Paw Sox Report

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

Paw Sox Report

I was able to catch the game today and was able to see many of the players that could impact the red sox in the future (although JBJ was out with the elbow injury and Dan Butler sat as today was a day game after a night game).

Xander Bogaerts looked great at the plate. He worked counts, fouling pitches off, and looking for pitches he could drive. What impressed me most was that he drove a low and out two strike fastball to right center for a double. He has spectacular bat speed and the ball truly does sound different coming off his bat. His footwork in the field looked improved, but there is still work to be done in that facet of his game.

Allen Webster was by all means dominant, striking out twelve, while making batters look silly with his change up, getting swings and misses on his fastball, and mixing in his curveball well. The only time he ran into trouble was the third inning. A couple errors, a play that could have been made but called an infield hit, a walk and a wild pitch all led to a rough inning for webster. While his line shows one earned run, he could have very easily had zero runs allowed if he would not have flubbed a ball he could have turned two to end the inning on. Overall, there is still work to be done, but he has made improvement. He was not overthrowing the ball leading to better command and more movement.

Will Middlebrooks struggled as he rolled over a groung ball to third, made an error, struck out, and was ejected. While he did struggle, his discipline and approach looked improved.

Franklin Morales looked good and looks nearly ready to join the big league club.

Alex Hassan has great plate discipline and a good approach but he lacks plus tools, especially defensively. He looks like someone the organization really likes and could be good injury depth going forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Paw Sox Report

In response to soxforlife22's comment:

I was able to catch the game today and was able to see many of the players that could impact the red sox in the future (although JBJ was out with the elbow injury and Dan Butler sat as today was a day game after a night game).

Xander Bogaerts looked great at the plate. He worked counts, fouling pitches off, and looking for pitches he could drive. What impressed me most was that he drove a low and out two strike fastball to right center for a double. He has spectacular bat speed and the ball truly does sound different coming off his bat. His footwork in the field looked improved, but there is still work to be done in that facet of his game.

Allen Webster was by all means dominant, striking out twelve, while making batters look silly with his change up, getting swings and misses on his fastball, and mixing in his curveball well. The only time he ran into trouble was the third inning. A couple errors, a play that could have been made but called an infield hit, a walk and a wild pitch all led to a rough inning for webster. While his line shows one earned run, he could have very easily had zero runs allowed if he would not have flubbed a ball he could have turned two to end the inning on. Overall, there is still work to be done, but he has made improvement. He was not overthrowing the ball leading to better command and more movement.

Will Middlebrooks struggled as he rolled over a groung ball to third, made an error, struck out, and was ejected. While he did struggle, his discipline and approach looked improved.

Franklin Morales looked good and looks nearly ready to join the big league club.

Alex Hassan has great plate discipline and a good approach but he lacks plus tools, especially defensively. He looks like someone the organization really likes and could be good injury depth going forward.

Great insight thank you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I haven't seen Middy struggle defensively yet this year, covering for Bogaerts must be getting him tired.  There were a few games when Middy was having a problem getting the ball to first, but all has been fine for a while.

Hassan was hitting the last game I was at over the weekend.  But as usual he was terrible in the field.  No arm and balls drop over his head all the time, unlike JBJ where the only balls getting over his head are the homers.

I see alberto Rosario caught but went 0 for 3.  Did he impress you at all?  I would like to see him come up in Sept.  He has the speed and catches a good game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

He called a great game for Webster and looked good bHound the plate, but didn't look great offensively, Getting fooled a couple times, but pretty much everyone was getting fooled by Wada.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to soxforlife22's comment:

He called a great game for Webster and looked good bHound the plate, but didn't look great offensively, Getting fooled a couple times, but pretty much everyone was getting fooled by Wada.

Thanks for that.  I had the pleasure of seeing both Alberto and JBJ on base at the same time.  Lots of speed there and they both distracted the pitcher to the point where the batter was able to get a hit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Ranaudo promoted to Triple AAA, get a better gauge on him.

Sections
Shortcuts