Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Thousands of years and thousands of cultures say that marraige is between a man and a woman.  Societies need to reproduce themselves to survive, simple

For thousands of years thousands of cultures thought the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thousands of years and thousands of cultures say that marraige is between a man and a woman.  Societies need to reproduce themselves to survive, simple

Being that only about 2 percent of the population is gay, reproducing shouldn't be an issue.

[/QUOTE]

I read a newspaper article years ago while I was staying with my in-laws in new bedford.  The ssad comuntiy in province town were complaining that their schools were closing and tourisim was low. They somehow blamed the rich in their big houses.  Really?

The reason their where no kids in the schools and tourisim was down is pretty clear.  Gay communities are sprining up around the country.  How will they become multigenerational.

Men and women are made to go together, their bodies fit and they are made to procreate.  Those with ssad simply are not made to fit together in the same intimate way as a man and woman.  There seems to be something wrong with a group of people who can't reproduce themselves.  All creatures great and small need to be able to reproduce.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Being that only about 2 percent of the population is gay, reproducing shouldn't be an issue.

[/QUOTE]

I read a newspaper article years ago while I was staying with my in-laws in new bedford.  The ssad comuntiy in province town were complaining that their schools were closing and tourisim was low. They somehow blamed the rich in their big houses.  Really?

The reason their where no kids in the schools and tourisim was down is pretty clear.  Gay communities are sprining up around the country.  How will they become multigenerational.

Men and women are made to go together, their bodies fit and they are made to procreate.  Those with ssad simply are not made to fit together in the same intimate way as a man and woman.  There seems to be something wrong with a group of people who can't reproduce themselves.  All creatures great and small need to be able to reproduce.

[/QUOTE]

Except today, this can be achieved by other means

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Schools are closing and tourism is low because gays are moving into neighborhoods?

And surely you aren't saying that only couples who can reproduce should be allowed to get married.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Also, not sure what any of this has to do with Jerry Sandusky or the Paternos' lawsuit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except today, this can be achieved by other means

[/QUOTE]

That brings us to another slippery slope.  Many eggs must be fertilized to start the process.  Multiple eggs are implanted to insure pregnancy.  If more than one baby starts to grow the couple can abort the unwanted babies in the mother's womb.  This happens all the time.

The mother has to say to the doctor "kill my two daughers but save my son" or visa versa.  How can a mother do such a thing and keep her mother's heart.  I am a mother and can not comprehend how a woman can choose to kill one child in her womb and keep another.  I have worked with post abortion women.  Once they realise they have indeed killed their child they suffer deep remorse.  I will never forget the sound of a woman crying who had realized she had killed her child. It haunts me to this day.

The other problem is that there are tens of thousands of frozen fertilized eggs in our country.  What do we do with them.  They are little frozen lives.  People who get divorced have fought over them.

You see, once you start messing with God's plan it gets messier and messier.  Problems are created then more problems are created by trying to fix the first problem

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to devildavid's comment:

If consent between adults (within the law) is not the standard for all adult behavior toward each other, what is?

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Thousands of years and thousands of cultures say that marraige between a man and a woman.  Societies need to reproduce themselves to survive, simple

So, by maintaining marriage exlusivity between man and woman, we can make gay people attracted to opposite sex and reproduce?  If we allow same-sex marriage, people who might otherwise be reproducing might be persuaded to be gay?

Not what I said.  I think you are smart enough to understand my meaning, you just don't want to accept it.

Then how does gay marriage effect a society, the same people will be gay or straight regardless? If 90% continues to have marry and have children, why does it matter if the other 10% have at least the ability to wed. You don't have get gay married or even go to your church that supports gay marriage. You have yet to explain why 10% gaining the rights that 90% of the population currently has, is bad other than your personal religious beliefs that you can't force me to have morally or legally.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Schools are closing and tourism is low because gays are moving into neighborhoods?

And surely you aren't saying that only couples who can reproduce should be allowed to get married.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I read that article in a new bedford newspaper about provence town.  Believe me or not, don't care.

And no, tha'ts not what I'm saying.  I think you know that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Yes, I read that article in a new bedford newspaper about provence town.  Believe me or not, don't care.

I honestly didn't know what you were saying. As for the article, did it say people were leaving town and not visiting because of gay people?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

If consent between adults (within the law) is not the standard for all adult behavior toward each other, what is?

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Thousands of years and thousands of cultures say that marraige between a man and a woman.  Societies need to reproduce themselves to survive, simple

So, by maintaining marriage exlusivity between man and woman, we can make gay people attracted to opposite sex and reproduce?  If we allow same-sex marriage, people who might otherwise be reproducing might be persuaded to be gay?

Not what I said.  I think you are smart enough to understand my meaning, you just don't want to accept it.

Then how does gay marriage effect a society, the same people will be gay or straight regardless? If 90% continues to have marry and have children, why does it matter if the other 10% have at least the ability to wed. You don't have get gay married or even go to your church that supports gay marriage. You have yet to explain why 10% gaining the rights that 90% of the population currently has, is bad other than your personal religious beliefs that you can't force me to have morally or legally.

I worked in the wedding industry for years.  I had to become and LLC to protect myself from law suites from those with ssad.  They were suing people who would not provide services for their wedding.  There are many out their who will provide services for their wedding so those with ssad had many options.  If I wasn't an LLC I could have lost not only my business, house, car and everything I own if I were sued.

They were suing bakers for not providing cakes, invitation suppliers, etc.  I was contacted by different people to participate in bridal fairs.  I usually didn't answer.  A gay group contacted me over and over again. I felt like I was being harrast.

I live in a state that requires that marriage be between a man and woman.  If I didn't I would have to rent out any property I had to a couple with ssad which goes against my religious beliefs.

If you say anything negative about people with ssad it is considered hate speach.  This means that religious leaders may not speak from the pulpit about this issue.  This is already happening in Ireland.

None of us lives on an island.  Those in any given society are intertwined.  Changing the rules of marriage affects us all.  The new sex ed class in NY teaches kids how to perform ssad acts.  We are all being affected by this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I honestly didn't know what you were saying. As for the article, did it say people were leaving town and not visiting because of gay people?

I read the article years ago.  What I remember is this.  Those with ssad who live in province town were complaining because tourism was down and school enrollment was down.

I think the school think is obvious.

I hadn't been to ptown in many years.  I didn't know it had become a gay community.  I went to visit with my husband years ago.

I remember going my with my mom then my friends when I got older.  I remember cute gift shops, places to get ice cream and salt water taffy.  I remember it being crowded with families and young people.

When I went with my husband I didn't see many of the cute shops I remember.  I did see a homosexual s e x shop with some perverted items on display in the window.  I won't mention the name of the shop.

I didn't seem families with kids.  I did see guys in drag skating in the street.  I did see people in the street trying to get us to go into their gay shows.  I think it's obvious why tourism is down.  I'll never go back their and certainly won't bring by granddaughter there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

I worked in the wedding industry for years.  I had to become and LLC to protect myself from law suites from those with ssad.  They were suing people who would not provide services for their wedding.  There are many out their who will provide services for their wedding so those with ssad had many options.  If I wasn't an LLC I could have lost not only my business, house, car and everything I own if I were sued.

They were suing bakers for not providing cakes, invitation suppliers, etc.  I was contacted by different people to participate in bridal fairs.  I usually didn't answer.  A gay group contacted me over and over again. I felt like I was being harrast.

I live in a state that requires that marriage be between a man and woman.  If I didn't I would have to rent out any property I had to a couple with ssad which goes against my religious beliefs.

If you say anything negative about people with ssad it is considered hate speach.  This means that religious leaders may not speak from the pulpit about this issue.  This is already happening in Ireland.

None of us lives on an island.  Those in any given society are intertwined.  Changing the rules of marriage affects us all.  The new sex ed class in NY teaches kids how to perform ssad acts.  We are all being affected by this.

[/QUOTE]

Referring to being gay is disorder to bigoted. It is used by groups that claim you can turn straight, if you are gay. You don't believe you can pray the gay away?

In the 50's you would have been able to not rent your property to blacks, if really think that was a fun time lets bring back our old pal Jim. Do you not rent out your property to other religions too? Where in religious texts does it state don't do business with gays? It does say don't do business on Saturday which I bet is your busiest day of the week.

I sincerely don't care about your religious belief because they don't and shouldn't have anything to do with me. However you act like gay is contagious, which you said it isn't. If you can't  catch gay how does gay people getting married or even information about gays in sex ed really matter?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I read the article years ago.  What I remember is this.  Those with ssad who live in province town were complaining because tourism was down and school enrollment was down.

I hadn't been to ptown in many years.  I didn't know it had become a gay community.  I went to visit with my husband years ago.

I remember going my with my mom then my friends when I got older.  I remember cute gift shops, places to get ice cream and salt water taffy.  I remember it being crowded with families and young people.

When I went with my husband I didn't see many of the cute shops I remember.  I did see a homosexual s e x shop with some perverted items on display in the window.  I won't mention the name of the shop.

I didn't seem families with kids.  I did see guys in drag skating in the street.  I did see people in the street trying to get us to go into their gay shows.  I think it's obvious why tourism is down.  I'll never go back their and certainly won't bring by granddaughter there.

Needless to say, that's certainly your right. I wouldn't want my children seeing stores with perverted sex items on display, either -- be they homosexual or heterosexual.

I agree with your earlier point that our culture is becoming too bombarded with explicit sexual material. Honestly, I believe the violent content in TV, movies and video games is far worse. Watching an NBA playoff game with my 12-year-old the other day, an ad for a movie came on that showed nothing but gunfire, explosions, killings ... and  it was rated  PG-13.

I saw earlier in this thread that you abhor what happened at Penn State and believe the lawsuit to be ridiculous. I totally agree. What I don't understand is what Point A has to do with Point B. Or what any of it has to do with homosexuality.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

Referring to being gay is disorder to bigoted. It is used by groups that claim you can turn straight, if you are gay. You don't believe you can pray the gay away?

No it's not.  Years ago the phsyciatric community gave them this label.  Without any studies to prove this behavior is not a disorder the community changed it. The PC cops did their job. So if you can't 'turn straight' once you are gay how do you explain away people who do like my friends sister.

In the 50's you would have been able to not rent your property to blacks, if really think that was a fun time lets bring back our old pal Jim. Do you not rent out your property to other religions too? Where in religious texts does it state don't do business with gays? It does say don't do business on Saturday which I bet is your busiest day of the week.

Being black and having ssad are two different things.  Being black is natural. Black men marry women, black women marry men.  I'm not jewish lol, sunday is my day of rest.

I sincerely don't care about your religious belief because they don't and shouldn't have anything to do with me. However you act like gay is contagious, which you said it isn't. gay how does gay people getting married or even information about gays in sex ed really matter?

I have explained how those with ssad are affecting us already.  You don't care about my religious beliefs but I do have the right to them, freedom of religion is still one of my rights.  So is freedom of speach. If you think that teaching kids how to perform ssad acts is ok then we live on different planets my friend.

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Needless to say, that's certainly your right. I wouldn't want my children seeing stores with perverted sex items on display, either -- be they homosexual or heterosexual.

I agree with your earlier point that our culture is becoming too bombarded with explicit sexual material. Honestly, I believe the violent content in TV, movies and video games is far worse. Watching an NBA playoff game with my 12-year-old the other day, an ad for a movie came on that showed nothing but gunfire, explosions, killings ... and  it was rated  PG-13.

I saw earlier in this thread that you abhor what happened at Penn State and believe the lawsuit to be ridiculous. I totally agree. What I don't understand is what Point A has to do with Point B.

[/QUOTE]

I remember watching football with my sons when they were younger.  A victorias secret add came on.  I, as a woman, felt I should be able to watch a game on tv with my sons without this smut.  When I watched games with my dad we didn't have this problem.

Point A has nothing to do with point B, just throwing my two cents in ;0)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, actually, I am not smart enough apparently.  I am hoping you can enlighten me, because, if the point is not that allowing same sex marriage will stifle reproduction, then I a have difficulty making the connection between your two sentences.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, actually, I am not smart enough apparently.  I am hoping you can enlighten me, because, if the point is not that allowing same sex marriage will stifle reproduction, then I a have difficulty making the connection between your two sentences.

[/QUOTE]

OK, here goes...

Men and women have bodies that are made for each other, they fit together perfectly.

Those with ssad do not have bodies that are made for each other, they do not fit together at all.

All creatures on earth need to reproduce to survive.

A man and a woman, who have bodies that are made for each other, are the ones who are reproducing mankind.

Those with ssad, who do not have bodies that are made for each other, cannot reproduce mankind.  This is not a natural way of being in creation.  If a group of creatures can't reproduce themselves they will die out.  How can this be natural, how can it be normal, how would the so called 'gay gene' be passed to the offspring.  If those with ssad didn't repoduce with the opposite sex they would have died out ages ago.  How does this make sense in the natural order.

In the world of evolution one could argue that if there were a ssad gene those with the gene would have somehow evolved so they could fit together and reproduce. Survival of the fitest. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

No it's not.  Years ago the phsyciatric community gave them this label.  Without any studies to prove this behavior is not a disorder the community changed it. The PC cops did their job. So if you can't 'turn straight' once you are gay how do you explain away people who do like my friends sister.

Being black and having ssad are two different things.  Being black is natural. Black men marry women, black women marry men.  I'm not jewish lol, sunday is my day of rest.

I sincerely don't care about your religious belief because they don't and shouldn't have anything to do with me. However you act like gay is contagious, which you said it isn't. gay how does gay people getting married or even information about gays in sex ed really matter?

I have explained how those with ssad are affecting us already.  You don't care about my religious beliefs but I do have the right to them, freedom of religion is still one of my rights.  So is freedom of speach. If you think that teaching kids how to perform ssad acts is ok then we live on different planets my friend.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    This is silly you can't use a disgraced psych term. Maybe if we drill holes in their head they will be fine? People do because a natural progression of sexual and gender indentity. No one could sit there and tell her to go good be straight. No one made her gay, no one made her straight. I would doubt she would claim she woke up one day and was like I want to be straight today.

Discrimination is discrimination regardless if is justified by beliefs or not. Yes but in Leviticus, which is what you are basing most of you beliefs on homosexuality on, states you can't make money on Saturday. When Paul said you don't need to follow Leviticus to be a Christian what makes you decide you should follow x but not y? 

What are you taking about with New York? Schendaty still tells kids to seek help if you are attracted to the same sex. Other then NY, which I feel you don't have half the facts, you still have said how it affects you. You realize sodomy is limited to gay people right? How is your life made worse by gay marriage? You have your right to religion but you don't have the right to have it legally enforce. I am a catholic but I don't think resturants should stop selling meat on Fridays.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK, here goes...

Men and women have bodies that are made for each other, they fit together perfectly.

Those with ssad do not have bodies that are made for each other, they do not fit together at all.

A man and a woman, who have bodies that are made for each other, are the ones who are reproducing mankind.

Those with ssad, who do not have bodies that are made for each other, cannot reproduce mankind.  This is not a natural way of being in creation.  If a group of creatures can't reproduce themselves they will die out.  How can this be natural, how can it be normal, how would the so called 'gay gene' be passed to the offspring.  If those with ssad didn't repoduce with the opposite sex they would have died out ages ago.  How does this make sense in the natural order.

In the world of evolution one could argue that if there were a ssad gene those with the gene would have somehow evolved so they could fit together and reproduce. Survival of the fitest. 

[/QUOTE]

Evolution has nothing to do with surival of the fittest.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

- Thomas Jefferson

OK, here goes...

OK.  I can see your line of thinking here clearly.  Just wanted to make sure that your statement in the post I called into question was in fact a non-linear leap that didn't really make sense.  

With your above explanation, I can certainly make out your thought process as far as why homosexuality is not part of the natural order.

Of course, i would offer that it is in fact just the opposite.  So many serious problems facing our world today are due to overpopulation.  I posit that, if anything, homesexuality is nature's (or God's if you wish) easy way of restoring balance.  I can get with your logic only if you also believe that medicine, food production, mechanization and all of the elements that have developed in human history to make survival more possible, if you believe those elements are not natural as well.  

My position is exactly the opposite of yours:  you are worried about humans dying out from lack of reproduction.  I am worried about humans dying out from too much reproduction.  I believe in balance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Also, not sure what any of this has to do with Jerry Sandusky or the Paternos' lawsuit.

I can assure you that the Paterno lawsuit has nothing to do with the children - it is simply a means to keep the cash cow coming of wealth and privilige now that JoePa is dead...these people need to go away - just like JoePa did when he allowed Sandusky a football office to recruit kids for his pedophilia

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

I can assure you that the Paterno lawsuit has nothing to do with the children - it is simply a means to keep the cash cow coming of wealth and privilige now that JoePa is dead...these people need to go away - just like JoePa did when he allowed Sandusky a football office to recruit kids for his pedophilia

Hey Geo, I hope the procedures went well?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It did Amp! TY for asking - all is well/clear!  whew...Tongue Out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

http://geography.about.com/od/populationgeography/a/zero.htm

- Thomas Jefferson

OK, here goes...

OK.  I can see your line of thinking here clearly.  Just wanted to make sure that your statement in the post I called into question was in fact a non-linear leap that didn't really make sense.  

With your above explanation, I can certainly make out your thought process as far as why homosexuality is not part of the natural order.

Of course, i would offer that it is in fact just the opposite.  So many serious problems facing our world today are due to overpopulation.  I posit that, if anything, homesexuality is nature's (or God's if you wish) easy way of restoring balance.  I can get with your logic only if you also believe that medicine, food production, mechanization and all of the elements that have developed in human history to make survival more possible, if you believe those elements are not natural as well.  

My position is exactly the opposite of yours:  you are worried about humans dying out from lack of reproduction.  I am worried about humans dying out from too much reproduction.  I believe in balance.

Please look at the link at the top of this post, sorry I put it in the wrong place.  There is negative population growth in the world.  We would have zero to negative population growth in this country if it wasn't for the imigrant population. I believe france, sweden and other countries have the same problem. One country was paying it's citizens to have kids, it may have been france but I could be wrong.

There is a fear that there won't be enough people around to take care of us old folks.  I think negative and zero population growth is the problem of the day so those with ssad is not a solution.

Medicine, food etc. is a product of our natural intelligence and hard work so I do believe they and other advancements are part of the natural order.

Thank-you for having a nice debate with me, it's refreshing not to be called names Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It did Amp! TY for asking - all is well/clear!  whew...Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]
    I don't know what procedures you had but I'm glad you are ok!