Rays baseball. Chicken crap garbage under the table, then a "what? Me?" act afterwards. What Ortiz said is exactly right. No way I'd want to play for Madden, I don't care what anyone says. What dress up game are they playing on THIS road trip? The last place leisure suit? I literally cannot stand this team, please sweep them and kick them to the basement where they belong. 

[/QUOTE]

i'm glad to see that some other people are coming around to my way of thinking on this.

Last night Maddon said, "We have to pitch Ortiz inside.  Unfortunately that was a little too far inside.  Is my tongue in my cheek?" - followed by his little grin.

Has anyone else noticed that when trouble starts between the Red Sox and the Rays that the players on the Rays who have done the most talking are at the back of the pack?  

They're a smug, cowardly classless bunch and no number of wins or "great FO management and player development" can hide that.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ive been preaching it for years. NYY are like a HS rival. You didn't like each other, competed in the same sports, with cars, even for girls--but they were on an equal level--a classmate. The Rays are like the 7th grader that lived two doors down and ran his mouth and talked constant trash to both of you.

[/QUOTE]

meh 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Leave it to the Rays to fire up the sleeping dog. Anything to motivate a team on a win streak is fine by me. I hope they throw at Sox hitters again and again. Sox need to play at an .800 clip to get back into this thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I love it when Ortiz gets heated.

I don't think they'll be any make-up handshakes between Ortiz and Price anytime soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think they'll be any make-up handshakes between Ortiz and Price anytime soon.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lets hope not, I like it better when the rivalries simmer to a boil. Screw this sportsmanship and brotherhood crap, I wanna see Sox players ticked.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lets hope not, I like it better when the rivalries simmer to a boil. Screw this sportsmanship and brotherhood crap, I wanna see Sox players ticked.

I agree and the whole chumy Sox-Yank thing freaked me out when i first saw it...save that for the off-season

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I know, right? I'm not usually one to cry that the Umps were on the take, but the officiating seemed incredibly one-sided in this game. It seemed like the Umps decided ahead of time that the Sox were the aggressors, and the Rays were transgressed against.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I know, right? I'm not usually one to cry that the Umps were on the take, but the officiating seemed incredibly one-sided in this game. It seemed like the Umps decided ahead of time that the Sox were the aggressors, and the Rays were transgressed against.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

What? The innocent darling Rays do wrong? Surely you jest, everyone knows they are perennial world champions, and the Goofy Genius is the greatest, most innovative mgr of all time!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I hate to admit it but all this drama will make tonight's game more interesting.  It's a whole lot better than that horrible loosing streak.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

67s comment:

I hate to admit it but all this drama will make tonight's game more interesting.  It's a whole lot better than that horrible loosing streak.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

I'm looking forward to the game 67. No punching below the belt!

Better than hockey. I think Farrell can take Maddon, I'm hoping for some classic stuff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

What? The innocent darling Rays do wrong? Surely you jest, everyone knows they are perennial world champions, and the Goofy Genius is the greatest, most innovative mgr of all time!

[/QUOTE]

he's just a phony bologna

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Ortiz won’t like his words being called stupid // RT @JessMoranCSN: More Price..." He was mad we all say stupid stuff when mad. I get it."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Jessica Moran
    ‏@JessMoranCSN
    David Price says Ortiz's postgame comments don't bother him. But he did say there is no comparison between baseball and war.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Price cont... "You're not a soldier. we have troops fight for us in a war that's not a comparison."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

67s comment:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

I'm looking forward to the game 67. No punching below the belt!

Better than hockey. I think Farrell can take Maddon, I'm hoping for some classic stuff.

[/QUOTE]
    I miss the yank and sox drama.  Too many friends between the two teams ;0)

If the umps continue to throw sox players and coaches out while letting rays players off the hook I think we might see more action on the field than we do in the ring.

If farrell and maddon fight I hope maddon wears his footie jammies! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe
    Ortiz won’t like his words being called stupid // RT @JessMoranCSN: More Price..." He was mad we all say stupid stuff when mad. I get it."

[/QUOTE]

That's not going to go over well with Ortiz ....let the fun begin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Thought for sure Ortiz would go yard a few times.  I'd rather see the bat do the talking then the locker room interviews.  Maybe next time up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Price cont... "You're not a soldier. we have troops fight for us in a war that's not a comparison."

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

A nice PC response by Price, which makes him look more guilty than ever. He'd be better served to man up and admit what he did instead of hiding behind the skirts of political correctness. He knew exactly what Ortiz meant, and it chapped his hide. That's why he basically ran like a little girl and used PC.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

A nice PC response by Price, which makes him look more guilty than ever. He'd be better served to man up and admit what he did instead of hiding behind the skirts of political correctness. He knew exactly what Ortiz meant, and it chapped his hide. That's why he basically ran like a little girl and used PC.

[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Ortiz did not make any great effort to get Price.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

To be really fair David Price is a tool.  And that is what Ortiz should say when the reporters ask him about his "bigger than the game" nonsense. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In response to patrickford's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"It's ON." 

How can you not love this guy?  

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.  Papi rocks.