Pathetic Team and Management

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Pathetic Team and Management

This is one of the worst hitting Red Sox teams that I have ever watched. Every game is a struggle with hitting the ball. I heard Larry Luchinno say well, we have had injuries. Now that Middlebrooks and Victorino are back, what's the excuse now ? They did not want to pay Ellsbury the money that he was looking for, so they replaced him with a major league minimum salaried player, Jackie Bradley Junior who flat cannot hit a baseball. He looks like a defensive replacement at best. The other alternative was to pick up Grady Sizemore who has been out of baseball two years because they realized that Bradley was not what they thought he was.  

Middle brooks ls what he is a .220 hitter making a little more than major league minimum who hits an occasional mistake. Oh yeah, I read the stories about his vision and the contact lenses helping him. What happened with that ? Victorino has had a lot of injuries and they look like they are catching up on him.

Every time I see a ball hit to Baeggerts, I cringe and he is not exactly ripping the cover off of the ball like Luchinno said he was going to do. This team had trouble scoring runs against the Cincinnati Reds at home, really pathetic. 

They also lost the production of Saltalamachia's and replaced him with an aging catcher who looks like he is at the end as well. The way this team over rates their hitting, I have reservations about seeing that catcher from Pawtucket they are high on.

Nava has reverted to what he has been his whole career, a journeyman outfielder and has been sent to the minor leagues. Management had to have been out of their minds thinking he was going to do what he did last year. I am still laughing at the fact they wanted to put him in the lead off position because of his on base percentage, comical.

Bucholtz I have yet to figure out what is wrong with him, but he wins a game looks good and reverts back to mediocre again along with diminished velocity.  Doubrount, who I thought was going to build on his playoff run last year, has reverted to mediocre again. This team should have been in on Tanaka or Darvish a couple of years ago. Instead they are licking their wounds from a Japanese pitcher who burned them several years ago and back off again.

Team went from worst to first last year and are they are reverting back to worst again. I think they will be lucky to win 82 games. That is some way to defend your title. Is management giving the fans any breaks on ticket prices, concessions, and parking in Boston to see this mediocre product they put together ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Pathetic Team and Management

Yes, Lucchino and Henry and the rest have been awful.  Only 3 titles in 12 years since Larry and John came here.  What a disgrace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, Lucchino and Henry and the rest have been awful.  Only 3 titles in 12 years since Larry and John came here.  What a disgrace.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah and what did they do this year, decide to sit back and relax and pat themselves on the back ? The Yankees who I hate go after it every year. Prior to last year we had not been to the playoffs since 2009.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Luchinno is the same guy who hired Valentine and was fighting with Theo Epstein on a regular basis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

John and Larry are great owners.. I have no problem with them at all. I didn't like the approach they took this season. I think they fall n love with their prospects to much..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah and what did they do this year, decide to sit back and relax and pat themselves on the back ? The Yankees who I hate go after it every year. Prior to last year we had not been to the playoffs since 2009.

[/QUOTE]

Glad you brought up the Yankees.  1 title in 12 years compared to our 3, despite outspending us by about 30%.  Now that's pathetic isn't it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

John and Larry are great owners.. I have no problem with them at all. I didn't like the approach they took this season. I think they fall n love with their prospects to much..

[/QUOTE]

And before they came along, our farm system was usually awful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And before they came along, our farm system was usually awful.

[/QUOTE]

What power hitter from their farm system has made an impact with the big league club. ( in the last 5 years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

No power hitters, you're right about that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

If you're going to rant on the players, at least spell their names correctly.  

Threads like these are the reason we look entitled.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

To summarise:

• Luchinno

• Middle brooks

• Baeggerts

• Saltalamachia

• Doubrount

• Bucholtz

• 4th in AL OBP

• 10th in AL OPS

• one of the worst hitting Red Sox teams that you have ever watched

Excellent analysis, Copernicus.  Any view on the Earth vs. Sun controversy?

--------------------------

Apologies, 34.  That was rude, gratuitous and I apologise unreservedly.  I get frustrated sometimes at hyperbole.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

And chokkkkers with RISP. Pitiful

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you're going to rant on the players, at least spell their names correctly.  

Threads like these are the reason we look entitled.  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that will make it all better and correct.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Glad you brought up the Yankees.  1 title in 12 years compared to our 3, despite outspending us by about 30%.  Now that's pathetic isn't it?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah but they are in playoffs almost very year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah and what did they do this year, decide to sit back and relax and pat themselves on the back ? The Yankees who I hate go after it every year. Prior to last year we had not been to the playoffs since 2009.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ouch

I just bit my tongue

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The difference is that my team is the reigning World Series Champions, and not yours.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Glad you brought up the Yankees. 1 title in 12 years compared to our 3, despite outspending us by about 30%. Now that's pathetic isn't it?

[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!!

I talk to a fair amount of Yankee fans, and not a single one of them mention that.  You have become completely unhinged.  Seriously, maybe you should create a T-shirt saying 'Yeah, you guys won 3 World Series Championships in the past ten years, but we made the playoffs 8 times'.

Is that really the T-shirt you want?  'We're in the playoffs almost every year'?  I kind of like having my 2004, 2007, and 2013 WSC t-shirts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah and what did they do this year, decide to sit back and relax and pat themselves on the back ? The Yankees who I hate go after it every year. Prior to last year we had not been to the playoffs since 2009.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ouch

I just bit my tongue

[/QUOTE]

zac, you shouldn't get in between two Sox fans arguing about the Yankees.  :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

This is what they call a market correction year. You didn't expect us to win it all again honestly, did you? I would rather play those three young players all year long and then make an assessment. Letting Ells go was a mistake, like Beltre - a winner who plays at a high level and is a game changer. Do we have any of those players left? Shoot Salty was quite walk off worthy in his own way and we let him walk for mlb pennies. Maybe Ben was reading too many of HFX's loving posts and getting swell-headed, I dunno. But we are seriously weakened up the middle this year and that is Baseball winning 101. Furthermore given the ages of our starters, I fully expect one or two to go done for a while as the season wears on. Shane is no spring chicken, Grady is a shell of his former self, Nava/Gomes/Carp are the 3 Horsemen of mediocrity. Papi is our big gun and at his age his stats reflect reality - he is nowhere near elite anymore in production. Napoli is sort of the man now and he is ticking time bomb of german shephard hip misalignment. Oh and I think Magic Koji is no more. He still amazes me given his 80's fastball but that wasnt going to last forever either. Lots of holes my friends so watch the young-uns and root for them because if they can improve, we have a nice nucleus to build on. If not, we will have to become the yanks next year or be cellar dwellers. Forecast is cloudy right now at best.

As always - 100% correct!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Glad you brought up the Yankees. 1 title in 12 years compared to our 3, despite outspending us by about 30%. Now that's pathetic isn't it?

[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!!

I talk to a fair amount of Yankee fans, and not a single one of them mention that.  You have become completely unhinged.  Seriously, maybe you should create a T-shirt saying 'Yeah, you guys won 3 World Series Championships in the past ten years, but we made the playoffs 8 times'.

Is that really the T-shirt you want?  'We're in the playoffs almost every year'?  I kind of like having my 2004, 2007, and 2013 WSC t-shirts.

[/QUOTE]

You must have had an extra big bowl of your smug cereal this morning, Joe. The guy nailed it. The Yankees go after it EVERY year. When it doesn't work, they go after it harder. Tough to complain about that. Meanwhile, how many times have I read your nonsense, "The Sox didn't make off-season moves, because how do you improve the best team in baseball?" One spin around the Sox diamond will tell most people that it's very far from that. The Sox have been dominated by good pitching since the Detroit playoff series right up to last night. If not for the Papi slow pitch softball show, where would the Sox have been? So put your t shirt on, get out the old press clippings, and have another bowl of cereal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I don't care what happens, I am glad they did not pay jacoby all the money.  But most understood that jacoby was going to cost us some games and most likely move NY from 85 to 90 wins.

I miss drew and I bet a few pitchers to as well.  Xander seems to be getting a little better but it does not look like he will even match Drew's home run number.

Whatever happens, the sox are still a fun team to watch at the moment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to mfymfy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!!

[/QUOTE]

You must have had an extra big bowl of your smug cereal this morning, Joe. The guy nailed it. The Yankees go after it EVERY year. When it doesn't work, they go after it harder. Tough to complain about that. Meanwhile, how many times have I read your nonsense, "The Sox didn't make off-season moves, because how do you improve the best team in baseball?" One spin around the Sox diamond will tell most people that it's very far from that. The Sox have been dominated by good pitching since the Detroit playoff series right up to last night. If not for the Papi slow pitch softball show, where would the Sox have been? So put your t shirt on, get out the old press clippings, and have another bowl of cereal.

[/QUOTE]

So you would rather make the playoffs every year then win a world series ring, because that's basically what you just said. TheSox and Yankees have different models, that's really what it comes down too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

What power hitter from their farm system has made an impact with the big league club. ( in the last 5 years.

Is there a point there?  A power hitter is not on top of the food chain.  My pecking order is-

• Ace (tough to do with a #27 pick)

• SS

• 2B

• CF

• Catcher

• SP

• Power Hitter

Not developing power bats is unconsequential, imho.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

Is there a point there?  A power hitter is not on top of the food chain.  My pecking order is-

• Ace (tough to do with a #27 pick)

• SS

• 2B

• CF

• Catcher

• SP

• Power Hitter

Not developing power bats is unconsequential, imho.

====================================================

enjoy Trey Ball and his 1-3 record and 6.53 ERA then

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mfymfy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you would rather make the playoffs every year then win a world series ring, because that's basically what you just said. TheSox and Yankees have different models, that's really what it comes down too.

[/QUOTE]

I would rather get it right and get set up for several years of success rather than one.  jacoby was asking too much and both sides are too blame for Drew. I don't see a lot of talent down at McCoy so expect an Iggy to be walking thru that door.