Pathetic Bard the momentum Killer AGAIN.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Pathetic Bard the momentum Killer AGAIN.

Thats the second time this year this guy has single handedly GIVEN a game away after a huge momentum lift by the offence. He handed Texas a win too. 

People talk about him being a closer. He hasnt got the balls to challenge anyone with his "lights out" fast ball. Hes not even close to a closer. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Re: Pathetic Bard the momentum Killer AGAIN.

I'LL ADMIT THAT BARD COULD HAVE DONE BETTER,
    BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHY THIS TEAM HAS NO
    CATCHER !!! THE YANKS GET MARTIN AND THE
    SOX ARE HANGING ON TO A GUY WHO SHOULD HAVE
    RETIRED 2 OR 3 YEARS AGO. HE'S BATTING BELOW
    .100. HELLOOO !!! SACK HIM !! WHAT IS THE
    ROMANCE WITH SALTY ABOUT. HE STINKS WORSE !
    NEVER SHOULDA BOUGHT HIM. WE HAVE NO
    CATCHER AND THIS MEANS WE HAVE NO CHANCE
    AT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS WITH A "NO POWER
    OFFENSE, GUYS LIKE DREW, SCUTARO, SALTY
    AND TEK ON THE TEAM...WHAT WOULD YOU
    EXPECT. THIS TEAM IS GONNA PUT ITS TAIL
    BETWEEN ITS LEGS AND SLINK OFF INTO THIRD
    OR FOURTH PLACE. THEY HAVE NO CHOICE...
    MANAGEMENT DID NOT BUY THE RIGHT PLAYERS.
    THE YANKS GO OUT AND GET HR HITTERS, AND
    THE SOX GET SINGLES AND DOUBLES HITTERS.
    CANO, A ROD, AND TEX...VS. CRAWFORD, A GON
    AND YOUK or ORTIZ. GUESS WHO'S GONNA
    WIN. WE'RE 5 GAMES OUT NOW...AND BY THE
    MIDDLE OF MAY...ITS GONNA GET WORSE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian1976. Show Brian1976's posts

Agreed.. I like Bard but im not sold on him as a closer yet.  Plus he constantly misses his spots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Bard and Chamberlain. We thought they were going to be the next great things out of the bullpen. I have never taken Mo for granted and I will never understand why some in RSN thinks Bard will easily slide into Pap's very successful ways.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bard is not throwing as hard as he did last year either. Anyone notice that? He rarely hits 100, he used to sometimes. He's more in the 96-97 range now--which is still fast--but something is off. Must be his command. But before you hang him, don't forget that as soft as he's been, he's not been as bad as Soriano. The Yankees are having the same problems with him. He blew last night's game against Konerko.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Pathetic Bard the momentum Killer AGAIN.:
    [QUOTE] But before you hang him, don't forget that as soft as he's been, he's not been as bad as Soriano.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Not as bad as Soriano???  Well that certainly makes everything all right.  I guess we can all feel better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Bard throws absolute gas, his velocity is a little down, he just needs to work on location. Hes young and hell be fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgbpd. Show jjgbpd's posts

This team is too inconsistent in every phase of the game to be taken seriously yet.... 10-13 is ridiculous.  300 million for a guy that is batting .156 (Crawford) and a guy with 1 home run (AGon).  I love this team, but this has been a very frustrating ride so far. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE]This team is too inconsistent in every phase of the game to be taken seriously yet.... 10-13 is ridiculous.  300 million for a guy that is batting .156 (Crawford) and a guy with 1 home run (AGon).  I love this team, but this has been a very frustrating ride so far. 
    Posted by jjgbpd[/QUOTE]

Of course they're somewhat inconsistent . . . they've played 23 games! Consistency comes over time. I think we are starting to see it with starting pitchers and the lineup will come around. But it is far to early to call them inconsistent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya i gotta say bard is starting to get really frustrating. No way could he take over for paps. He does not have the mentality. Tonight was not entirely his fault though. He did give up 2 singles in a row to start the inning, but tek got a passed ball which really changed things. There is a big difference between have runners on 1st and 2nd as opposed to 2nd and 3rd. But the fact that his velocity is down, and he is struggling to locate his pitches is concerning. We really needed a shutdown inning from him tonight. Especially after the big comeback inning. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Yes!  He's been frustrating..... But, we're gonna need him!!!  Big time!  I think he's pushing too hard to locate???

Team?  Yep,  inconsistent!  Still too early though....

Paid too much for A-Gon & Crawford.  NO!  A-Gon IS Awesome!  Crawford will work it out..... He too will be exciting once he gets rolling, & he will.

Trade Els???  Are you kidding me!?!?!   Yes!  He's p!$$ing me off watching on so many 3rd strikes, but this kid can play!!!!!!   Unreal bat speed.  His "watching" is weird!  Very uncharacteristic!!!!  He usually protects the plate so well on 3rd strike......  Hmmm??  Idno

We'll be GREAT sooooooooon........   :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Bard and Chamberlain. We thought they were going to be the next great things out of the bullpen. I have never taken Mo for granted and I will never understand why some in RSN thinks Bard will easily slide into Pap's very successful ways.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Jess, 

It's something like having a real babe for a wife at home ... one who knocked your sox off to start with ... but never appreciating what ya got.  The wandering eye is always looking elsewhere.  That in itself is a crying shame. 

Paps was bound to have an off season or two.  Not even terrible, just off.  Last year he blew some games.   Ouch.  SO WHAT?  Well ... I'm not that stupid.  But he did still save over 35!!!! Where would the Sox have been without him?  Sheeeeees .... subtract 35 wins and we're playing like the Nats.

Bard's gonna be just fine.  But all we have to do is think back before Paps got here ... just a little ... past '04, of course, and it's clear Paps is a rarity.

Maybe, Jess, since we didn't win the WS each year he was the closer, he's not worthy of some fans appreciation.

Ludicrous.

TO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]This team is too inconsistent in every phase of the game to be taken seriously yet.... 10-13 is ridiculous.  300 million for a guy that is batting .156 (Crawford) and a guy with 1 home run (AGon).  I love this team, but this has been a very frustrating ride so far. 
    Posted by jjgbpd[/QUOTE]

It's alright, little boy.  Mommy will be back from the store soon with a new game to divert your attention.

Probably "PONG" or something, repititous and simple, so that you can enjoy  win in just a few minutes and then toddle off to your new momentary plesure.

Sure, it's frustrating.  But it's not like having a 30 minute air supply in your SCUBA tank.  It's more like having an underwater habitat where you're gonna be there for months at a time.

As much as I love to SCUBA, there are some frustrations and irritations to put up with just to get to the water.  But the dive is worth it.

I stopped diving with whiners.  "Are we there yet?"  "The water's too cold."  "I hate my dive suit."  "I hope I don't have to wait too long for you.  I like to get gone when I'm done diving."  "Hey, I can't pressurize my ears. HuH?  Yeah, I've got a cold, but I thought I might still be able to ........(screw up the whole dive.)" 

We just started.  23 games. 14+% of the season.

That means we have almost 86% left ....

Try to calm down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfss. Show ccfss's posts

The loss is as much the fault of Pedroia going that far out to catch the pop-up that didn't get caught.  I appreciate the hustle, but clearly, after a point, not his ball and he is well aware of Ellsbury's speed, especially coming forward.  His presence (in my view) appeared to have caused Ellsbury to hesitate. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Why does it always have to be someone's fault? Why can't it be that the opposing team was just better on that particular night?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from johncale. Show johncale's posts

pathetic CRAWFORD will be THEO killer.

the overpaid lemon known as CRAWFORD and the SOX failing to make the playoffs will finally rid the franchise of the overrated THEO.
    GOOD RIDDANCE!

Sections
Shortcuts