Papi's world is crumbling

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Papi's world is crumbling

If Papi is serious about signing someplace his agent needs to get a little competition between the Jay's and O's to bid up the price. I do not see the Sox bidding very high.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Papi's world is crumbling:
    [QUOTE]The building which big papi's restaurant was in, is about to be demolished.  He states that it will be moved to Boston, but this will never happen. I anticipate that is not the first thing in ortiz's life to be demolished.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Big Papi has earned millions over the past several years.  Even if his claims are not true as you suggest, his restaurant is only a part of his overall investment portfolio. Unless he's squandered his money or invested it poorly otherwise, I'm sure he'll do fine financially whether he'll be making five or fifteen million this coming season.  I should have such problems. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The only thing that is crumbling in Papi's world is the gold-flecked crust on his empanada made by his personal chef.  It upsets him slightly, but then he sits back and watches the surf come up from the hammock on the front 40 of his D.R. villa, reflects on his status as baseball legend, and chuckles himself back to calm before his daily massage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Papi's world is crumbling:
    [QUOTE]The building which big papi's restaurant was in, is about to be demolished.  He states that it will be moved to Boston, but this will never happen. I anticipate that is not the first thing in ortiz's life to be demolished.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

In my opinion Papi will only be affective with the right players/lineup around him.  In Boston he finally has this again after losing his buddy Manny and his sense of focus for a couple years.  Injuries played some part but the rest was all in Davids head.  Something Beckett will need to find sooner, rather than later if we let Tek go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Papi's world is crumbling:
    [QUOTE]The only thing that is crumbling in Papi's world is the gold-flecked crust on his empanada made by his personal chef.  It upsets him slightly, but then he sits back and watches the surf come up from the hammock on the front 40 of his D.R. villa, reflects on his status as baseball legend, and chuckles himself back to calm before his daily massage.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

lolol space...yea, what exactly is crumbling?????  a restaurant that he doesnt even step foot in probably????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi's world is crumbling : lolol space...yea, what exactly is crumbling?????  a restaurant that he doesnt even step foot in probably????
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

don't forget Jay-Z is suing him too.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

He is not the kind of guy to let adversity beat him.

I highly doubt that this man's world would ever "crumble."

The man will be a living legend much in the same way Larry Bird,Carl Yastrzemski and Bobby Orr are living legends.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The real question is, is he HOF bound?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]The real question is, is he HOF bound?
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
    .... 3; maybe 4 exceptional season for a one dimensinal player over a 15 year career; along with the slightest taint of PED's? The Sox Hall of Fame ..... enthusiatically "yes" ............ Cooperstown ??? ........... Clemens has a better chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]He is not the kind of guy to let adversity beat him. I highly doubt that this man's world would ever "crumble." The man will be a living legend much in the same way Larry Bird,Carl Yastrzemski and Bobby Orr are living legends.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

These guys you mention; were excellent for a long, long time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi's world is crumbling : These guys you mention; were excellent for a long, long time.
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

No doubt Papi's career is not of the calibre of these all-time-great gentlemen.  But, you gotta give a place in the pantheon of Legends (though not necessarily the HOF) to David Ortiz, just based on 2004 alone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Papi's world is crumbling : No doubt Papi's career is not of the calibre of these all-time-great gentlemen.  But, you gotta give a place in the pantheon of Legends (though not necessarily the HOF) to David Ortiz, just based on 2004 alone.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE] no doubt ..... definitely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]The real question is, is he HOF bound?
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
     N-O, NO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

With pitchers now taking up 12 and 13 roster spots, teams need flexibility for bench players. Few teams now carry players that exclusivly DH. Papi would be doing good to get an offer of ten million, and an option for a second year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]He is not the kind of guy to let adversity beat him. I highly doubt that this man's world would ever "crumble." The man will be a living legend much in the same way Larry Bird,Carl Yastrzemski and Bobby Orr are living legends.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    Sorry Zill got to disagree his handful of years does not put him in the area of Yaz, Bird, or Orr as well as Ted or Bill.
    Hell he won't even be as big as Havlichek is.

He is in the area of Lynn, Esposito, Cowens, or Grogan/Bledsoe

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

[QUOTE]   With pitchers now taking up 12 and 13 roster spots, teams need flexibility for bench players. Few teams now carry players that exclusivly DH. Papi would be doing good to get an offer of ten million, and an option for a second year.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]Nobody will give him that much except maybe "Dalton Dan" to make a splash

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Does anyone else notice the fetish that JackBU has against Big Papi? His last twenty threads and fifty posts have all been about bashing Ortiz. Sounds like a personal vendetta to me. Is he prejudiced or against mixed marriages or did Papi snub him in some way?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone else notice the fetish that JackBU has against Big Papi? His last twenty threads and fifty posts have all been about bashing Ortiz. Sounds like a personal vendetta to me. Is he prejudiced or against mixed marriages or did Papi snub him in some way?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Jackbu is to Papi as Softhanky is to Ellsbury.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Papi has been a legend for a few years and a very important cog in the Sox machine that has been so good since he arrived...but a HOFer he ain't.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I am not implying his financial world is melting. Things are going from bad to worse in his baseball career. Bobby valentine looks like the next sox manager. Bobby is a national league guy who knows how to play without a dh. Ortiz's worth is about to tumble again. But his restaurant was terrible, thus the reason it went out of business.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Um, Bobby V. managed the Rangers for 8 years.  Pretty sure he can handle the DH position.  And, this might be a reach, but i don't think he is not going to use the DH because he knows how to play without it.  And, other than this strange assertion of yours, how else is his baseball career going from bad to worse?  he just had, hands down, the best season he has had in 3 years.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't say he could not handle it, I said he knows how to manage without it. Not all managers know how to do both.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

OK, but why in the world would he want to manage without it?  Is he going to bat his pitchers ninth while the opposing team uses a DH?  I am not sure where you are going with that.

25. This post has been removed.