1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: PED whispers getting louder around one DAVID the ORTIZ!

Im sure we can find a few 36-38 yr olds who were good. That, and the fact that papi has little wear and tear on his body from having very minimal playing time throughout his career and especially his time in Boston. I dont know if he did or didnt, but thats not the point. The point is because hes hitting good and hes 37 he HAS to be guilty? Pathetic.

The Boston media thinks its fun and believe that they are justified to stir the pot. I guess thats what todays media is. Most of them are complete losers. Ive produced sports talk shows in Florida and worked with a great play by play guy. He could talk to anyone in sports about anything because they respected him and trusted him. Ive heard some great stories that most people will never know. That would never happen today, not the kind of stories I was told. Players just dont trust media guys like that anymore for fear of it "leaking".

Today, its not about if the story is true or even if you have proof to back it up. Its about getting your name out there by pure specualtion. If thats the case then everyone could do that job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

LEAVE IT TO DAN THE SHAUGHNESSEY TO MAKE THE BLUNT ACCUSATION RIGHT TO PAPI'S FACE LAST NIGHT. PAP SAID HE HAS TO FEED HIS FAMILY AND WILL NOT HUMILIATE his legacy and that he guarantees he's clean. listening to the eei guys and they are almost outright saying papi is a fraud. said its impossible for him to b clean. noone's ever been this good at this age, with improved bat speedand everything else. if its too good to b true, they believe it. how can one not play for so long, have achilles issues and b hitting .425+ and having the best stretch of his career at his age.. i personally think the papi is not cheating but i can get where folks are coming from like with buch. after all, papi was the only one not to b held to account for his previous PED bust. said it was vitamins and like OJ promised to find the real culprit, only to fizzle that out. papi is on notice, if he is busted, many would not b surprised. pap said he was tested once for blood during spring traiing, the guys suspect he's been on the juice since pawtucket! stay tuned..

Not a single person on that list for peds was "held accountable" because the list was never supposed to be released. It was more of a survey to see how bad the problem was. The only way anyone from that list was "punished" was by having their reputation tarnished to which Papis was most definitely. So in response to you comment, pay attention to recent history because your grasp of it is not very strong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

IMO,the methods of the release of that list remain dubious, that said i think the media will always "put it out there" regardless of proof, it's become the culture so Ortiz and those that have been accused will have to live with that...not saying i like it/agree with it, just saying it's the way it is...and i'm STILL of the opinion that the PA does the clean players a disservice by it's resistance to punishments and such...as much as fanbases love to accuse other team's players, as a whole i think we're naive of we think any player or team is alone...team higher-ups should care about the game twice as much as we do...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Papi has had a hot 15 (or whatever games); the numbers get exaggerated because it's the first 15 games of the season, so speculation runs wild.  He's already showing signs of cooling off, which is to be expected.  Had he had this hot streak in the middle of July, it would not be a big deal.  Buchholz is dealing with the same thing.

The next time Shaughnessy shows up in the locker room (if he still does that) the players either need to not talk to him or stuff him in a trash can.  Maybe both.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Maybe Shaughnessey never heard of Jim Thome? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Carl Everett was a complete tool, but you have to give him credit where it's due when he pegged Shaughnessy as the CHB.

Luckily he's stuck behind the paywall so I can't even accidently click on his dribble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

Carl Everett was a complete tool, but you have to give him credit where it's due when he pegged Shaughnessy as the CHB.

Luckily he's stuck behind the paywall so I can't even accidently click on his dribble.

Why would anybody actually PAY to read him?I wouldn't even read him when it was free.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Why would anybody actually PAY to read him?I wouldn't even read him when it was free.

Agree; that's why I'm glad he's there, so that he can't even get an accidental hit from me as sometimes happened if I just read the headline without seeing the writer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

+1

I got the link off twitter and read the story for free...I wouldnt pay to read his stuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

Dan Shaunessy and the old guys at WEEI are "has beens." They are desperately searching for readers and listeners.... the prime of their careers are in the rear view mirror, so they feel the need to take the pros that are nearing the end of their careers with them.

Just more Ortiz bashers to add to the list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Maybe Shaughnessey never heard of Jim Thome? 

His name was the 1st one to come to mind

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Oh, good - I finally get to talk about this on a relevant thread.

Sometimes the accusations become the story - I don't have all the facts, but what I do know makes me doubt that Ortiz ever failed a drug test.

1) MLB confirms that there were at most 96 failed drug tests, but there were 104 names on "the list"

2) Ortiz and Ramirez's names were leaked together and alone in 2009 to a New York paper - that feels more like somebody with an anti-sox agenda than some sort of whistle-blower;  it's a little selective.

3) Ortiz's best years were 2005 - 2007.  Look at the guys you know were juicing - Sosa, Sheffield, Burnitz - these guys were all done by 2005.  Giambi still had a couple of good years left in him, but he was more than 200 OPS points off his peak - that's a pretty big decline for a 34-year-old.

4) Ortiz is one of only two guys leaked from the list whose positive substance is listed as 'unknown'

5) Ortiz didn't just deny taking PEDs - he denied anybody ever contacting him about his test.  If Ortiz was taking PEDs, he's pretty much the lowest character on "the list" - to not only lie about the crime (that had become almost common-place by 2009) but to lie about even knowing about the crime.

6) Ortiz has always maintained his innocence - the only reason he mentioned supplements was because the prevailing theory was that "the list" contained the names of a preliminary drug test that was later pared down to 96 names after false positives were removed.  There were legal OTC supplements that triggered false positives.

7) Ortiz to this day has harsh words about PED users, calling ballplayers the "stupidest people on earth" when asked about the Biogenesis scandal.

Bottom line - we heard Ortiz's name on a list of cheaters and jumped to conclusions that looked a lot more supportable in 2009 when he was struggling mightily.  Ortiz is hot right now, but if he finishes the year with an OPS just below 1, and a slugging in the high .500s that's just about right for his career trajectory.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

LEAVE IT TO DAN THE SHAUGHNESSEY TO MAKE THE BLUNT ACCUSATION RIGHT TO PAPI'S FACE LAST NIGHT. PAP SAID HE HAS TO FEED HIS FAMILY AND WILL NOT HUMILIATE his legacy and that he guarantees he's clean. listening to the eei guys and they are almost outright saying papi is a fraud. said its impossible for him to b clean. noone's ever been this good at this age, with improved bat speedand everything else. if its too good to b true, they believe it. how can one not play for so long, have achilles issues and b hitting .425+ and having the best stretch of his career at his age.. i personally think the papi is not cheating but i can get where folks are coming from like with buch. after all, papi was the only one not to b held to account for his previous PED bust. said it was vitamins and like OJ promised to find the real culprit, only to fizzle that out. papi is on notice, if he is busted, many would not b surprised. pap said he was tested once for blood during spring traiing, the guys suspect he's been on the juice since pawtucket! stay tuned..

Tough to read someone who is so incoherent and going off in ten directions at once. I'm not sure but it seems that you like Shaughnessy, side with the typical WEEI caller,   agree with those who question Papi and Buchholz, and enjoy digging up media garbage and starting posts about it. Why is it always you / Communist Contrarian that starts threads like this? It sounds like you are hoping for the worst possible news to taint any Red Sox player. Very strange vibes coming from someone who claims to be a Red Sox fan. Do I smell a " concern troll?"

Do you have an actual opinion on the subject or just the people that post them?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Tough to read someone who is so incoherent and going off in ten directions at once. I'm not sure but it seems that you like Shaughnessy, side with the typical WEEI caller,   agree with those who question Papi and Buchholz, and enjoy digging up media garbage and starting posts about it. Why is it always you / Communist Contrarian that starts threads like this? It sounds like you are hoping for the worst possible news to taint any Red Sox player. Very strange vibes coming from someone who claims to be a Red Sox fan. Do I smell a " concern troll?"

Do you have an actual opinion on the subject or just the people that post them?

Papi never was proven to have a PED problem. Hearsay. 

Buch hasn't been proven to be cheating. Hearsay.

This thread was all about hearsay - not baseball.

The topics, Papi PED use, Buch's spitball, are redundant, speculation, and are beating a dead horse.

Everyone in the thread but the OPer finds Shaughnessy to be unprofessional and lack credibility. 

I agree with them. There I spoke about the topics ( Shaughnessy, Papi, Buch, ) and wondered why the same concern troll keeps starting such threads. Talk about baseball and stop airing perceived "dirty laundry".

This thread was started because a local article by a local beatwriter brought up this subject and we are now giving our opinions of it. The OP did not start said "hearsay", but just creating a thread to discuss. Thats what this forum is for. The majority either dont care or believe he is innocent...I could care less if he likes or dislikes a certain local sportd writer.

I dont agree with all the posters threads or opinions and pass the thread by if it doesnt interest me. Does the poster cross the line sometimes? yes, but thats the role this poster has chose here. Just ignore if you dont like it because there is always going to be a veriety of posters on any given forum. Post on the subjects you want to, and pass by the ones you dont. The moderators will remove a thread or post if it breaks the rules.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Since the days of TeddyBallgame, the Boston media seems bent on crushing the Sox. For the most part B's and Celtics get a pass and Belichek(sp) won't talk to them. other cities, media is mostly suppotive. You must remember, newspapers are going the same route as buggie whips.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In my  "HEART OF HEARTS", I hope this is not true !!!!!

yeah right

Sections
Shortcuts