Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[QUOTE]

http://geography.about.com/od/populationgeography/a/zero.htm

In response to devildavid's comment:

If consent between adults (within the law) is not the standard for all adult behavior toward each other, what is?

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Thousands of years and thousands of cultures say that marraige between a man and a woman.  Societies need to reproduce themselves to survive, simple

So, by maintaining marriage exlusivity between man and woman, we can make gay people attracted to opposite sex and reproduce?  If we allow same-sex marriage, people who might otherwise be reproducing might be persuaded to be gay?

Not what I said.  I think you are smart enough to understand my meaning, you just don't want to accept it.

No, actually, I am not smart enough apparently.  I am hoping you can enlighten me, because, if the point is not that allowing same sex marriage will stifle reproduction, then I a have difficulty making the connection between your two sentences.

OK, here goes...

Men and women have bodies that are made for each other, they fit together perfectly.

Those with ssad do not have bodies that are made for each other, they do not fit together at all.

All creatures on earth need to reproduce to survive.

A man and a woman, who have bodies that are made for each other, are the ones who are reproducing mankind.

Those with ssad, who do not have bodies that are made for each other, cannot reproduce mankind.  This is not a natural way of being in creation.  If a group of creatures can't reproduce themselves they will die out.  How can this be natural, how can it be normal, how would the so called 'gay gene' be passed to the offspring.  If those with ssad didn't repoduce with the opposite sex they would have died out ages ago.  How does this make sense in the natural order.

In the world of evolution one could argue that if there were a ssad gene those with the gene would have somehow evolved so they could fit together and reproduce. Survival of the fitest. 

OK.  I can see your line of thinking here clearly.  Just wanted to make sure that your statement in the post I called into question was in fact a non-linear leap that didn't really make sense.  

With your above explanation, I can certainly make out your thought process as far as why homosexuality is not part of the natural order.

Of course, i would offer that it is in fact just the opposite.  So many serious problems facing our world today are due to overpopulation.  I posit that, if anything, homesexuality is nature's (or God's if you wish) easy way of restoring balance.  I can get with your logic only if you also believe that medicine, food production, mechanization and all of the elements that have developed in human history to make survival more possible, if you believe those elements are not natural as well.  

My position is exactly the opposite of yours:  you are worried about humans dying out from lack of reproduction.  I am worried about humans dying out from too much reproduction.  I believe in balance.

Please look at the link at the top of this post, sorry I put it in the wrong place.  There is negative population growth in the world.  We would have zero to negative population growth in this country if it wasn't for the imigrant population. I believe france, sweden and other countries have the same problem. One country was paying it's citizens to have kids, it may have been france but I could be wrong.

There is a fear that there won't be enough people around to take care of us old folks.  I think negative and zero population growth is the problem of the day so those with ssad is not a solution.

Medicine, food etc. is a product of our natural intelligence and hard work so I do believe they and other advancements are part of the natural order.

Thank-you for having a nice debate with me, it's refreshing not to be called names Smile

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough 67.  FWIW, though I do understand the economic implications in a system which needs massive consumption to survive, I think a little negative/zero population growth is a perfectly, well, natural balancing phenomenon.  Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If consent between adults (within the law) is not the standard for all adult behavior toward each other, what is?

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Thousands of years and thousands of cultures say that marraige between a man and a woman.  Societies need to reproduce themselves to survive, simple

So, by maintaining marriage exlusivity between man and woman, we can make gay people attracted to opposite sex and reproduce?  If we allow same-sex marriage, people who might otherwise be reproducing might be persuaded to be gay?

Not what I said.  I think you are smart enough to understand my meaning, you just don't want to accept it.

Then how does gay marriage effect a society, the same people will be gay or straight regardless? If 90% continues to have marry and have children, why does it matter if the other 10% have at least the ability to wed. You don't have get gay married or even go to your church that supports gay marriage. You have yet to explain why 10% gaining the rights that 90% of the population currently has, is bad other than your personal religious beliefs that you can't force me to have morally or legally.

I worked in the wedding industry for years.  I had to become and LLC to protect myself from law suites from those with ssad.  They were suing people who would not provide services for their wedding.  There are many out their who will provide services for their wedding so those with ssad had many options.  If I wasn't an LLC I could have lost not only my business, house, car and everything I own if I were sued.

They were suing bakers for not providing cakes, invitation suppliers, etc.  I was contacted by different people to participate in bridal fairs.  I usually didn't answer.  A gay group contacted me over and over again. I felt like I was being harrast.

I live in a state that requires that marriage be between a man and woman.  If I didn't I would have to rent out any property I had to a couple with ssad which goes against my religious beliefs.

If you say anything negative about people with ssad it is considered hate speach.  This means that religious leaders may not speak from the pulpit about this issue.  This is already happening in Ireland.

None of us lives on an island.  Those in any given society are intertwined.  Changing the rules of marriage affects us all.  The new sex ed class in NY teaches kids how to perform ssad acts.  We are all being affected by this.

[/QUOTE]

Referring to being gay is disorder to bigoted. It is used by groups that claim you can turn straight, if you are gay. You don't believe you can pray the gay away?

No it's not.  Years ago the phsyciatric community gave them this label.  Without any studies to prove this behavior is not a disorder the community changed it. The PC cops did their job. So if you can't 'turn straight' once you are gay how do you explain away people who do like my friends sister.

In the 50's you would have been able to not rent your property to blacks, if really think that was a fun time lets bring back our old pal Jim. Do you not rent out your property to other religions too? Where in religious texts does it state don't do business with gays? It does say don't do business on Saturday which I bet is your busiest day of the week.

Being black and having ssad are two different things.  Being black is natural. Black men marry women, black women marry men.  I'm not jewish lol, sunday is my day of rest.

I sincerely don't care about your religious belief because they don't and shouldn't have anything to do with me. However you act like gay is contagious, which you said it isn't. gay how does gay people getting married or even information about gays in sex ed really matter?

I have explained how those with ssad are affecting us already.  You don't care about my religious beliefs but I do have the right to them, freedom of religion is still one of my rights.  So is freedom of speach. If you think that teaching kids how to perform ssad acts is ok then we live on different planets my friend.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    This is silly you can't use a disgraced psych term. Maybe if we drill holes in their head they will be fine? People do because a natural progression of sexual and gender indentity. No one could sit there and tell her to go good be straight. No one made her gay, no one made her straight. I would doubt she would claim she woke up one day and was like I want to be straight today.

Discrimination is discrimination regardless if is justified by beliefs or not. Yes but in Leviticus, which is what you are basing most of you beliefs on homosexuality on, states you can't make money on Saturday. When Paul said you don't need to follow Leviticus to be a Christian what makes you decide you should follow x but not y? 

What are you taking about with New York? Schendaty still tells kids to seek help if you are attracted to the same sex. Other then NY, which I feel you don't have half the facts, you still have said how it affects you. You realize sodomy is limited to gay people right? How is your life made worse by gay marriage? You have your right to religion but you don't have the right to have it legally enforce. I am a catholic but I don't think resturants should stop selling meat on Fridays.

[/QUOTE]

If you are catholic then you should know that we are under the new covenant, the one Christ shed his blood for.

God made, I believe, 5 covenants with his people. It started with one person, and progressed to nations then all people.

The jews in the old testement are under the old covenant, their holy day is saturday.  We are under the new covenent, our holy day is sunday because that is the day Christ rose from the dead.

I guess I didn't make myself clear.  The s e x ed is being offered in new york city and I'm not wrong on this.

Please back up with fact that their is a natural progression of sexual identity.  I have heard this new term before, where are the facts to back up such a statement.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

No, actually, I am not smart enough apparently.  I am hoping you can enlighten me, because, if the point is not that allowing same sex marriage will stifle reproduction, then I a have difficulty making the connection between your two sentences.

OK, here goes...

Men and women have bodies that are made for each other, they fit together perfectly.

Those with ssad do not have bodies that are made for each other, they do not fit together at all.

A man and a woman, who have bodies that are made for each other, are the ones who are reproducing mankind.

Those with ssad, who do not have bodies that are made for each other, cannot reproduce mankind.  This is not a natural way of being in creation.  If a group of creatures can't reproduce themselves they will die out.  How can this be natural, how can it be normal, how would the so called 'gay gene' be passed to the offspring.  If those with ssad didn't repoduce with the opposite sex they would have died out ages ago.  How does this make sense in the natural order.

In the world of evolution one could argue that if there were a ssad gene those with the gene would have somehow evolved so they could fit together and reproduce. Survival of the fitest. 

OK.  I can see your line of thinking here clearly.  Just wanted to make sure that your statement in the post I called into question was in fact a non-linear leap that didn't really make sense.  

With your above explanation, I can certainly make out your thought process as far as why homosexuality is not part of the natural order.

Of course, i would offer that it is in fact just the opposite.  So many serious problems facing our world today are due to overpopulation.  I posit that, if anything, homesexuality is nature's (or God's if you wish) easy way of restoring balance.  I can get with your logic only if you also believe that medicine, food production, mechanization and all of the elements that have developed in human history to make survival more possible, if you believe those elements are not natural as well.  

My position is exactly the opposite of yours:  you are worried about humans dying out from lack of reproduction.  I am worried about humans dying out from too much reproduction.  I believe in balance.

Please look at the link at the top of this post, sorry I put it in the wrong place.  There is negative population growth in the world.  We would have zero to negative population growth in this country if it wasn't for the imigrant population. I believe france, sweden and other countries have the same problem. One country was paying it's citizens to have kids, it may have been france but I could be wrong.

There is a fear that there won't be enough people around to take care of us old folks.  I think negative and zero population growth is the problem of the day so those with ssad is not a solution.

Medicine, food etc. is a product of our natural intelligence and hard work so I do believe they and other advancements are part of the natural order.

Thank-you for having a nice debate with me, it's refreshing not to be called names Smile

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough 67.  FWIW, though I do understand the economic implications in a system which needs massive consumption to survive, I think a little negative/zero population growth is a perfectly, well, natural balancing phenomenon.  Wink

[/QUOTE]

There has always been natural reduction, plauges, weather and so on.  Unfortunatly wars reduce the population.

This reduction in population growth is due to birth control, abortions and women just not wanting kids.  This negative trend is not a good thing

I know growing up everyone was talking about how bad the population explosion was going to be, lack of food, water etc.

The lack of taxpayers is bad for the economy also.  Who is going to pay into social security?

With all of the above I think it's safe to say that it's not necessary to have people with ssad balance population growth. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

OK, here goes...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There has always been natural reduction, plauges, weather and so on.  Unfortunatly wars reduce the population.

This reduction in population growth is due to birth control, abortions and women just not wanting kids.  This negative trend is not a good thing

I know growing up everyone was talking about how bad the population explosion was going to be, lack of food, water etc.

The lack of taxpayers is bad for the economy also.  Who is going to pay into social security?

With all of the above I think it's safe to say that it's not necessary to have people with ssad balance population growth. 

[/QUOTE]

OK, where does the responsibility to populate end?  How many children satisfy God's will?  my wife and I have one beautiful daughter.  We are not planning on any more?  But we certainly could.  Are we eschewing our responsibility?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

Then how does gay marriage effect a society, the same people will be gay or straight regardless? If 90% continues to have marry and have children, why does it matter if the other 10% have at least the ability to wed. You don't have get gay married or even go to your church that supports gay marriage. You have yet to explain why 10% gaining the rights that 90% of the population currently has, is bad other than your personal religious beliefs that you can't force me to have morally or legally.

I worked in the wedding industry for years.  I had to become and LLC to protect myself from law suites from those with ssad.  They were suing people who would not provide services for their wedding.  There are many out their who will provide services for their wedding so those with ssad had many options.  If I wasn't an LLC I could have lost not only my business, house, car and everything I own if I were sued.

They were suing bakers for not providing cakes, invitation suppliers, etc.  I was contacted by different people to participate in bridal fairs.  I usually didn't answer.  A gay group contacted me over and over again. I felt like I was being harrast.

I live in a state that requires that marriage be between a man and woman.  If I didn't I would have to rent out any property I had to a couple with ssad which goes against my religious beliefs.

If you say anything negative about people with ssad it is considered hate speach.  This means that religious leaders may not speak from the pulpit about this issue.  This is already happening in Ireland.

None of us lives on an island.  Those in any given society are intertwined.  Changing the rules of marriage affects us all.  The new sex ed class in NY teaches kids how to perform ssad acts.  We are all being affected by this.

[/QUOTE]

Referring to being gay is disorder to bigoted. It is used by groups that claim you can turn straight, if you are gay. You don't believe you can pray the gay away?

No it's not.  Years ago the phsyciatric community gave them this label.  Without any studies to prove this behavior is not a disorder the community changed it. The PC cops did their job. So if you can't 'turn straight' once you are gay how do you explain away people who do like my friends sister.

In the 50's you would have been able to not rent your property to blacks, if really think that was a fun time lets bring back our old pal Jim. Do you not rent out your property to other religions too? Where in religious texts does it state don't do business with gays? It does say don't do business on Saturday which I bet is your busiest day of the week.

Being black and having ssad are two different things.  Being black is natural. Black men marry women, black women marry men.  I'm not jewish lol, sunday is my day of rest.

I sincerely don't care about your religious belief because they don't and shouldn't have anything to do with me. However you act like gay is contagious, which you said it isn't. gay how does gay people getting married or even information about gays in sex ed really matter?

I have explained how those with ssad are affecting us already.  You don't care about my religious beliefs but I do have the right to them, freedom of religion is still one of my rights.  So is freedom of speach. If you think that teaching kids how to perform ssad acts is ok then we live on different planets my friend.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    This is silly you can't use a disgraced psych term. Maybe if we drill holes in their head they will be fine? People do because a natural progression of sexual and gender indentity. No one could sit there and tell her to go good be straight. No one made her gay, no one made her straight. I would doubt she would claim she woke up one day and was like I want to be straight today.

Discrimination is discrimination regardless if is justified by beliefs or not. Yes but in Leviticus, which is what you are basing most of you beliefs on homosexuality on, states you can't make money on Saturday. When Paul said you don't need to follow Leviticus to be a Christian what makes you decide you should follow x but not y? 

What are you taking about with New York? Schendaty still tells kids to seek help if you are attracted to the same sex. Other then NY, which I feel you don't have half the facts, you still have said how it affects you. You realize sodomy is limited to gay people right? How is your life made worse by gay marriage? You have your right to religion but you don't have the right to have it legally enforce. I am a catholic but I don't think resturants should stop selling meat on Fridays.

[/QUOTE]

If you are catholic then you should know that we are under the new covenant, the one Christ shed his blood for.

God made, I believe, 5 covenants with his people. It started with one person, and progressed to nations then all people.

The jews in the old testement are under the old covenant, their holy day is saturday.  We are under the new covenent, our holy day is sunday because that is the day Christ rose from the dead.

I guess I didn't make myself clear.  The s e x ed is being offered in new york city and I'm not wrong on this.

Please back up with fact that their is a natural progression of sexual identity.  I have heard this new term before, where are the facts to back up such a statement.

[/QUOTE]

Homosexuality is viewed as sin because of Leviticus 18 and 20. In the new testament Paul, who is now viewed as fallible because views on women and slaves, never directly condemed homosexuality. There some extremely vague passages that some may consider prohibit homosexual but then again they are vague and he is fallible. In Gospels pedophile is spefically prohibited, but not homosexuality. In Mathew 19:12, according Clement of Alexander of the greatest Biblical scholars ever, acknowledges gays exisit and can get into Heaven. So there you go you actively choosing to to follow some of Leviticus and not parts of the others.

I have spent a couple hour looking into this. It is simply not true. You may be refering to Sexual Orientation Diveristy which just states it is okay to be gay,  how NY state decided to update its HIV/AIDS education, and how sex ed is now mandated in NYC. Please provide a link to this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_identity

I think you should read this book: http://www.amazon.com/About-Whoever-Imprint-Identity-Orientation/dp/0981450520/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370304677&sr=8-1&keywords=About+Whoever%3A+The+Social+Imprint+on+Identity+and+Orientation and get out of the 1950's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

OK, here goes...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK, where does the responsibility to populate end?  How many children satisfy God's will?  my wife and I have one beautiful daughter.  We are not planning on any more?  But we certainly could.  Are we eschewing our responsibility?

[/QUOTE]

Oh my!  This is a pretty deep question for this board LOL.  I think if we started down this road the mods would have a heart attack.Wink

We had a great debate, I really enjoyed 'talking' to you so let's just call it a day.  OK?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

"Consenting adults" wasn't the sexual behavioral value standard of the past. The issue isn't "atttitude towards consenting adults", though it's not suprising that you would drone the issue in that way.

"Consenting adults" as The sexual behavior standard is the issue!

What's your point?

Just say it. It will be okay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07790a.htm

The above is a wonderful resource to look at.  It talks about the catholic church and infalibiltiy.  Actually www.newadvent.org is a wonderful resource for catholics.  Paul has not been down graded in his teachings, I'm not sure where you got this information.

I'll get back to you on the other issues.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Homosexuality is viewed as sin because of Leviticus 18 and 20. In the new testament Paul, who is now viewed as fallible because views on women and slaves, never directly condemed homosexuality. There some extremely vague passages that some may consider prohibit homosexual but then again they are vague and he is fallible. In Gospels pedophile is spefically prohibited, but not homosexuality. In Mathew 19:12, according Clement of Alexander of the greatest Biblical scholars ever, acknowledges gays exisit and can get into Heaven. So there you go you actively choosing to to follow some of Leviticus and not parts of the others.

I have spent a couple hour looking into this. It is simply not true. You may be refering to Sexual Orientation Diveristy which just states it is okay to be gay,  how NY state decided to update its HIV/AIDS education, and how sex ed is now mandated in NYC. Please provide a link to this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_identity

I think you should read this book: http://www.amazon.com/About-Whoever-Imprint-Identity-Orientation/dp/0981450520/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370304677&sr=8-1&keywords=About+Whoever%3A+The+Social+Imprint+on+Identity+and+Orientation and get out of the 1950's.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Hey bosoxjoe5

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/parent_furor_at_bawdy_sex_ed_hdtJZVpYrFFtTZeVKMbGvN

This article from the new york post proves my point.

Paul has not been downgraded lol.  Where do you get your information.

www.newadvent.org is a great place to get good solid catholic info.

Of course those with ssad can get to heaven as long as they die in a state of grace which is being free from mortal sin.

In the beginning God made man and woman and told them to multiply.  Where is the paragraph in scripture that says God made man and man or woman and woman and told them to become intimate and not multiply.

In the bible marriage has never been between a man and man or woman and woman.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey bosoxjoe5

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/parent_furor_at_bawdy_sex_ed_hdtJZVpYrFFtTZeVKMbGvN

Of course those with ssad can get to heaven as long as they die in a state of grace which is being free from mortal sin.

In the beginning God made man and woman and told them to multiply.  Where is the paragraph in scripture that says God made man and man or woman and woman and told them to become intimate and not multiply.

The Bible, the book that was supposed to explain it all, really dropped the ball on homosexuality - you really have to do some serious interpreting to state firmly that it is a serious sin - You would think the Christ would say something about hisself if it were such a big deal....it wasnt (and quite common when considering the Greeks/Roman who rules that area practiced it frequently) It is just like when the Puritans came to the New World , the Bible had nothing to say about the other half of the world that existed (and was never mentioned) So what did they do? They improvised and soon enough smallpox was a gift from God so that Native Americans could be made Christian or dead (preferably both). There is no reason to follow any moral code created by folks who damned eating shellfish, menstruation, and other nonsense in the name of a superior being. I'm not an athiest but it is apparent people are just making shiet up when it comes to gays. They are not a threat to anything but bigoted people who take their marching orders from ancient Jews in captivity who had nothing better to do than write their story down (and many of these were lifted from mesopotamia Gilgamish/Flood/Garden of Eden)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

bosox

Please prove to me that there is a natural progression of sexual and gender identity.  Where is your proof?

My friend's sister went to girl scout camp when she was young and had a lesbian encounter.  This obviously affected her for years and of course she wasn't a lesbian. She rediscovered who she really was.  She latter met a man and has a good marraige.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hey bosoxjoe5

The Bible, the book that was supposed to explain it all, really dropped the ball on homosexuality - you really have to do some serious interpreting to state firmly that it is a serious sin - You would think the Christ would say something about hisself if it were such a big deal....it wasnt (and quite common when considering the Greeks/Roman who rules that area practiced it frequently) It is just like when the Puritans came to the New World , the Bible had nothing to say about the other half of the world that existed (and was never mentioned) So what did they do? They improvised and soon enough smallpox was a gift from God so that Native Americans could be made Christian or dead (preferably both). There is no reason to follow any moral code created by folks who damned eating shellfish, menstruation, and other nonsense in the name of a superior being. I'm not an athiest but it is apparent people are just making shiet up when it comes to gays. They are not a threat to anything but bigoted people who take their marching orders from ancient Jews in captivity who had nothing better to do than write their story down (and many of these were lifted from mesopotamia Gilgamish/Flood/Garden of Eden)

Aww,come on now, tell me how you really feelInnocent

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

And while Leviticus does say "thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, it is an abomination," it also can be read to forbid tattoos, sewing your fields with mingled seeds, wearing clothing of different fabric, and eating leftovers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Ah the morality brigade hijacks another thread! Those of you lamenting the lapse in morality in modern society need to take a look at some of the literature from the old world. Ancient Greece would have festivals featuring hundreds plays that for the most part had the subjects of rape, murder, and many other things you claim to be befouling youth today. Take a look at one of the most complete texts from the Sumerian civilization (indus valley/cradle of civilization) in Gilgamesh a story that begins with the king of the city boasting on he can take any woman in the city regardless of how married she may be. And then there is the bloodiest and most smut filled book ever written THE BIBLE. 

Now back to the topic of the thread that was hijacked. When people who saw themselves as being important are supposed to fade away they usually have a tough time fading away. Short and simple the paterno family needs to keep quiet a lot of people were hurt and its one of those times when its time to shut it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Hey bosoxjoe5

No it doesn't. This is a highly reactionary article. This class doesn't not teach anything that is not that actually deals with "homosexual acts". It seems like to me these are all heterosexual acts. Everything describe in this article can happen in a heterosexual relationships. The Go Ask Alice website is a pretty solid educational resource. Like many resources it has answers on things not apporate for all audiences. On top of this the class still preaches abstience. I find your reaction a reach. A fair reaction would be this should be tought by the parents but to say the are teaching homosexual acts is just a leap that is almost impossible to make. Teaching kids about sex doesn't make them gay. Not talking about sex doesn't stop kids from having sex. Gay people can disappear tomorrow and this class wouldn't change.

No one downgraded Paul. He is consider fallible on top of the he didn't have much to say on homosexuality. Do you follow Paul's preaching on women and slaves? My larger point, is that New Testament doesn't codemn gays.

The Catholic Church doesn't require it you to believe in creation. As a matter of fact the Church has stated you can believe in evolution and not contraction any teachings of the Catholic Church. It has been like this from the 50's. You are not require to hold the Old Testament as anything more than a morality play. I went to Catholic school and they taught us that sex is some special that should be shared between two people who love each other enough to marry each other. They said you should only have sex if you are ready baby, but they never taught it was for just for procreation.

The Catholic Church sent a generation of African's to their deaths by telling them dying from AIDS was better than using a condom. This policy changed last year do to all the deaths it caused. New Advent post random articles found online about the Catholic Church. Where are the critical articles? Why not go to a Traditionalist web site and read about how the Vatican II was a mistake?

Please stop using SSAD it makes you sound like bigot and detracts from everything else you post regardless of how accurate.

There is no need for you to support gay marriage, but you shouldn't require the government to enforce your world view. If you don't believe in sex ed don't send your kids to public schools, but let others who would rather have their kids not get pregnet and not get AIDS have sex ed. The same with marriage, if you don't need to go to a church that supports gay marriage but let two adults sign a contract.

Christ is about love, to hold hateful views in your heart is working against Christ. Regardless of view you should love gay people like straight people.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Same-sex sexual proclivity and behavior is not a human idmaturity as the childish term projects into the intellectually dishonest narrative.

No human being can be scientifically identified based on sexual behavior. The issue of same-sex sexual behavior is a political agenda to change the values of the culture in regard to sexual behavior. Likewise, the "consenting adults" as the value standard for sexual behavior has zero moral authority and is complete hypocrisy.

The notion that "at the stroke of midnight on the birthday you can prove in Court" is the age one becomes a consenting adult who can now engage in the same sexual behavior as one sees in the culture is intellectually fallacious.

When youth is involved in crime, the state of mind determines mens rea or intellectual capacity to commit a criminal act, as opposed to delninquency.

As American culture completely divorces it's body politic from any moral authority, the popular behavioral value of "consenting adults" foments a disturbed youth, ruined by a completely irresponsible society voting for a body politic to pass the burden onto the public debt and the decreasing number of people who pay the bills for the federal government to operate.

Any society which lacks the self respect and discipline to respect moral authority for it's values and virtues is guaranteed a complete self destruction. No moral authority can come from mankind's body politic.

Back in the day the standard for a woman being an adult was after the first time they reached sexual maturity, are you suggesting that the age of consent should not exist and that 12 year old girls are marriable, because that is pretty disgusting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Hey bosoxjoe5

No it doesn't. This is a highly reactionary article.This class doesn't not teach anything that is not that actually deals with "homosexual acts". It seems like to me these are all heterosexual acts. Everything describe in this article can happen in a heterosexual relationships. The Go Ask Alice website is a pretty solid educational resource. Like many resources it has answers on things not apporate for all audiences. On top of this the class still preaches abstience. I find your reaction a reach. A fair reaction would be this should be tought by the parents but to say the are teaching homosexual acts is just a leap that is almost impossible to make. Teaching kids about sex doesn't make them gay. Not talking about sex doesn't stop kids from having sex. Gay people can disappear tomorrow and this class wouldn't change.

Yes it does and it is reactionary to you because you don't like what it says.

No one downgraded Paul. He is consider fallible on top of the he didn't have much to say on homosexuality. Do you follow Paul's preaching on women and slaves? My larger point, is that New Testament doesn't codemn gays.

Paul is not considered fallible by the catholic church, where do you get your information.

The Catholic Church doesn't require it you to believe in creation. As a matter of fact the Church has stated you can believe in evolution and not contraction any teachings of the Catholic Church.

The catholic still teaches that God created the heavens and the earth.  It also teaches that God uses evolution in his creation.  You can't throw creationism out the window and adopt evolution and say this is what the church teaches.

It has been like this from the 50's. You are not require to hold the Old Testament as anything more than a morality play. I went to Catholic school and they taught us that sex is some special that should be shared between two people who love each other enough to marry each other. They said you should only have sex if you are ready baby, but they never taught it was for just for procreation.

Where do you get your information, this is absolutly false.  The old and new testament make up the bible that catholics use and is considered inspired by the holy spirit. The catholic church has neve condoned homosexual unions.

The Catholic Church sent a generation of African's to their deaths by telling them dying from AIDS was better than using a condom. This policy changed last year do to all the deaths it caused. New Advent post random articles found online about the Catholic Church. Where are the critical articles? Why not go to a Traditionalist web site and read about how the Vatican II was a mistake?

Please prove that the church sent a generation of africans to their deaths.  The condom policy has not changed.  New advent is a solid catholic traditional site where you can learn about what the church really teaches.  Vatican ll has been misinterpreted by progressive catholics but not by those who follow the teaches of the pope and magisterium in rome.

Please stop using SSAD it makes you sound like bigot and detracts from everything else you post regardless of how accurate.

Sadd is the correct term and I will continue to use it.  I use the correct medical term and I'm called a bigot, really.

There is no need for you to support gay marriage, but you shouldn't require the government to enforce your world view.

In most if not all states that were given a vote in choosing to allow homosexual marriage the people have voted no so you see this isn't just my world view.

If you don't believe in sex ed don't send your kids to public schools, but let others who would rather have their kids not get pregnet and not get AIDS have sex ed.

I tried public schools but chose to send my kids to private school for a number of reasons.  When my younger child was in 4th grade in public school I opted him out of sex ed and the kids teased him terribly.  When I called to complain I was told in a very nasty manner that I was the only one who was opting my child out.  When I opted my older child out of public middle school he and another kid were made to write for an hour in the school library.  I complained and it stopped.

I taught my sons right from wrong.  Don't treat women like meat on a plate, they are persons who should be respected and wait till marriage.  My married son waited till the wedding night.  He said he wanted to do everything right because she was worth it.  Parents should take a greater role in the education of their children so we don't have to have strangers instill values and morals that we may not agree with.

The same with marriage, if you don't need to go to a church that supports gay marriage but let two adults sign a contract.

Please read through my prior posts to see why you are wrong.

Christ is about love, to hold hateful views in your heart is working against Christ. Regardless of view you should love gay people like straight people.

Christ did eat with sinners because they were in need of a doctor, those who were healthy didn't. He also told them that their sins were forgiven but to sin no more.  Love the sinner, hate the sin.  I don't hate and since you can't read hearts you should not say that I'm working agianst Jesus. As catholics we are taught not to hate so I don't.  I hope all people get to heaven so I love them as I do others but I can't love their sin because God finds it an abomination.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

There are no "gay people" and "straight people".  Complete nonsense! 

Thank-you. I'm straight, what the heck does that mean!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Same-sex sexual proclivity and behavior is not a human identity, as the childish term projects into the intellectually dishonest narrative.

No human being can be scientifically identified based on sexual behavior. The issue of same-sex sexual behavior is a political agenda to change the values of the culture in regard to sexual behavior. Likewise, the "consenting adults" as the value standard for sexual behavior has zero moral authority and is complete hypocrisy.

The notion that "at the stroke of midnight on the birthday you can prove in Court" is the age one becomes a consenting adult who can now engage in the same sexual behavior as one sees in the culture is intellectually fallacious.

When youth is involved in crime, the state of mind determines mens rea or intellectual capacity to commit a criminal act, as opposed to delninquency.

As American culture completely divorces it's body politic from any moral authority, the popular behavioral value of "consenting adults" foments a disturbed youth, ruined by a completely irresponsible society voting for a body politic to pass the burden onto the public debt and the decreasing number of people who pay the bills for the federal government to operate.

Any society which lacks the self respect and discipline to respect moral authority for it's values and virtues is guaranteed a complete self destruction. No moral authority can come from mankind's body politic.

Moral decay is a precurser to the fall of societies, rome being an example.  Thank-you for your well thought out post.  You will be lambasted but I admire your strength of conviction.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Moral decay is a precurser to the fall of societies, rome being an example.  Thank-you for your well thought out post.  You will be lambasted but I admire your strength of conviction.

-------------------------------------------

Rome fell largely due to a concentration of wealth issue 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

-------------------------------------------

Rome fell largely due to a concentration of wealth issue 

Being overextended as didn't help when the visgoths sacked Rome.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Softlaw and 67Sox are two of the people here I would have trusted baby-sitting my kids...no kidding.

I, too, admire '67Sox conviction.