In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to devildavid's comment:

If consent between adults (within the law) is not the standard for all adult behavior toward each other, what is?

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Thousands of years and thousands of cultures say that marraige between a man and a woman.  Societies need to reproduce themselves to survive, simple

So, by maintaining marriage exlusivity between man and woman, we can make gay people attracted to opposite sex and reproduce?  If we allow same-sex marriage, people who might otherwise be reproducing might be persuaded to be gay?

Not what I said.  I think you are smart enough to understand my meaning, you just don't want to accept it.

Then how does gay marriage effect a society, the same people will be gay or straight regardless? If 90% continues to have marry and have children, why does it matter if the other 10% have at least the ability to wed. You don't have get gay married or even go to your church that supports gay marriage. You have yet to explain why 10% gaining the rights that 90% of the population currently has, is bad other than your personal religious beliefs that you can't force me to have morally or legally.

I worked in the wedding industry for years.  I had to become and LLC to protect myself from law suites from those with ssad.  They were suing people who would not provide services for their wedding.  There are many out their who will provide services for their wedding so those with ssad had many options.  If I wasn't an LLC I could have lost not only my business, house, car and everything I own if I were sued.

They were suing bakers for not providing cakes, invitation suppliers, etc.  I was contacted by different people to participate in bridal fairs.  I usually didn't answer.  A gay group contacted me over and over again. I felt like I was being harrast.

I live in a state that requires that marriage be between a man and woman.  If I didn't I would have to rent out any property I had to a couple with ssad which goes against my religious beliefs.

If you say anything negative about people with ssad it is considered hate speach.  This means that religious leaders may not speak from the pulpit about this issue.  This is already happening in Ireland.

None of us lives on an island.  Those in any given society are intertwined.  Changing the rules of marriage affects us all.  The new sex ed class in NY teaches kids how to perform ssad acts.  We are all being affected by this.

[/QUOTE]

Referring to being gay is disorder to bigoted. It is used by groups that claim you can turn straight, if you are gay. You don't believe you can pray the gay away?

No it's not.  Years ago the phsyciatric community gave them this label.  Without any studies to prove this behavior is not a disorder the community changed it. The PC cops did their job. So if you can't 'turn straight' once you are gay how do you explain away people who do like my friends sister.

In the 50's you would have been able to not rent your property to blacks, if really think that was a fun time lets bring back our old pal Jim. Do you not rent out your property to other religions too? Where in religious texts does it state don't do business with gays? It does say don't do business on Saturday which I bet is your busiest day of the week.

Being black and having ssad are two different things.  Being black is natural. Black men marry women, black women marry men.  I'm not jewish lol, sunday is my day of rest.

I sincerely don't care about your religious belief because they don't and shouldn't have anything to do with me. However you act like gay is contagious, which you said it isn't. gay how does gay people getting married or even information about gays in sex ed really matter?

I have explained how those with ssad are affecting us already.  You don't care about my religious beliefs but I do have the right to them, freedom of religion is still one of my rights.  So is freedom of speach. If you think that teaching kids how to perform ssad acts is ok then we live on different planets my friend.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    This is silly you can't use a disgraced psych term. Maybe if we drill holes in their head they will be fine? People do because a natural progression of sexual and gender indentity. No one could sit there and tell her to go good be straight. No one made her gay, no one made her straight. I would doubt she would claim she woke up one day and was like I want to be straight today.

Discrimination is discrimination regardless if is justified by beliefs or not. Yes but in Leviticus, which is what you are basing most of you beliefs on homosexuality on, states you can't make money on Saturday. When Paul said you don't need to follow Leviticus to be a Christian what makes you decide you should follow x but not y? 

What are you taking about with New York? Schendaty still tells kids to seek help if you are attracted to the same sex. Other then NY, which I feel you don't have half the facts, you still have said how it affects you. You realize sodomy is limited to gay people right? How is your life made worse by gay marriage? You have your right to religion but you don't have the right to have it legally enforce. I am a catholic but I don't think resturants should stop selling meat on Fridays.

[/QUOTE]

If you are catholic then you should know that we are under the new covenant, the one Christ shed his blood for.

God made, I believe, 5 covenants with his people. It started with one person, and progressed to nations then all people.

The jews in the old testement are under the old covenant, their holy day is saturday.  We are under the new covenent, our holy day is sunday because that is the day Christ rose from the dead.

I guess I didn't make myself clear.  The s e x ed is being offered in new york city and I'm not wrong on this.

Please back up with fact that their is a natural progression of sexual identity.  I have heard this new term before, where are the facts to back up such a statement.

[/QUOTE]

Talk to the Seventh Day Adventists. For every belief there is at least one, if not many belief systems to counter it. There are many paths to what people belive is the truth

[/QUOTE]

Seventh day adventists arn't main stream christians so they don't apply.  They do not follow the same thinking as christian protestants and christian catholics.

[/QUOTE]

And yet they consider themselves Christians. Don't you? Because they aren't "main stream" do you feel that thier belief system doesn't apply, in essence doesn't count?

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but twisting my words isn't going to work.  Look at the original post and my response.  We were talking about if saturday or sunday was a day of rest.  Nice try but no cigar my friend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

In response to antibody's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If consent between adults (within the law) is not the standard for all adult behavior toward each other, what is?

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Thousands of years and thousands of cultures say that marraige between a man and a woman.  Societies need to reproduce themselves to survive, simple

So, by maintaining marriage exlusivity between man and woman, we can make gay people attracted to opposite sex and reproduce?  If we allow same-sex marriage, people who might otherwise be reproducing might be persuaded to be gay?

Not what I said.  I think you are smart enough to understand my meaning, you just don't want to accept it.

Then how does gay marriage effect a society, the same people will be gay or straight regardless? If 90% continues to have marry and have children, why does it matter if the other 10% have at least the ability to wed. You don't have get gay married or even go to your church that supports gay marriage. You have yet to explain why 10% gaining the rights that 90% of the population currently has, is bad other than your personal religious beliefs that you can't force me to have morally or legally.

I worked in the wedding industry for years.  I had to become and LLC to protect myself from law suites from those with ssad.  They were suing people who would not provide services for their wedding.  There are many out their who will provide services for their wedding so those with ssad had many options.  If I wasn't an LLC I could have lost not only my business, house, car and everything I own if I were sued.

They were suing bakers for not providing cakes, invitation suppliers, etc.  I was contacted by different people to participate in bridal fairs.  I usually didn't answer.  A gay group contacted me over and over again. I felt like I was being harrast.

I live in a state that requires that marriage be between a man and woman.  If I didn't I would have to rent out any property I had to a couple with ssad which goes against my religious beliefs.

If you say anything negative about people with ssad it is considered hate speach.  This means that religious leaders may not speak from the pulpit about this issue.  This is already happening in Ireland.

None of us lives on an island.  Those in any given society are intertwined.  Changing the rules of marriage affects us all.  The new sex ed class in NY teaches kids how to perform ssad acts.  We are all being affected by this.

[/QUOTE]

Referring to being gay is disorder to bigoted. It is used by groups that claim you can turn straight, if you are gay. You don't believe you can pray the gay away?

No it's not.  Years ago the phsyciatric community gave them this label.  Without any studies to prove this behavior is not a disorder the community changed it. The PC cops did their job. So if you can't 'turn straight' once you are gay how do you explain away people who do like my friends sister.

In the 50's you would have been able to not rent your property to blacks, if really think that was a fun time lets bring back our old pal Jim. Do you not rent out your property to other religions too? Where in religious texts does it state don't do business with gays? It does say don't do business on Saturday which I bet is your busiest day of the week.

Being black and having ssad are two different things.  Being black is natural. Black men marry women, black women marry men.  I'm not jewish lol, sunday is my day of rest.

I sincerely don't care about your religious belief because they don't and shouldn't have anything to do with me. However you act like gay is contagious, which you said it isn't. gay how does gay people getting married or even information about gays in sex ed really matter?

I have explained how those with ssad are affecting us already.  You don't care about my religious beliefs but I do have the right to them, freedom of religion is still one of my rights.  So is freedom of speach. If you think that teaching kids how to perform ssad acts is ok then we live on different planets my friend.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    This is silly you can't use a disgraced psych term. Maybe if we drill holes in their head they will be fine? People do because a natural progression of sexual and gender indentity. No one could sit there and tell her to go good be straight. No one made her gay, no one made her straight. I would doubt she would claim she woke up one day and was like I want to be straight today.

Discrimination is discrimination regardless if is justified by beliefs or not. Yes but in Leviticus, which is what you are basing most of you beliefs on homosexuality on, states you can't make money on Saturday. When Paul said you don't need to follow Leviticus to be a Christian what makes you decide you should follow x but not y? 

What are you taking about with New York? Schendaty still tells kids to seek help if you are attracted to the same sex. Other then NY, which I feel you don't have half the facts, you still have said how it affects you. You realize sodomy is limited to gay people right? How is your life made worse by gay marriage? You have your right to religion but you don't have the right to have it legally enforce. I am a catholic but I don't think resturants should stop selling meat on Fridays.

[/QUOTE]

If you are catholic then you should know that we are under the new covenant, the one Christ shed his blood for.

God made, I believe, 5 covenants with his people. It started with one person, and progressed to nations then all people.

The jews in the old testement are under the old covenant, their holy day is saturday.  We are under the new covenent, our holy day is sunday because that is the day Christ rose from the dead.

I guess I didn't make myself clear.  The s e x ed is being offered in new york city and I'm not wrong on this.

Please back up with fact that their is a natural progression of sexual identity.  I have heard this new term before, where are the facts to back up such a statement.

[/QUOTE]

Talk to the Seventh Day Adventists. For every belief there is at least one, if not many belief systems to counter it. There are many paths to what people belive is the truth

[/QUOTE]

Freedom of religion is a right we have in america and I fully support it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No, you're just going along with the flow

The Sandusky case is not just about society's disgust with his actions. It is also about society's outrage with betrayal by those who hold positions of trust who betray that trust. The technical details of consent or the acts themselves are not the only factor in our condemnation of such individuals. When parents place their children in the hands of those they expect to protect their children instead harm and exploit them, the betrayal felt is powerful. We have a right as a society to ensure such people cannot take advantage of our children. Certain position in life demand a higher standard of trust and we should always be on guard against violators of that trust and use every legal means to remove them from those positions.

- Thomas Jefferson

That was the original intent of this thread, but then the cranks chimed in

[/QUOTE]
    Are you calling me a crank steven Innocent, say it ain't so LOL!

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Sandusky case is not just about society's disgust with his actions. It is also about society's outrage with betrayal by those who hold positions of trust who betray that trust. The technical details of consent or the acts themselves are not the only factor in our condemnation of such individuals. When parents place their children in the hands of those they expect to protect their children instead harm and exploit them, the betrayal felt is powerful. We have a right as a society to ensure such people cannot take advantage of our children. Certain position in life demand a higher standard of trust and we should always be on guard against violators of that trust and use every legal means to remove them from those positions.

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Our society used to look the other way at spousal and child abuse within families because they felt it was a private matter. Now privacy has taken a back seat. Is one position more moral than the other?

- Thomas Jefferson

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

There is no universal moral authority. All moral authority comes from man and is enforced by man. Human behavior is controlled only by the limits society places on it which varies throughout history. Society is a creation of man and follow the rules that man decides to put in place at each time in history.

- Thomas Jefferson

Our country is founded on the fact that there is a creator and our rights come from him, not from man. 

[/QUOTE]

A fact or a belief?

The only rights people have are the ones they exercise, no matter what society, the king, the queen, or the creator may or may not grant. There are no rights we can exercise beyond what society allows, whether we like it or not. Rights are only worth anything if backed up with the power to protect them. And that power is always held by man, for better or worse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Please prove to me that there is a natural progression of sexual and gender identity.  Where is your proof?  where is your proof?

please prove to me that the person/people/organization/corporation that wrote the bible had anything to do with it being the "words of God". 

maybe you missed this query??

so i shall bump it for you:

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I love BUMPS!!!   Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[/QUOTE]

Tell me, do you're religious beliefs include tolerance of others, or only tolerance for those of who you approve ?

[/QUOTE]

Pretty valid

[/QUOTE]

Not valid at all.  You claim that I'm intollerant because you don't agree with my point of view.  I say you are intollerant because you don't allow me to practice my right to freedom of religion.  You don't like my religion fine but calling me names shows how intollerant you are.

BTW my husband and three others own their own company.  They employ a man with sadd.  He and his 'partner' came to my house for a christmas party so everyone needs to chill a bit.

[/QUOTE]

Wow. 

Just asked a simple question. I didn't call you anything at all and now you are labeling me. Of course you have a right to practice whatever makes you feel comfortable. I never said that I don't like your religion. I simply don't see it as the sole and final spiritual arbiter for all of humankind. And before you jump on me further, let me tell you that I was baptized and raised (although I wasn't allowed to have any say in the matter) as a Roman Catholic, and although I decided a long time ago that was not a path that I felt comfortable following, I say nothing against the church or anyone who has chosen to follow them.

Geez! Guess I hit a nerve. You see, right here is a big reason that I left the church. You are not allowed to have doubts about anything you are told. It was always "accept what we tell you without question or get out!" No problem. I got out.

Also, I find it interesting that you would choose to answer this post and not one of my earlier ones like the one about the "good men" who are preists or the one about missionaries (many who were Catholic) that wiped out entire civilizations and cultures. You seem less interested in debating than in pontificating (a good Catholic word).

Oh, by the way, I had a Catholic couple at the house for dinner last week so by your own standards I am at least as tolerant as you. Perhaps you need to take your own advice and "chill a bit".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seventh day adventists arn't main stream christians so they don't apply.  They do not follow the same thinking as christian protestants and christian catholics.

[/QUOTE]

And yet they consider themselves Christians. Don't you? Because they aren't "main stream" do you feel that thier belief system doesn't apply, in essence doesn't count?

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but twisting my words isn't going to work.  Look at the original post and my response.  We were talking about if saturday or sunday was a day of rest.  Nice try but no cigar my friend.

[/QUOTE]

Nice dodge. Not twisting anything. Just like those who in my youth were attempting to "instruct me in the faith". Never had answers to simple questions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

this may be a really dumb question but \/\/TF is sadd?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Same-sex sexual proclivity and behavior is not a human identity, as the childish term projects into the intellectually dishonest narrative.

No human being can be scientifically identified based on sexual behavior. The issue of same-sex sexual behavior is a political agenda to change the values of the culture in regard to sexual behavior. Likewise, the "consenting adults" as the value standard for sexual behavior has zero moral authority and is complete hypocrisy.

The notion that "at the stroke of midnight on the birthday you can prove in Court" is the age one becomes a consenting adult who can now engage in the same sexual behavior as one sees in the culture is intellectually fallacious.

When youth is involved in crime, the state of mind determines mens rea or intellectual capacity to commit a criminal act, as opposed to delninquency.

As American culture completely divorces it's body politic from any moral authority, the popular behavioral value of "consenting adults" foments a disturbed youth, ruined by a completely irresponsible society voting for a body politic to pass the burden onto the public debt and the decreasing number of people who pay the bills for the federal government to operate.

Any society which lacks the self respect and discipline to respect moral authority for it's values and virtues is guaranteed a complete self destruction. No moral authority can come from mankind's body politic.

So what are you afraid of?  just say it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Freedom of religion is a right we have in america and I fully support it.

[/QUOTE]

As do I.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Same Sex Addiction Disorder

Right wing new-age psychobabble. (and before anyone is tempted to label me a liberal or anything else, I only say this to distinguish it from left wing new-age psycobabble.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

- Thomas Jefferson

I guess I must be the cranky one, then...hmmm?

( in all fairness, I warned you to jump off)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Right wing new-age psychobabble. (and before anyone is tempted to label me a liberal or anything else, I only say this to distinguish it from left wing new-age psycobabble.

Here is some left wing psycho-babble AntiV:  Religious Righteousness Hypocricy Disorder

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

Here is some left wing psycho-babble AntiV:  Religious Righteousness Hypcocricy Disorder

[/QUOTE]

Laughing Not bad Space. Is there a cure or even a treatment? I guess you could always "pray it away."

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In

Here is some left wing psycho-babble AntiV:  Religious Righteousness Hypcocricy Disorder

LaughingNot bad Space. Is there a cure or even a treatment? I guess you could always "pray it away."

Antibody, a person with RRHD can be cured.  All it takes is a single dose of a mantra that is very difficult for a person with RRHD to swallow:  What would Jesus Do?  As with all vaccinations, the cure is made up of the disease itself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

67 you have no idea what religious persecution even is. Half of my family doesn't exist anymore because their born religion(they were not even religious) so please cut the bs. Gay marriage does in no way what so ever persecute you, in fact your preaching is persicution.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

These words come directly from the Declaration of Independence

Our country is founded on the fact that there is a creator and our rights come from him, not from man. 

A fact or a belief?

Fact!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tell me, do you're religious beliefs include tolerance of others, or only tolerance for those of who you approve ?

[/QUOTE]

Pretty valid

[/QUOTE]

Not valid at all.  You claim that I'm intollerant because you don't agree with my point of view.  I say you are intollerant because you don't allow me to practice my right to freedom of religion.  You don't like my religion fine but calling me names shows how intollerant you are.

BTW my husband and three others own their own company.  They employ a man with sadd.  He and his 'partner' came to my house for a christmas party so everyone needs to chill a bit.

[/QUOTE]

Wow. 

Just asked a simple question. I didn't call you anything at all and now you are labeling me. Of course you have a right to practice whatever makes you feel comfortable. I never said that I don't like your religion. I simply don't see it as the sole and final spiritual arbiter for all of humankind. And before you jump on me further, let me tell you that I was baptized and raised (although I wasn't allowed to have any say in the matter) as a Roman Catholic, and although I decided a long time ago that was not a path that I felt comfortable following, I say nothing against the church or anyone who has chosen to follow them.

Geez! Guess I hit a nerve. You see, right here is a big reason that I left the church. You are not allowed to have doubts about anything you are told. It was always "accept what we tell you without question or get out!" No problem. I got out.

Also, I find it interesting that you would choose to answer this post and not one of my earlier ones like the one about the "good men" who are preists or the one about missionaries (many who were Catholic) that wiped out entire civilizations and cultures. You seem less interested in debating than in pontificating (a good Catholic word).

Oh, by the way, I had a Catholic couple at the house for dinner last week so by your own standards I am at least as tolerant as you. Perhaps you need to take your own advice and "chill a bit".

[/QUOTE]

LOL, you are very good at twisting conversations!!!  Do you get away with this in the real world?

I didn't ignore your other post, I haven't been able to catch up with all the posts directed at me.

There are many many good priests, I have had the privlege of knowing them.  Did some do things wrong, yes they did.  Do I condone their behavior, no I don't.  They will have to stand before the throne of God and be judged just like the rest of us.

People love to point out all the bad things about the catholic church.  They started schools, hospitals and help the poor on many levels.  Mother Theresa, Catherine Doherty, Maxamillion Colby are just a few of the modern day saints who have served the poor.

I don't believe in throwing out the baby with the bath water.  I believe in my faith and what Jesus taught.  I don't worship humans who are fallen fallible sinners.  I worship God through the catholic church.

I'm sorry you felt you couldn't ask questions when you were a practicing catholic.  My spiritual director always answered any sincere question I had.

Please prove to me that the catholic church wiped out entire civilizations.

I think you are a stand up guy for having those  dreaded catholics over for dinnerLaughing I hope they didn't wipe anything out in your house LOL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice dodge. Not twisting anything. Just like those who in my youth were attempting to "instruct me in the faith". Never had answers to simple questions.

[/QUOTE]
    Someone has a problem with catholics.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

I went to parochial grade school and when we went to public high school, we excelled....by leaps and bounds.  Those Franciscan nuns took their job seriously.

Same thing happened to me.  I sent my son the catholic school and he said he was well prepared for college unlike some of the other kids.

My son can't afford to send his daughter to catholic school so I'm planning on sending her. 

Good solid education.