Part II: Tampa Bay Not Going Away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Part II: Tampa Bay Not Going Away

Pena was a sub .200 hitter with diminishing power. I was amazed at how many posters thought it was a negative they "lost him" this past winter. Johnson has been a bust, but Kotch has been on fire. He still has under 100 PAs. Someone posted something about fixing his eye problem. Too bad the Sox "expert doctors" couldn't have found that cure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Kotchman is playing for yearly contracts. Too bad others don't have to do the same. He is a sorry MLB everyday player though, despite his potemkin stats from a sudden gust of wind that will be gone to reveal the essense of who Kotchman is as a baseball talent. 

Reading this thread is like watching Red Sox fans heap praise on how good the Rays are, while they are temporarily in first place. I'm gonig to find this thread when both Kotchman and the Rays run out of smoke and mirrors.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

I love MLB seasons, the O's "weren't going away" just a few weeks ago. The O's were pretenders that have already been exposed. So, too, will the Rays be exposed in the bullpen and sustaining adequate run scoring. Familiarity with this outfit will be what brings them down. Under the radar works for a while. I like how the Rangers took care of that "great" pitching staff they have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I remember this guy named softy once wanted Kotch to be our FT 1Bman.

Is there really any wonder why he has changed his monniker 17 times since then?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Matt Joyce is just "buttah"!

.365/.434/.619/1.053

(but with only about 16 PAs vs LHPs)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The Rays don't look like they are slowing down to me. Softy is just upset when Moon and I projected them to be in the 90-93 win range. Softy guffawed that big time and now we look up at the standings and there are the Rays in 1st.

Some people here think he's a GREAT analyst. I think he flips a coin and holds on doggedly to whatever the coin flip ends up being. Flipping a coin might even be an improvement for him lately.

I call it as I see it and I've seen this one over and over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He rarely makes any definitive calls. It's always "50-50". Those of us who dare take a position are bound to be wrong at times, and he never lets us forget it, but at least we have a solid position.

I've asked him to put a number to the TB wins this year...crickets.
    I've asked him to post what Jake would need to do shut him up...crickets
    I've asked him what numbers a 6th starter needs to be considered valuable... crickets.

After the 2009 almost daily Jake goalpost moving, he's learned to hedge his bets with nebulous musings and ambiguous drivel.

I make my annual Sox projections. I know I put my neck on the line. I don't expect to be even close to perfect. But, I am here to accept criticism under one monniker. I'll be here tomorrow as well, if TB tanks.

Hellickson has sure helped people forget about Garza.

For those who think they are one injury away from last place: Sonnanstine is an awesome 6th starter (2011: 3.92 ERA in 21 IP).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

In Response to Re: Part II: Tampa Bay Not Going Away:
    Kotchman is playing for yearly contracts. Too bad others don't have to do the same. He is a sorry MLB everyday player though, despite his potemkin stats from a sudden gust of wind that will be gone to reveal the essense of who Kotchman is as a baseball talent.  Reading this thread is like watching Red Sox fans heap praise on how good the Rays are, while they are temporarily in first place. I'm gonig to find this thread when both Kotchman and the Rays run out of smoke and mirrors.  
    Posted by majorleague

What does that metaphor even mean? His stats are reflective of a mutiny? Russian sailors?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

I recall a poster named Softlaw who had this thread authored by "Boomerang" applauding his prescience on Beltre. As for wanting Kotchman to be the everday 1st bagger, that claim is more likely to be the work of someone who claimed the Twins couldn't afford Joe Mauer and 5 gold gloves mean "nothing".

The author of this thread boasts about "sticking his neck out" when he posts nonsense without consequence. It's more like he sticks his backside out.

As for the Rays, I would imagine that 87 to 90 would be the range for this pretender outfit. Boasting about the Rays in May is on the level of watching rain fall and claiming it's going to rain.

I will enjoy taking to task that brave old Slavic dumbo when he tries to spin how the Rays won about what he predicted and that they "never went away" and "were in the race until the end".

Some people called Mike Lowell insurance, so it's no suprise to see this "stick the neck out" thread that really has no definitive prediction on anything at all. Now, that's really stick the neck out;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

majorleague your no Softlaw by any means, but I liked your use of the label "drivel drones".  Very Softlaw'esque.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nice try burrito. You know he's one and the same.

As for the clown, I say 90-92 wins and you now come out of the blue with 87-90, and somehow I am all wet for thinking they are just slightly better than you do. 90 wins will mean they are in the race to the last 3-5 days. 92 wins will probably win the WC or be in it to the last day or 2.

I'm still waiting for you to set the goalpost in one place and tell us what Jake needs to do over this full season to please you and what you think a capable 6th starter should put up for numbers. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Joe Maddon's team alway have great speed.  Once they get on base, they will run. That is why they are finding a way to score easy runs via good base running.  Also Tampa's #4 and #5 pitcher are a better pitcher than Boston's #4 and #5 (Lackey and Dice K or Wakefield).  And Tampa alway have great defense especially Maddon love to play shift defense where he know how to limit the other team scoring runs. Maddon also love to use deep bench where he alway use different line up every day.  That is why Tampa is doing well!!!!!

Do not forget that Tampa made alot of trades in the past five to six years where they only gave up few players and return bunch of players where their farm system is loaded with talents. So that is why I am never surprise that Tampa will never be a forth or last place team in the next five years!  

The bad part about Tampa is that we all know that they could possible move out of Tampa in one of the day due lack of chance on building a new baseball stadium.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Well said.  Yes, the meaning of this thread goes beyond just this year. Of course, Tb could slump and fall out of the race much earlier than I expect. They has a tough season in 2009. It is certainly possible that softy will be sticking a dagger in me by early September, but I don't think so. There are many good teams this year. Part of the reason I think TB will be "in it to the end" is because I think no team will run away with the WC. I think 91-93 wins will take the last PO slot. If I am way wrong there, then the odds I am wrong on TB being in it to the end will drop.

This team is as good as last year's. They may even be better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I recall a poster named Softlaw who had this thread authored by "Boomerang" applauding his prescience on Beltre. As for wanting Kotchman to be the everday 1st bagger, that claim is more likely to be the work of someone who claimed the Twins couldn't afford Joe Mauer and 5 gold gloves mean "nothing". The author of this thread boasts about "sticking his neck out" when he posts nonsense without consequence. It's more like he sticks his backside out. As for the Rays, I would imagine that 87 to 90 would be the range for this pretender outfit. Boasting about the Rays in May is on the level of watching rain fall and claiming it's going to rain. I will enjoy taking to task that brave old Slavic dumbo when he tries to spin how the Rays won about what he predicted and that they "never went away" and "were in the race until the end". Some people called Mike Lowell insurance, so it's no suprise to see this "stick the neck out" thread that really has no definitive prediction on anything at all. Now, that's really stick the neck out;)
    Posted by majorleague

You recall a poster named Softlaw?  Hilarious!  Nice Try.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Part II: Tampa Bay Not Going Away : You recall a poster named Softlaw?  Hilarious!  Nice Try.
    Posted by jimdavis

Yeah, I got a kick outta that too Jim...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

majorleague's first post was May 9, 2011.

He claims he was not softy or GM.

He seems to have read a lot of their writings.

Can anyone here really believe that ML sat quietly for years readingsome/all of softy's posts without once writing a post himself? It's an impossible concept.

It's also impossible to have read softy's posts after May 9th. They are all gone.

softy=pretender=GM=clown=ML=basher/hater

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You forgot one thing Moon: He's a bore. Just too caught up in himself  and his allergic reation to being wrong to offer any "food for thought".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

TB still here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts