Paterno Family Still Doesn't Get It

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Paterno Family Still Doesn't Get It

Here is their latest spew

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sexual abuse is reprehensible, especially when it involves children, and no one starting with Joe Paterno condones or minimizes it. The horrific acts committed by Jerry Sandusky shock the conscience of every decent human being. How Sandusky was able to get away with his crimes for so long has yet to be fully understood, despite the claims and assertions of the Freeh report.

The release of the Freeh report has triggered an avalanche of vitriol, condemnation and posthumous punishment on Joe Paterno. The NCAA has now become the latest party to accept the report as the final word on the Sandusky scandal. The sanctions announced by the NCAA today defame the legacy and contributions of a great coach and educator without any input from our family or those who knew him best.

That the President, the Athletic Director and the Board of Trustees accepted this unprecedented action by the NCAA without requiring a full due process hearing before the Committee on Infractions is an abdication of their responsibilities and a breach of their fiduciary duties to the University and the 500,000 alumni. Punishing past, present and future students of the University because of Sandusky's crimes does not serve justice. This is not a fair or thoughtful action; it is a panicked response to the public's understandable revulsion at what Sandusky did.

The point of due process is to protect against this sort of reflexive action. Joe Paterno was never interviewed by the University or the Freeh Group. His counsel has not been able to interview key witnesses as they are represented by counsel related to ongoing litigation. We have had no access to the records reviewed by the Freeh group. The NCAA never contacted our family or our legal counsel. And the fact that several parties have pending trials that could produce evidence and testimony relevant to this matter has been totally discounted.

Unfortunately all of these facts have been ignored by the NCAA, the Freeh Group and the University.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Paterno Family Still Doesn't Get It

State Farm does....pulled their sponsorship today. GM is said to be next

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

maybe if JoePa didnt try to hide the abuse they wouldve gotten around to interviewing him ten years ago....the paterno family should just go away...better yet, i hope this miserable bunch gets sued by all the abuse victims for their beloved patriarch looking the other way to save his reputation and legacy

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Paterno Family Still Doesn't Get It:
    [QUOTE]maybe if JoePa didnt try to hide the abuse they wouldve gotten around to interviewing him ten years ago....the paterno family should just go away...better yet, i hope this miserable bunch gets sued by all the abuse victims for their beloved patriarch looking the other way to save his reputation and legacy
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Even if he didn't talk Spanier and Curley from going to authorities, and it was Spanier's and Curley's doing, the fact is, he knew what was reported. Once it became apparent that authorities weren't being called, he should have gone himself.

The fact is, he didn't. So of course he was in on the coverup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]No, the get it, but you obviously don't get the facism that is part of American culture. Vacating the wins was a punishment that nothing to do with the players and people who worked on teams to win those games. It was a classic PC nonsense that punishes people who had nothing to do with the crime.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

nothing pc about it Trotter...Joepa held on forever (and ignored abuse) to gain the alltime record...it was perfect justice that all those wins after the abuse was known to him were wiped out...as far it hurting the players, i dont see their names in the record book...its always about joePa...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Paterno was supposed to go to the Police and do what? Where was the President and VPs of the college who Paterno told, where do they fall in the moral compass?
    You guys don't understand protocol at colleges. I do. Here's how it works. You tell your superiors and the superiors do the investigation and the superiors decide what happens. If they didn't act on it, you are now dealing with issue of being "rogue." You think everyone on Earth who hears an allegation about someone you mentored, and trusted as a friend, and had a very long personal relationship with, automatically runs to the Police to say "he's a pedophile!!! my def. coordinator!!" after the People who are supposed to be doing the right things, the College President and Athletic Director don't act on the allegations. I'm not saying Paterno wasn't involved in the cover-up, but I am saying he was in a tough spot up to that point dealing with "heresay" about someone he trusted on his coaching staff. People don't automatically run to the cops and make allegations after their bosses either don't followup or tell you they are not going to followup. In Paterno's mind, he did what he was supposed to do, and since no one acted on things, he has to assume they knew best.--AD/President.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paterno Family Still Doesn't Get It : Exactly. Even if he didn't talk Spanier and Curley from going to authorities, and it was Spanier's and Curley's doing, the fact is, he knew what was reported. Once it became apparent that authorities weren't being called, he should have gone himself. The fact is, he didn't. So of course he was in on the coverup.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

IMO, it was worse than that; others may heve wanted to report it, and he may have wanted to put a stop to it; likely in his patented nasty way

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Paterno knew for a fact that Sandusky was a rapist, I'm sure he would have acted on it. My guess is he wasn't sure, and he wasn't going to ruin the guy's career and cause a giant scandal when the AD/President decided that there was not enough evidence to proceed with punishments. Paterno's job was to coach football, the AD and President's job is to be the policemen for their college, do internal investigations, and make decisions based on factual information. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Paterno was supposed to go to the Police and do what? Where was the President and VPs of the college who Paterno told, where do they fall in the moral compass? You guys don't understand protocol at colleges. I do. Here's how it works. You tell your superiors and the superiors do the investigation and the superiors decide what happens. If they didn't act on it, you are now dealing with issue of being "rogue." You think everyone on Earth who hears an allegation about someone you mentored, and trusted as a friend, and had a very long personal relationship with, automatically runs to the Police to say "he's a pedophile!!! my def. coordinator!!" after the People who are supposed to be doing the right things, the College President and Athletic Director don't act on the allegations. I'm not saying Paterno wasn't involved in the cover-up, but I am saying he was in a tough spot up to that point dealing with "heresay" about someone he trusted on his coaching staff. People don't automatically run to the cops and make allegations after their bosses either don't followup or tell you they are not going to followup. In Paterno's mind, he did what he was supposed to do, and since no one acted on things, he has to assume they knew best.--AD/President.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Apparently you didn't read the grand jury report; there was a layered and redundany attempt to cover it up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]If Paterno knew for a fact that Sandusky was a rapist, I'm sure he would have acted on it. My guess is he wasn't sure, and he wasn't going to ruin the guy's career and cause a giant scandal when the AD/President decided that there was not enough evidence to proceed with punishments. Paterno's job was to coach football, the AD and President's job is to be the policemen for their college, do internal investigations, and make decisions based on factual information. 

danny did you read the report?. I read all 132 pages. the emails between the parties show clearly what happened and why the statue has come down, why the NCAA came down so hard on Penn State and now why the sponsors are distancing themselves. The decision had been made to go to the authorities until jopa decided other wise. the more "human thing to do" would just be to tell Sandusky he could no longer bring children on the campus. JoPa was the one who stopped them from going to the authorities . It was a cover up from beginning to end that went on for more than a decade. Paterno knew in 1997, when Sandusky was first investigated and why he was told he wouldnt be his heir apparent and subsequently retired. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Well, a coach shouldn't be dictating if you go to the authorities. That tells me the AD/President were complete cowards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Once it became apparent that authorities weren't being called, he should have gone himself. The fact is, he didn't. So of course he was in on the coverup. The "authorities" were the ones who didn't "go". The superficial indignant outrage from the public is truly pathetic. American culture is responsible for the sick sexual perversion that is going on in all parts of American culture. The authorities are doing nothing, and will do nothing and selectively prosecute based upon the prevailing political winds of public perversion. A bigger issue is the national security leaks from Obama. Needless to say, there will be no moral outrage from the decadent American public.

For a change, you use a largely irrelevant topic to spew your hate of Obama. If someone started a thread on the Wizard of Oz, you would manage to mention your pathological obssession with Obama, which appears to be getting worse.

OK, lets subscribe to the postulate that he is indeed in over his head. Did it ever occur to you that if W did his job he would have not been elected?

On a more general scale, no matter what Dem would get in, IMO you would have the same slanderous spew. In other words, Obama is the name that would fill in the blank for your template based nonsense.

And considering the Valerie Plame incident, which involved a multi-trillion dollar global nuclear proliferation security breach as vindictive punishment for embarrasing the 'lovely' Cheney (so much nicer in disposition than Obama, LOL!) & his war profiteers excuse for starting a sham of a war, makes your security breach rhetoric hilarious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Well, a coach shouldn't be dictating if you go to the authorities. That tells me the AD/President were complete cowards.

danny, he was far from just the football coach. he ran happy valley what he said went. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paterno Family Still Doesn't Get It : danny did you read the report?. I read all 132 pages. the emails between the parties show clealry what happened and why the statue has come down, why the NCAA came down so hard on Penn State and now why the sponsors are distancing themselves. The decision had been made to go to the authorities until jopa decided other wise. the more "human thing to do" would just be to tell Sandusky he could no longer bring children on the campus. JoPa was the one who stopped them from going to the authorities . It was a cover up from beginning to end that went on for more than a decade. Paterno knew in 1997, when Sandusky was first investigated and why he was told he wouldnt be his heir apparent and subsequently retired. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Amazingly, he was allowed to bring kids to the campus even after he was indicted; unbelievable

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paterno Family Still Doesn't Get It : danny, he was far from just the football coach. he ran happy valley what he said went. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Correct; and the long developed culture smacks of an egregious abuse of power.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

J, I havent' had a chance to read the report, but I do know that you are often at the will of your superiors, especially in a college setting with AD and a President and a Dean. But it appears Paterno did coverup, and yet I still think the primary blame should still be on the AD/President for not just taking the investigation over and punishing all parties, including sending Sandusky to the police.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]J, I havent' had a chance to read the report, but I do know that you are often at the will of your superiors, especially in a college setting with AD and a President and a Dean. But it appears Paterno did coverup, and yet I still think the primary blame should still be on the AD/President for not just taking the investigation over and punishing all parties, including sending Sandusky to the police.

That was the plan danny until JoPa emailed "now that I've had time to think about it"  Think about what.....your record, legacy, reputation?? he thought of himself and no-one else, danny. Then the ultimate hypocrisy to say when it all came out "pray for the victims" The kids he let be victimized by turning a blind eye, to save himself.... those victims???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]J, I havent' had a chance to read the report, but I do know that you are often at the will of your superiors, especially in a college setting with AD and a President and a Dean. But it appears Paterno did coverup, and yet I still think the primary blame should still be on the AD/President for not just taking the investigation over and punishing all parties, including sending Sandusky to the police.

It's likely they wanted to, and he said don't you dare; he had that kind of power; supoosedly, he knnew practically every little thing that was going on campus; they couldn't even let him go several yrs back; call it a 1 person Gestapo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paterno Family Still Doesn't Get It : It's likely they wanted to, and he said don't you dare; he had that kind of power; supoosedly, he knnew practically every little thing that was going on campus; they couldn't even let him go several yrs back; call it a 1 person Gestapo.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

the emails substantiate they all met initially and decided they would go to authorities, until paterno decided after he "had a chance to think about it" they wouldn't.
    Then when this all came out...he still thought he could call the shots. he had the arrogance to tell the board "i'll retire at the end of the season" before they dismissed him. He should of had the decency to step down. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paterno Family Still Doesn't Get It : the emails substantiate they all met initially and decided they would go to authorities, until paterno decided after he "had a chance to think about it" they wouldn't. Then when this all came out...he still thought he could call the shots. he had the arrogance to tell the board "i'll retire at the end of the season" before they dismissed him. He should of had the decency to step down. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yes; and his arrogance led to him being furious when he was let go

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]And considering the Valerie Plame incident, which involved a multi-trillion dollar global nuclear proliferation security breach as vindictive punishment for embarrasing the 'lovely' Cheney (so much nicer in disposition than Obama, LOL!) & his war profiteers excuse for starting a sham of a war, makes your security breach rhetoric hilarious. A. Obama is up for his job review, in a few months B. Cheney isn't in office C. Your imagination would best even the most creative liars D. Leftist Democrat Feinstein just stated that Obama's administration is the source of the national security leaks E. The real moral outrage shouldn't be to defame a deceased man, without the rules of evidence and a jury of non-leftist peers, it should be on the sick perversion of Sandusky and what part of American culture leads a man to be so perverted as to seek out males to satisfy his perverted sexual appetite.

Its been going on for a very very long while...It has to do with the individual, not todays society...Its people like you that try to make excuses for an individuals behavior...Balme everyone except the person to did it...He knew right from wrong and yet he still did it...And even worse, had a man who abused his authority cover it up for his own personal success and slept well at night while young boys lives were being taken from them...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]And considering the Valerie Plame incident, which involved a multi-trillion dollar global nuclear proliferation security breach as vindictive punishment for embarrasing the 'lovely' Cheney (so much nicer in disposition than Obama, LOL!) & his war profiteers excuse for starting a sham of a war, makes your security breach rhetoric hilarious. A. Obama is up for his job review, in a few months B. Cheney isn't in office C. Your imagination would best even the most creative liars D. Leftist Democrat Feinstein just stated that Obama's administration is the source of the national security leaks E. The real moral outrage shouldn't be to defame a deceased man, without the rules of evidence and a jury of non-leftist peers, it should be on the sick perversion of Sandusky and what part of American culture leads a man to be so perverted as to seek out males to satisfy his perverted sexual appetite.

According to a conversation I had with a European, the Valerie Plame incident regarding one of the worst compromises in history was censored by W; much to the fury of the rest of the world. Even the "liberal media" was restricted from discussing it.

Your imagination would best even the most creative liars 

Pot calling the kettle; non-leftists peers? Corpseman in your white house? 

Ok then

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I apologize for defending Paterno earlier. I was not aware of the e-mail situation or that he had second thoughts--that would cause it to be him looking at legacy over a bad PR situation on campus for his program had he simply agreed to let the story come out way back when. Again, I can understand why people have hammered him and his statue got pulled. I don't agree with the wins taken away as the players suffer for that. 

Sections
Shortcuts