Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

The stupidity is so great, today, that it's impossible to discuss the issue of sexual behavior beyond the intellecutal level of an intoxicated adict.

"Age of consent" and "statutory rape" and "consenting adults" are the artifice of idiots.

American culture has never been more disturbed with regard to sexual behavior.

Examples please?

Thanks.

Turn on your tv, any channel for examples. Put in any movie for examples. Drive down the road and look at any billboard for examples. The culture is completely saturated with sexual images and inuendos, and you want examples?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The stupidity is so great, today, that it's impossible to discuss the issue of sexual behavior beyond the intellecutal level of an intoxicated adict.

"Age of consent" and "statutory rape" and "consenting adults" are the artifice of idiots.

Examples please?

Thanks.

Turn on your tv, any channel for examples. Put in any movie for examples. Drive down the road and look at any billboard for examples. The culture is completely saturated with sexual images and inuendos, and you want examples?

How many of these pop cultural examples show sexual predators preying on little boys, with revered icons covering up the mess?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to S5's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

He IS equating the two.

The guy has serious psychiatric problems and unfortunately, like many psychiatrically compromised people, refuses to recognize the need for help.

He really needs help.

I think he is just babbling. I am still waiting for those examples. I always give posters the benefit of the doubt because sometimes things don't translate well from speaking to writing..but it's hard to give this one the benefit of anything. It certainly sounds to me like he believes in a don't ask..don't tell policy when it comes to the sexual abuse of minors.

Babbling and redundancy in psychiatric terms is called 'perseveration'.

His continued babbling and redundancy about Ellsbury and Drew's contract etc. certainly is perseveration. 

Throwing in a little narcissistic personality disorder wouldn't be out of his parameters either.

Of course, as a defense mechanism, he'll accuse me of playing psychiatrist.

Hmmm...maybe Bill and Softy ARE the same person.  Bill accused me of that just this morning!

Are you kidding??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The societal indignation over Penn State is pitifully shallow and a projection to distract from how disturbed American culture is in regards to sexual behavior.

Perhaps the victims agree.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The societal indignation over Penn State is pitifully shallow and a projection to distract from how disturbed American culture is in regards to sexual behavior.

No, there is no equivalacy here.  The Penn State issue stands on its own.  You find someone that old with one of your under-aged children, you take a baseball bat to him.  There really is no need to try define that by comparison to anything else.  I find someone like that in my house, I really don't think he leaves.  And I'd be fine being judged by my peers.  What other adults do with each other you can debate all day long.  But it absolutely cannot be compared with Penn State.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

No, there is no equivalacy here.  The Penn State issue stands on its own.  You find someone that old with one of your under-aged children, you take a baseball bat to him.  There really is no need to try define that by comparison to anything else.  I find someone like that in my house, I really don't think he leaves.  And I'd be fine being judged by my peers.  What other adults do with each other you can debate all day long.  But it absolutely cannot be compared with Penn State.

Well said!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Post of the year - thank you Joey..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

The Paternos and their acolytes have been a smug cult for over 30 years, I witnessed it first-hand.  Their "superiority" allowed them great status amongst the weak minded (and vast riches).  The "superiority" myth has been dispelled but the riches remain at their Shore compound.  This lawsuit is the continuation of a delusion centered around a football coach on a pedestal.  Successful football coaches who pretend to be virtous, with the help of some charitable giving, would probably stand on their mom's head to keep the power.

When Joe faced the biggest decision of his life, he chose to maintain his status rather than stop the child abuse. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:

The Paternos and their acolytes have been a smug cult for over 30 years, I witnessed it first-hand.  Their "superiority" allowed them great status amongst the weak minded and vast riches.  The "superiority" myth has been dispelled but the riches remain at their Shore compound.  This lawsuit is the continuation of a delusion centered around a football coach on a pedestal.  Successful football coaches who pretend to be virtous, with the help of some charitable giving, would probably stand on their mom's head to keep the power.

When Joe faced the biggest decision of his life, he chose to maintain his status rather than stop the child abuse. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.  

Well put

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

When Joe faced the biggest decision of his life, he chose to maintain his status rather than stop the child abuse.

Be specific on what Joe didn't do, legally, and what you would have done differently.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_mccann/11/09/joe.paterno/index.html

Regardless, the subject of the thread is in regards to the NCAA actions.

I'm not quite sure why you're defending him, and yet show little to no sympathy for the victims.

Unfortunately, I think I know the answer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

The sad tragedy is that people at Penn State knew how creepy this molestor Sandusky was with kids and yet from Paterno on down they consipred to cover it up because PS football was so lucrative. So now the Paterno family will pull a Clemens and use their legal/wealth power to try to whitewash the truth. Like Clemens however no one will care what the courts say or don't - the truth is obvious and horrible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

How many of these pop cultural examples show sexual predators preying on little boys, with revered icons covering up the mess?

Thank you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Examples please?

Thanks.

Oh so the problem is that America is saturated with sexual images and innuendos.

Oh how horrible.

What will we ever do?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Again give an example of how "distured American Culture is in regards to sexual behavior". it is almost that you are afraid to do so.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I'm not afraid of fascism and propaganda. "Consenting adults" as a sexual behavior value standard is your example.

You still haven't provided any context to what your point is. What makes America's  attitude towards "consenting adults" much worse than in the past.

Just say it. Don't be scared.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I'm not afraid of fascism and propaganda. "Consenting adults" as a sexual behavior value standard is your example.

You still haven't provided any context to what your point is. What makes America's  attitude towards "consenting adults" much worse than in the past.

Just say it. Don't be scared.

Wow.

Almost 24 hrs and Softy is at a loss for words.

What a know-nothing blowhard...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

"Consenting adults" wasn't the sexual behavioral value standard of the past. The issue isn't "atttitude towards consenting adults", though it's not suprising that you would drone the issue in that way.

"Consenting adults" as The sexual behavior standard is the issue!

The past was much more deviant than today. Ben Franklin made no bones about his love of ladies of the night. We live in one of the most sexually repressed countries in the world. Teaching people that even the thought of sex is bad leads to deviance like pedophilia, high STD rates, and unwanted pregencies. The drastic decrease of teen age pregency has pretty much to do with the move away from abstinace only education. I mean the rate is historically low right now. Before you quip about abort, the rate I am refering is solely based on pregrencies not births.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

"Consenting adults" wasn't the sexual behavioral value standard of the past. The issue isn't "atttitude towards consenting adults", though it's not suprising that you would drone the issue in that way.

"Consenting adults" as The sexual behavior standard is the issue!

Where I think you are misguided is in your assumption that 'sexual behavioral value standard's of the past signifies that 'deviant' sexual behavior was somehow less pervasive. Just because behavior is hidden does not mean it is not there.  

Sections
Shortcuts