PED users and the Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rogerl. Show rogerl's posts

PED users and the Red Sox

The title of this article implies there were a number of Red Sox who used PED's.  There were 11 pages and all related to opponents.  The one Red Sox mentioned was David Ortiz, who "failed" the pre-PED testing.  The problem is the article states Ortiz took steroids, which is still not know.  Failures could have been the result of any number of chemicals, some of which were in legal sports drinks at the time.  I am the last one to defend drug users, but it's still a big jump to say it was steroids.  MLB never said what it was, because it destroyed the results.  A New York lawyer who lacked the integrity to abide by his own profession found it necessary to say Ortiz was on the list, even though he knew and did not disclose what the chemical was.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: PED users and the Red Sox

In response to rogerl's comment:

The title of this article implies there were a number of Red Sox who used PED's.  There were 11 pages and all related to opponents.  The one Red Sox mentioned was David Ortiz, who "failed" the pre-PED testing.  The problem is the article states Ortiz took steroids, which is still not know.  Failures could have been the result of any number of chemicals, some of which were in legal sports drinks at the time.  I am the last one to defend drug users, but it's still a big jump to say it was steroids.  MLB never said what it was, because it destroyed the results.  A New York lawyer who lacked the integrity to abide by his own profession found it necessary to say Ortiz was on the list, even though he knew and did not disclose what the chemical was.

Well put.  I prefer proof to rumor and innuendo.

While I would never assume that Papi wasn't "using", at the same time there are enough questions raised that I'd want to see more proof before I'd brand him with the "U". 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to rogerl's comment:

V Tec... Nomar... Manny.. Trot Nixon....to name a few

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Arod had a HR against Detroit, without it the Tigers would have won the game. Hmmmm...

*** Iggy's BA went up to .324 today, not down.

I know you're infatuated with Iggy  buddy....which is fine, really.  But really, you have to admit the majority of his hits are of the 'seeing dog' variety.

My point is he's a great fielder, but his lucky hits will eventually catch up to him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Arod had a HR against Detroit, without it the Tigers would have won the game. Hmmmm...

I know you're infatuated with Iggy  buddy....which is fine, really.  But really, you have to admit the majority of his hits are of the 'seeing dog' variety.

My point is he's a great fielder, but his lucky hits will eventually catch up to him.

at least 3 more inf hits this w.e.

uncanny

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

at least 3 more inf hits this w.e.

uncanny

I remember when people here were saying, "The way this guy plays defense, anything he hits over .225 is a bonus."

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I remember when people here were saying, "The way this guy plays defense, anything he hits over .225 is a bonus."

That was my feeling, and I think he can maintain a BA around .250, if not slightly higher. I felt the same way about Varitek in his last years. I didn't care if he was batting .220. What he brought defensively overcame that.

I still feel that way. Just because I and others are in favor of the trade does not mean that we suddenly think Iggy's offense would not be enough to make him a very good SS.

I would have been fine if Ben had not traded for Peavy and picked up a reliever or two instead. I would have been happy having Iggy as our long term SS. If the Sox didn't have depth in the minors at SS, it would be a whole other story. Despite all the positives there are about Iglesias, when you consider all the factors, it's a good trade, IMO.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

PED hysteria is a tool being used by Selig and the owners to weaken the Player's Union.

So far, it's working.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Yes, proof would be nice but I think even with a perfect dna match, Ortiz would have an excuse.  Just take a look at who his trainer was and who his best friend on the sox was.  Both either had access and or were using.

Yeah.  "Guilt by association" is always a good idea. /s/

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes, proof would be nice but I think even with a perfect dna match, Ortiz would have an excuse.  Just take a look at who his trainer was and who his best friend on the sox was.  Both either had access and or were using.

Yeah.  "Guilt by association" is always a good idea. /s/

[/QUOTE]

"Show me your friends"

When you hire someone to be your trainer, you get to know them very well. Ortiz spent hours each day with this guy and he often travel with Ortiz. 

The gov't has convicted many just by association.  "When you lay down with dogs, you get flees".

[/QUOTE]

Do you not know - or don't you understand - or care - that innuendos and guilt by association are how reputations are destroyed?

All anyone is asking for is some proof.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

lol...so silly....do you look the same as you did 9 years ago???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

lol...so silly....do you look the same as you did 9 years ago???

Of course.

He was 5.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

Ortiz has never had a body like he was using....Bonds, McGuire and Sosa...yeah. Manny...maybe it was kind of hard to tell with the way he wore his uniform.

Sections
Shortcuts