Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Paterno Family Don't Get It, and Just Won't Stop Either

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

I went to parochial grade school and when we went to public high school, we excelled....by leaps and bounds.  Those Franciscan nuns took their job seriously.

Same thing happened to me.  I sent my son the catholic school and he said he was well prepared for college unlike some of the other kids.

My son can't afford to send his daughter to catholic school so I'm planning on sending her. 

Good solid education.

I can teach your kid for cheaper and better...and I have two advanced degrees...unlike most private school teachers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

I went to parochial grade school and when we went to public high school, we excelled....by leaps and bounds.  Those Franciscan nuns took their job seriously.

Same thing happened to me.  I sent my son the catholic school and he said he was well prepared for college unlike some of the other kids.

My son can't afford to send his daughter to catholic school so I'm planning on sending her. 

Good solid education.

I can teach your kid for cheaper and better...and I have two advanced degrees...unlike most private school teachers

The only reason to send your kids to private school in mass is that they are going to Phillips academy, Milton academy or you live in one of the few areas in mass that has an poor public school system. Most of the kids who went to cathlic middle school struggle horribly when they reached highschool. Many were in all standard classes (at my highschool lowest college prep courses)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Paul is falliable because the Catholic Church doesn't promote slavery.

Your are mistaken.  The word of God is inspired by the holy spirit, that is what the church teaches, believe it or don't believe but that's the teaching of the church.

The Old Testament doesn't have to be taken litterally. You don't have to believe in the flood or Eden to be a Catholic it has been like this for awhile. The Catholic Church doesn't follow Leviticus  yet some people still know two chapters.

Catholics do not have to take events like the garden of eden literally but that does not mean you dismiss the old testament.

Read this article for an unbias view about the Catholic Church and AIDS:

http://www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1135:the-catholic-church-versus-hivaids-in-africa-&catid=61:hiv-aids-discussion-papers&Itemid=268

Also the traditionalist lost with the selection of Francis.

Really, why you do you believe this.  I take it you are not a catholic, I believe you are more of an american catholic who does not follow the teachings of rome.

SSAD is not a correct medical term is still in use because of the pray the gay away crowd.

Yes it is, same sex attraction disorder.  My son has add, attention deficit disorder.  I don't go over the deep end when that medical term is used.  The church teaches that we and the earth is disordered because of original sin. The word 'disorder' doesn't freak me out as it does with some

If people voted on it we would never overturned Jim Crow. This called tyranny and why we have separation of power. All the Dems have endorse gay marriage and GOP will in the next 5 years popular support has moved.

You are wrong.  In the state I live in and in all if not most of the states where people could vote on marriage they have voted to keep marriage between a man and a woman. 

List I believe you are good person, I just feel you have views that are dated. You have convictions but I feel like you have deeply though about why you have them.

I am a traditional, catholic republican and proud of it.  If my views are dated then our country is in more trouble than I thought.  You can feel all you want about how deeply I think about these issues but since you don't know me your feelings are not relevant.

•  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Your are mistaken.  The word of God is inspired by the holy spirit, that is what the church teaches, believe it or don't believe but that's the teaching of the church.

The Old Testament doesn't have to be taken litterally. You don't have to believe in the flood or Eden to be a Catholic it has been like this for awhile. The Catholic Church doesn't follow Leviticus  yet some people still know two chapters.

Catholics do not have to take events like the garden of eden literally but that does not mean you dismiss the old testament.

http://www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1135:the-catholic-church-versus-hivaids-in-africa-&catid=61:hiv-aids-discussion-papers&Itemid=268

Really, why you do you believe this.  I take it you are not a catholic, I believe you are more of an american catholic who does not follow the teachings of rome.

SSAD is not a correct medical term is still in use because of the pray the gay away crowd.

Yes it is, same sex attraction disorder.  My son has add, attention deficit disorder.  I don't go over the deep end when that medical term is used.  The church teaches that we and the earth is disordered because of original sin. The word 'disorder' doesn't freak me out as it does with some

If people voted on it we would never overturned Jim Crow. This called tyranny and why we have separation of power. All the Dems have endorse gay marriage and GOP will in the next 5 years popular support has moved.

You are wrong.  In the state I live in and in all if not most of the states where people could vote on marriage they have voted to keep marriage between a man and a woman. 

List I believe you are good person, I just feel you have views that are dated. You have convictions but I feel like you have deeply though about why you have them.

I am a traditional, catholic republican and proud of it.  If my views are dated then our country is in more trouble than I thought.  You can feel all you want about how deeply I think about these issues but since you don't know me your feelings are not relevant.

•  

Your views are far from outdated they mesh much more with the current blend of teapublicans then any traditional conservatism. Aka why the party is currently dying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

this may be a really dumb question but \/\/TF is sadd?

Same Sex Addiction Disorder

Right wing new-age psychobabble. (and before anyone is tempted to label me a liberal or anything else, I only say this to distinguish it from left wing new-age psycobabble.

No it means same sex attraction disorder and it's not new-age anything.  This was listed as a disorder in the phsyciatric medical journals until the pc police took over.  Without any evidence that there is a gay gene or that this isn't a disorder it was struck from the books.

As I have said before my son has ADD, attention deficit disorder.  I don't get bent out of shape because my son has been labeled with a disorder, it is what it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Good solid education.

I wonder about the quality of parochial education today.  Back when I went, the nuns did this as a labor of love.  Today, I understand that most parochial teachers are lay people and their salary is less than public school teachers.  If this is true, I wonder about the quality.

Here in southern Oregon, home schooling is pretty popular.  I do know that there are whole families here with home schooled multiple scientific degrees.  It's very impressive, but I really don't know anything about the details.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

•  

Your views are far from outdated they mesh much more with the current blend of teapublicans then any traditional conservatism. Aka why the party is currently dying.

Actually the opposit is true.  If you have been following the IRS scandel you will understand why I say this.  Main stream press is ignoring this but the IRS targeted the tea party, conservatives and those who support them for special scrutiny.

The IG was told to investigate the IRS and some pretty daming evidence is coming to light.  The tea party is alive and well and is raring to go.  Their motto means taxed enough already and they want less government in their lives.  If you want more taxes and more government control of your personal freedoms then please vote for dems.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Good solid education.

Great, where do I sign up ;0)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Good solid education.

The only reason to send your kids to private school in mass is that they are going to Phillips academy, Milton academy or you live in one of the few areas in mass that has an poor public school system. Most of the kids who went to cathlic middle school struggle horribly when they reached highschool. Many were in all standard classes (at my highschool lowest college prep courses)

Sorry to hear that, it's the opposite here.  I tried public education but it was a dismal failure.  I live in virginia so we have some amazing public colleges unlike mass.  The private colleges are great there but not public.

We have William and Mary, Virginia Tech, George Mason, to name a few.  My son went to tech.  Some kids  going to tech had to take classes to learn how to write a paper. Very sad.  My son said he was well prepared.

He graduated when he was 24 with a masters in accounting and he earned his CPA the same year.  I think catholic school gave him a good solid education, dot the i's and cross the t's.  He has a great job as a consultant and is making good money.  He was able to get a job right out of college.  I highly reccomend catholic school.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Good solid education.

I wonder about the quality of parochial education today.  Back when I went, the nuns did this as a labor of love.  Today, I understand that most parochial teachers are lay people and their salary is less than public school teachers.  If this is true, I wonder about the quality.

Here in southern Oregon, home schooling is pretty popular.  I do know that there are whole families here with home schooled multiple scientific degrees.  It's very impressive, but I really don't know anything about the details.

[/QUOTE]

I can't speak to all catholic education but there are three catholic schools withing miles of where I live and two catholic high schools.  They all offer very good educations.  I also know families who do home schooling.  I think if one has the desire to home school it's a good option.

I'm hoping geo will come to virginia and teach my grandbaby!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Good solid education.

I can't speak to all catholic education but there are three catholic schools withing miles of where I live and two catholic high schools.  They all offer very good educations.  I also know families who do home schooling.  I think if one has the desire to home school it's a good option.

I'm hoping geo will come to virginia and teach my grandbaby!

Good for Geo...very impressive.

It sure would be nice for you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

•  

Actually the opposit is true.  If you have been following the IRS scandel you will understand why I say this.  Main stream press is ignoring this but the IRS targeted the tea party, conservatives and those who support them for special scrutiny.

The IG was told to investigate the IRS and some pretty daming evidence is coming to light.  The tea party is alive and well and is raring to go.  Their motto means taxed enough already and they want less government in their lives.  If you want more taxes and more government control of your personal freedoms then please vote for dems.

I'm not saying that what the irs was right but you do realize these groups filing for tax exempt status were breaking united states law simply by filing for such a status despite being political orginizations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

•  

I'm not saying that what the irs was right but you do realize these groups filing for tax exempt status were breaking united states law simply by filing for such a status despite being political orginizations.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you get your information but it's incorrect.  Progressive groups have been doing the exact same thing and they are not being targeted.

The IRS has admitted that they targeted conservative groups wrongly.  They did not say that conservative groups broke the law.  They admitted to wrong doing and claim they will do a better job.

They are up to their eyeballs in it, the tea party was targeted during an election year.  This is ugly and is getting uglier by the second.

You may disagree with the law that allows this tax exempt status but what they were doing was legal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Frankly any liberal group that did it would also be breaking the law. All political speech is taxed that is why religious groups are not supposed to participate in the political world. Just like your theories on the collapse of Rome you are frankly incorrect again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Frankly any liberal group that did it would also be breaking the law. All political speech is taxed that is why religious groups are not supposed to participate in the political world. Just like your theories on the collapse of Rome you are frankly incorrect again.

No, I'm not wrong when it comes to the collapse of rome.  We will have to agree to disagree.  The supreme court allows these groups to apply for tax free status.  Again, if you don't like the law that is your right but the conservative and progressive groups applying for tax free status are not breaking the law.

Obama actually reprimanded the supreme court during the state of the union adress because they allowed this law to stand. One of the justices was visibly upset and mouthed 'not true'.  People talked about it for some time.

We are not talking about groups like churches.  We are talking about groups whos main focus is social good not politics but they can be involved in politics.  Politics can't be their prime objective.

Again, you may not like the law but the supreme court upheld it.  The only people breaking the law is the IRS. No one in the IRS claims these people were breaking the law.  They actually admitted they made mistakes and shouldn't have targeted these people.  Why you ask.  Because the IG investigated the IRS and found wrong doing on their part.  Not on the part of groups applying for tax free status.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

•  

I don't know where you get your information but it's incorrect.  Progressive groups have been doing the exact same thing and they are not being targeted.

The IRS has admitted that they targeted conservative groups wrongly.  They did not say that conservative groups broke the law.  They admitted to wrong doing and claim they will do a better job.

They are up to their eyeballs in it, the tea party was targeted during an election year.  This is ugly and is getting uglier by the second.

You may disagree with the law that allows this tax exempt status but what they were doing was legal.

Incorrect

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/05/15/report-the-irs-also-targeted-at-least-three-liberal-groups/

BTW, show me a link where concentration of wealth was NOT a factor in the fall of Rome, because, besides the History Channel & the author Ravi Batra, here's mine

http://www.mariamilani.com/ancient_rome/Ancient_Roman_Currency_Economy.htm

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

"Concentration of wealth" is a meaningless phrase used by those who advance the political ideology of populism. Populism is rooted in the tenets of the Communist Manifesto.

Not really; if the top 1% possess 40 % of the assets, and a few yrs later, this goes up to 50%, the concentration of wealth has increased. Pretty simple, actually. And the media, including conservative media, and also economists of all stripes, amongst others, widely uses the term.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

•  

Incorrect

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/05/15/report-the-irs-also-targeted-at-least-three-liberal-groups/

BTW, show me a link where concentration of wealth was NOT a factor in the fall of Rome, because, besides the History Channel & the author Ravi Batra, here's mine

The washington post is a progressive news paper.  The IRS was investigated by the IG and has admitted to targeting groups with tea party, and other conservative words in their name.

They  asked intrusive questions that they had no right to ask.  The conservative groups were asked if they were ever going to run for political office, what political beliefs they held, name of minor donors.  This is just a very small sampling of what they went through.  One woman was targeted by 5 federal agencys.

Because the IG found they were unjustly and illegaly targeting conservative groups the IRS came clean.  They have admitted to wrong doing, they admitted that they are guilty.  This is a black and white issue, no grey areas here.

Hundreds of conservative groups were targeted so I don't think 3 progressive groups compare.

The IRS targeted american citizens because of their political beliefs.  That is wrong and scary.  They were told to target these americans.  A number of democrats in congress told the IRS to target these conservative groups.

Some of the agents said they targeted these groups because they received orders from washington even though carney said this was done by a couple of rouge agents.  Agents said it would be impossible for anyone to do this on their own.

Progressives are trying to spin this but that's an impossible task.  The IG audited the IRS and found they were targeting conservatives.  The IRS has admitted that it targeted conservatives.

The progressive washington post can try to change the narrative but they can't change the truth.

Why the fixation on rome?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

This is the truth in a nut shell.  Please take note that the IG, who audited the IRS, came up with the facts.

You along with everyone in our country should be afraid.  The IRS is heading obamacare, 1,800 new agents will be hired to keep an eye on us.  Not good.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/04/chairman-anti-gay-marriage-group-says-has-proof-irs-leaked-donor-details/?intcmp=HPBucket

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

The moral decline of rome.

http://www.leaderu.com/common/nationsdie.html

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

•  

Incorrect

The washington post is a progressive news paper.  The IRS was investigated by the IG and has admitted to targeting groups with tea party, and other conservative words in their name.

They  asked intrusive questions that they had no right to ask.  The conservative groups were asked if they were ever going to run for political office, what political beliefs they held, name of minor donors.  This is just a very small sampling of what they went through.  One woman was targeted by 5 federal agencys.

Because the IG found they were unjustly and illegaly targeting conservative groups the IRS came clean.  They have admitted to wrong doing, they admitted that they are guilty.  This is a black and white issue, no grey areas here.

Hundreds of conservative groups were targeted so I don't think 3 progressive groups compare.

The IRS targeted american citizens because of their political beliefs.  That is wrong and scary.  They were told to target these americans.  A number of democrats in congress told the IRS to target these conservative groups.

Some of the agents said they targeted these groups because they received orders from washington even though carney said this was done by a couple of rouge agents.  Agents said it would be impossible for anyone to do this on their own.

Progressives are trying to spin this but that's an impossible task.  The IG audited the IRS and found they were targeting conservatives.  The IRS has admitted that it targeted conservatives.

The progressive washington post can try to change the narrative but they can't change the truth.

Why the fixation on rome?

The fact that other groups were targeted by the IRS was also mentioned on yahoo, Virginia Politics on Demand, and the Wall Street Journal. Is that conservative enough for you? Or is FOX news your only outlet?  Keep in mind, FWIW, that W did this also, via Alberto Gonzales; not that 2 wrongs make a right, because this is clearly an abuse of power, and the ongoing Congressional investigation is largely bipartisan.

As far as Rome is concerned, you respond like you're an authority on the subject, and when shown otherwise, ask what's the fixation for..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Not really; if the top 1% possess 40 % of the assets, and a few yrs later, this goes up to 50%

There is no way for anyone to know who posseses what % of the "assets" to any degree of accuracy at all. The IRS is the closest means to do so, but as criminal as they are, they do not have the verified and aduited asset balance sheet of all the personal wealth of each individual in this Nation.

Your rhetoric is the demagogue's populist rhetoric that is rooted in the tenets of the Communist Manifesto.  

Your response is a twist in the wind; Measuring it is a different issue. The rest of your rant is the usual heretical diatribe.