Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

It was the decadent society smart-guy. Use your brain and not only wikipedia.com

And saying the empire lasted until the 15th century is much like saying the Marlins are still a MLB baseball team... it was a shadow of its former self at that point.

It was fairly decadent it is high point but after Constantine it greatly changed. It changed most of its unused civil buildings in to churches. They just could deal with the never ending hordes, which were pagan, invading. 

I like reading about the Byzantine Empire (Eastern Roman Empire)....

They were kind of screwed by Venice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

The Sandusky case is not just about society's disgust with his actions. It is also about society's outrage with betrayal by those who hold positions of trust who betray that trust. The technical details of consent or the acts themselves are not the only factor in our condemnation of such individuals. When parents place their children in the hands of those they expect to protect their children instead harm and exploit them, the betrayal felt is powerful. We have a right as a society to ensure such people cannot take advantage of our children. Certain position in life demand a higher standard of trust and we should always be on guard against violators of that trust and use every legal means to remove them from those positions.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I read the article years ago.  What I remember is this.  Those with ssad who live in province town were complaining because tourism was down and school enrollment was down.

I think the school think is obvious.

I hadn't been to ptown in many years.  I didn't know it had become a gay community.  I went to visit with my husband years ago.

I remember going my with my mom then my friends when I got older.  I remember cute gift shops, places to get ice cream and salt water taffy.  I remember it being crowded with families and young people.

When I went with my husband I didn't see many of the cute shops I remember.  I did see a homosexual s e x shop with some perverted items on display in the window.  I won't mention the name of the shop.

I didn't seem families with kids.  I did see guys in drag skating in the street.  I did see people in the street trying to get us to go into their gay shows.  I think it's obvious why tourism is down.  I'll never go back their and certainly won't bring by granddaughter there.

Needless to say, that's certainly your right. I wouldn't want my children seeing stores with perverted sex items on display, either -- be they homosexual or heterosexual.

I agree with your earlier point that our culture is becoming too bombarded with explicit sexual material. Honestly, I believe the violent content in TV, movies and video games is far worse. Watching an NBA playoff game with my 12-year-old the other day, an ad for a movie came on that showed nothing but gunfire, explosions, killings ... and  it was rated  PG-13.

I saw earlier in this thread that you abhor what happened at Penn State and believe the lawsuit to be ridiculous. I totally agree. What I don't understand is what Point A has to do with Point B.

I remember watching football with my sons when they were younger.  A victorias secret add came on.  I, as a woman, felt I should be able to watch a game on tv with my sons without this smut.  When I watched games with my dad we didn't have this problem.

Point A has nothing to do with point B, just throwing my two cents in ;0)

I would prefer to see no advertisement at all. In a free society we should be given a choice, but we're not. Regardless of individual religious or moral beliefs, capatalism is the prevailing dogma of our society and currency is the sacrament which we are force fed, like it or not. People can talk all they want to about freedom, but where is it? Who really has it?

Point C. Nothing to do with Points A or B, just throwing my two cents into the kitty. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

There is no universal moral authority. All moral authority comes from man and is enforced by man. Human behavior is controlled only by the limits society places on it which varies throughout history. Society is a creation of man and follow the rules that man decides to put in place at each time in history.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

The first thing this grifter family tried to pull after JoePa died was to maintain use of the school's private plane that was part of his contract....they literally had to be told that it wasnt for family use. 

As always - 100% correct!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to devildavid's comment:

If consent between adults (within the law) is not the standard for all adult behavior toward each other, what is?

- Thomas Jefferson

Thousands of years and thousands of cultures say that marraige between a man and a woman.  Societies need to reproduce themselves to survive, simple

So, by maintaining marriage exlusivity between man and woman, we can make gay people attracted to opposite sex and reproduce?  If we allow same-sex marriage, people who might otherwise be reproducing might be persuaded to be gay?

Not what I said.  I think you are smart enough to understand my meaning, you just don't want to accept it.

Then how does gay marriage effect a society, the same people will be gay or straight regardless? If 90% continues to have marry and have children, why does it matter if the other 10% have at least the ability to wed. You don't have get gay married or even go to your church that supports gay marriage. You have yet to explain why 10% gaining the rights that 90% of the population currently has, is bad other than your personal religious beliefs that you can't force me to have morally or legally.

I worked in the wedding industry for years.  I had to become and LLC to protect myself from law suites from those with ssad.  They were suing people who would not provide services for their wedding.  There are many out their who will provide services for their wedding so those with ssad had many options.  If I wasn't an LLC I could have lost not only my business, house, car and everything I own if I were sued.

They were suing bakers for not providing cakes, invitation suppliers, etc.  I was contacted by different people to participate in bridal fairs.  I usually didn't answer.  A gay group contacted me over and over again. I felt like I was being harrast.

I live in a state that requires that marriage be between a man and woman.  If I didn't I would have to rent out any property I had to a couple with ssad which goes against my religious beliefs.

If you say anything negative about people with ssad it is considered hate speach.  This means that religious leaders may not speak from the pulpit about this issue.  This is already happening in Ireland.

None of us lives on an island.  Those in any given society are intertwined.  Changing the rules of marriage affects us all.  The new sex ed class in NY teaches kids how to perform ssad acts.  We are all being affected by this.

[/QUOTE]

Referring to being gay is disorder to bigoted. It is used by groups that claim you can turn straight, if you are gay. You don't believe you can pray the gay away?

No it's not.  Years ago the phsyciatric community gave them this label.  Without any studies to prove this behavior is not a disorder the community changed it. The PC cops did their job. So if you can't 'turn straight' once you are gay how do you explain away people who do like my friends sister.

In the 50's you would have been able to not rent your property to blacks, if really think that was a fun time lets bring back our old pal Jim. Do you not rent out your property to other religions too? Where in religious texts does it state don't do business with gays? It does say don't do business on Saturday which I bet is your busiest day of the week.

Being black and having ssad are two different things.  Being black is natural. Black men marry women, black women marry men.  I'm not jewish lol, sunday is my day of rest.

I sincerely don't care about your religious belief because they don't and shouldn't have anything to do with me. However you act like gay is contagious, which you said it isn't. gay how does gay people getting married or even information about gays in sex ed really matter?

I have explained how those with ssad are affecting us already.  You don't care about my religious beliefs but I do have the right to them, freedom of religion is still one of my rights.  So is freedom of speach. If you think that teaching kids how to perform ssad acts is ok then we live on different planets my friend.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    This is silly you can't use a disgraced psych term. Maybe if we drill holes in their head they will be fine? People do because a natural progression of sexual and gender indentity. No one could sit there and tell her to go good be straight. No one made her gay, no one made her straight. I would doubt she would claim she woke up one day and was like I want to be straight today.

Discrimination is discrimination regardless if is justified by beliefs or not. Yes but in Leviticus, which is what you are basing most of you beliefs on homosexuality on, states you can't make money on Saturday. When Paul said you don't need to follow Leviticus to be a Christian what makes you decide you should follow x but not y? 

What are you taking about with New York? Schendaty still tells kids to seek help if you are attracted to the same sex. Other then NY, which I feel you don't have half the facts, you still have said how it affects you. You realize sodomy is limited to gay people right? How is your life made worse by gay marriage? You have your right to religion but you don't have the right to have it legally enforce. I am a catholic but I don't think resturants should stop selling meat on Fridays.

[/QUOTE]

If you are catholic then you should know that we are under the new covenant, the one Christ shed his blood for.

God made, I believe, 5 covenants with his people. It started with one person, and progressed to nations then all people.

The jews in the old testement are under the old covenant, their holy day is saturday.  We are under the new covenent, our holy day is sunday because that is the day Christ rose from the dead.

I guess I didn't make myself clear.  The s e x ed is being offered in new york city and I'm not wrong on this.

Please back up with fact that their is a natural progression of sexual identity.  I have heard this new term before, where are the facts to back up such a statement.

[/QUOTE]

Talk to the Seventh Day Adventists. For every belief there is at least one, if not many belief systems to counter it. There are many paths to what people belive is the truth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Society does not need to be pure of heart to condemn those who betray their trust. That is utopian thinking. Society can and will act according to the mores of the time and cast out those who violate their trust. Hypocrisy and justice go hand in hand and it does not matter. What matters is achieving the desired results. The law is not about morality, it is about who is accepted or rejected by society. That is the best it can do or ever has done. Personal morality is a separate issue that society at large rightly ignores.

- Thomas Jefferson

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A decadent society created massive inflation. That was the main cause of the fall of the Roman Empire.

No it was actually barbarian hordes from central Europe. The Roman Enpire lasted until the 15th century as a super religious empire.

[/QUOTE]

You are wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If consent between adults (within the law) is not the standard for all adult behavior toward each other, what is?

- Thomas Jefferson

Thousands of years and thousands of cultures say that marraige between a man and a woman.  Societies need to reproduce themselves to survive, simple

So, by maintaining marriage exlusivity between man and woman, we can make gay people attracted to opposite sex and reproduce?  If we allow same-sex marriage, people who might otherwise be reproducing might be persuaded to be gay?

Not what I said.  I think you are smart enough to understand my meaning, you just don't want to accept it.

Then how does gay marriage effect a society, the same people will be gay or straight regardless? If 90% continues to have marry and have children, why does it matter if the other 10% have at least the ability to wed. You don't have get gay married or even go to your church that supports gay marriage. You have yet to explain why 10% gaining the rights that 90% of the population currently has, is bad other than your personal religious beliefs that you can't force me to have morally or legally.

I worked in the wedding industry for years.  I had to become and LLC to protect myself from law suites from those with ssad.  They were suing people who would not provide services for their wedding.  There are many out their who will provide services for their wedding so those with ssad had many options.  If I wasn't an LLC I could have lost not only my business, house, car and everything I own if I were sued.

They were suing bakers for not providing cakes, invitation suppliers, etc.  I was contacted by different people to participate in bridal fairs.  I usually didn't answer.  A gay group contacted me over and over again. I felt like I was being harrast.

I live in a state that requires that marriage be between a man and woman.  If I didn't I would have to rent out any property I had to a couple with ssad which goes against my religious beliefs.

If you say anything negative about people with ssad it is considered hate speach.  This means that religious leaders may not speak from the pulpit about this issue.  This is already happening in Ireland.

None of us lives on an island.  Those in any given society are intertwined.  Changing the rules of marriage affects us all.  The new sex ed class in NY teaches kids how to perform ssad acts.  We are all being affected by this.

[/QUOTE]

Tell me, do you're religious beliefs include tolerance of others, or only tolerance for those of who you approve ?

[/QUOTE]

Pretty valid

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Moral decay is a precurser to the fall of societies, rome being an example.  Thank-you for your well thought out post.  You will be lambasted but I admire your strength of conviction.

-------------------------------------------

Rome fell largely due to a concentration of wealth issue 

Nope

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The Sandusky case is not just about society's disgust with his actions. It is also about society's outrage with betrayal by those who hold positions of trust who betray that trust. The technical details of consent or the acts themselves are not the only factor in our condemnation of such individuals. When parents place their children in the hands of those they expect to protect their children instead harm and exploit them, the betrayal felt is powerful. We have a right as a society to ensure such people cannot take advantage of our children. Certain position in life demand a higher standard of trust and we should always be on guard against violators of that trust and use every legal means to remove them from those positions.

- Thomas Jefferson

That was the original intent of this thread, but then the cranks chimed in

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

Referring to being gay is disorder to bigoted. It is used by groups that claim you can turn straight, if you are gay. You don't believe you can pray the gay away?

No it's not.  Years ago the phsyciatric community gave them this label.  Without any studies to prove this behavior is not a disorder the community changed it. The PC cops did their job. So if you can't 'turn straight' once you are gay how do you explain away people who do like my friends sister.

In the 50's you would have been able to not rent your property to blacks, if really think that was a fun time lets bring back our old pal Jim. Do you not rent out your property to other religions too? Where in religious texts does it state don't do business with gays? It does say don't do business on Saturday which I bet is your busiest day of the week.

Being black and having ssad are two different things.  Being black is natural. Black men marry women, black women marry men.  I'm not jewish lol, sunday is my day of rest.

I sincerely don't care about your religious belief because they don't and shouldn't have anything to do with me. However you act like gay is contagious, which you said it isn't. gay how does gay people getting married or even information about gays in sex ed really matter?

I have explained how those with ssad are affecting us already.  You don't care about my religious beliefs but I do have the right to them, freedom of religion is still one of my rights.  So is freedom of speach. If you think that teaching kids how to perform ssad acts is ok then we live on different planets my friend.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    This is silly you can't use a disgraced psych term. Maybe if we drill holes in their head they will be fine? People do because a natural progression of sexual and gender indentity. No one could sit there and tell her to go good be straight. No one made her gay, no one made her straight. I would doubt she would claim she woke up one day and was like I want to be straight today.

Discrimination is discrimination regardless if is justified by beliefs or not. Yes but in Leviticus, which is what you are basing most of you beliefs on homosexuality on, states you can't make money on Saturday. When Paul said you don't need to follow Leviticus to be a Christian what makes you decide you should follow x but not y? 

What are you taking about with New York? Schendaty still tells kids to seek help if you are attracted to the same sex. Other then NY, which I feel you don't have half the facts, you still have said how it affects you. You realize sodomy is limited to gay people right? How is your life made worse by gay marriage? You have your right to religion but you don't have the right to have it legally enforce. I am a catholic but I don't think resturants should stop selling meat on Fridays.

[/QUOTE]

If you are catholic then you should know that we are under the new covenant, the one Christ shed his blood for.

God made, I believe, 5 covenants with his people. It started with one person, and progressed to nations then all people.

The jews in the old testement are under the old covenant, their holy day is saturday.  We are under the new covenent, our holy day is sunday because that is the day Christ rose from the dead.

I guess I didn't make myself clear.  The s e x ed is being offered in new york city and I'm not wrong on this.

Please back up with fact that their is a natural progression of sexual identity.  I have heard this new term before, where are the facts to back up such a statement.

[/QUOTE]

Talk to the Seventh Day Adventists. For every belief there is at least one, if not many belief systems to counter it. There are many paths to what people belive is the truth

[/QUOTE]

Seventh day adventists arn't main stream christians so they don't apply.  They do not follow the same thinking as christian protestants and christian catholics.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

. What those in power in any society deem moral is what is moral for that time. It is all relative

Wrong. Morals don't change, which is the essense of truth. Values are what society deems as ethical, for that time.

The fall of Rome was not caused by one simplistic thing. Christianity was one factor that contributed to it.

The fall of Rome was caused by a decadent slothy and hedonistic society that created massive inflation. "Christianity" wasn't any factor at all. Had the Roman Empire remained a powerful economic force, it would not have been toppled by any or all of the conventionally held factors.

You are not only well spoken you are well read.  For those who have done extensive reading and not quick net searches know that you are correct.

American society is, in fact, self destructing in direct relation to the expansion of the federal body politic. The massive incomprehensible public debt and printing money/bond buyback money supply monetary policy is a result of domestic sloth and hedonism grounded in demoagogues using populism to pander entitlmenets and a body politic vision of a man-made utopian soceity.

You hit the nail on the head.  America is sleeping, nothing bad can happen to us we say.  I bet romans and british said the same thing when they were on top.

When the collapse and defaults come, the parasites' drone of "Christianity and greedy rich people is mankind's problem" will grow briefly silent as their own rats flee their collapising bureaucratic ivory towers. The indolent secular utopian deluded masses will suffer from the financial ruin that is coming from the certain self destruction guaranteed to a society who has no self-discipline and respect for moral authority.

As I said earlier my only consolation and it really isn't a consolation at all is that when the ship sinks we will all go down together.  Progressives don't have a magic life boat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seventh day adventists arn't main stream christians so they don't apply.  They do not follow the same thinking as christian protestants and christian catholics.

[/QUOTE]

So many nuanced views.  How can you be sure which is right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

There is no universal moral authority. All moral authority comes from man and is enforced by man. Human behavior is controlled only by the limits society places on it which varies throughout history. Society is a creation of man and follow the rules that man decides to put in place at each time in history.

- Thomas Jefferson

Our country is founded on the fact that there is a creator and our rights come from him, not from man. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

- Thomas Jefferson

Wall Street is the universal moral authority

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

The Sandusky case is not just about society's disgust with his actions. It is also about society's outrage with betrayal by those who hold positions of trust who betray that trust

False. The Sandusky case is about society's potemkin indignation with the actions of a member of their society, to distract from how disturbed and decadent the society is.

Society places it's disturbed minds in positions of trust, where it has selective phony outrage to fit it's monolithic hedonistic value system.

Society isn't outraged, at all, by youth witnessing and engaging in the defilement of the human body.

The corruption of the federal government isn't producing any societal outrage, despite the fact that the abuse of power, intimidation of witnesses and high crimes and misdemeanors is the patent modus operendi of this body politic.  It is no suprise, at all, that it is the same societal body politic advocating populism, pandering entitlements and a value system based on "consenting adults".

Yes, this society is deeply distrubed and self destructing.

Correct.

Simple put, garbage in garbage out.  If you have a group of people raised without morals or values, if you have a group of people raised on violence and smut why would you possibly expect to have a group of adults with the highest of standards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[/QUOTE]

So many nuanced views.  How can you be sure which is right?

Are you sincerely asking or just trying to give me a hard time ;0)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

Wall Street is the universal moral authority

[/QUOTE]

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Back to Paterno.  What his family appears not to understand was Coach Paterno's fundamental mistake in staying too long.  This underscores his determination to get the record for most wins and his willingness to do anything to get there, including being head coach when he was not fit for the job.  That compromise of his integrity made other compromises, including not following through on Sandusky's activities, possible. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

Tell me, do you're religious beliefs include tolerance of others, or only tolerance for those of who you approve ?

[/QUOTE]

Pretty valid

[/QUOTE]

Not valid at all.  You claim that I'm intollerant because you don't agree with my point of view.  I say you are intollerant because you don't allow me to practice my right to freedom of religion.  You don't like my religion fine but calling me names shows how intollerant you are.

BTW my husband and three others own their own company.  They employ a man with sadd.  He and his 'partner' came to my house for a christmas party so everyone needs to chill a bit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And yet they consider themselves Christians. Don't you? Because they aren't "main stream" do you feel that thier belief system doesn't apply, in essence doesn't count?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

That was the original intent of this thread, but then the cranks chimed in

[/QUOTE]
    Are you calling me a crank steven Innocent, say it ain't so LOL!