Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Peavy to the A's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Peavy to the A's?

In response to BMav's comment:

I am a bit concerned about Cliff Lee. He pitched poorly his last 3 starts giving up 24 hits, 8 homers, and 13 earned runs in 19 innings. In his last of those starts, he had his worst velocity of the last 3 seasons. Then he misses his next start. Then says he will see a doctor. Then goes on the trading block. Nobody concerned about paying somebody in that situation more then anybody in baseball and giving up prospects aswell?

Absolutely. If there is a question about his health or fitness, you cannot make that kind of investment. It would be a gamble that could pay off or backfire completely. In the end, it is best to be cautious. The trading deadline creates a false sense of urgency that something has to be done. Lee is the biggest difference maker on the market. The risk is high and the reward is high. Personally , I would prefer to see us keep and utilize our top young prospects in an attempt to win this year and also in the years ahead.  I think Ben feels that way also, but the pressure to " do something " at the deadline is hard to resist. We will find out shortly. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts