Pedbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: Pedbury

In Response to Re: Pedbury:
    [QUOTE]I coined the nickname last year "Boomer FANGS dotcom" ... I will let you use it expitch
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]
    Old Boom has been defanged by Harness and me. At this point he's desperately trying to gum his enemies to death. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pedbury : But if we listen to expitch, opposing pitchers are scared to death of pitching to Salty and his .182 average. Sometimes it is like whatever the problem is, it is exactly what expitch says it isn't.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]
    Go play with your toy helicopters. Get a beanie with a prop on top. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury often starts slow. If we win this year it will be because Ellsbury carries them on his back. This is ridiculous. He stays #1 in the lineup. This might be the dumbest post yet expitch.

I don't get why you are calling this a "dumb" post.  Both Ells and Pedey are hitting well beneath their norms.  Expitch took great pains to say that he was not bashing them as players, but was simply pointing out that they are not doing what one would expect from them.

Pedey is barely outhitting Aviles. Ells is projecting for 6 or 7 homers over 500 at bats.

It is what it is.  Bringing it up is not "dumb".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]come on boom, you have to concede that in that situation with Nathan, Nathan didn't want to make a poor pitch to him. 20 HR guys whether they are Rob Deer or Wade Boggs (well, 1 season the rabbit ball year) are guys you still have to be careful with. Salty drew a walk. It's not about being scared, it's about being careful to not throw a pitch that could be hit 350 feet.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    You and Southpaw and I have explained what was really going on. His response was and is partly rooted in his obsession with me, but also, I think, because he has large gaps in his knowledge of the game on the field. 
    Salty drew walks from Robertson and a Detroit pitcher in a similar situation, though I think the walk against the Tigers came earlier in the game.
    I don't seem to recall that Salty was batting .182 when he faced Nathan -- or anytime. He's always a threat to deposit one in the seats. That was and is the whole point. 
    Nathan had that very much in mind, even if Boom missed it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

expitch was correct, boomerfangsdotcom logged on to solely seek out any thread or post that expitch was in. Barely reading the opening post he immediately formed an opinion of hate and spite. Now in a position of having zero support he loses his mind all together.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Where's Pedroia now, .250?

I'm liking him less and less.  Startng with the "We, don't don't things like that here" quote in the spring, he hasn't done much to help.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]expitch was correct, boomerfangsdotcom logged on to solely seek out any thread or post that expitch was in. Barely reading the opening post he immediately formed an opinion of hate and spite. Now in a position of having zero support he loses his mind all together.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE
    Boom, inflamed by hatred, seems not to understand that what you say is obvious. Whether the ostensible topic of the post is Salty or Ellsbury or Pedey or the Man in the Moon, he comes on hard and inserts my name somewhere in the post, usually with schoolyard sarcasm and lamely repeated phrases and epithets. Or his risible questioning of my resume. Can he actually believe that anyone here thinks that I made up my USC experience, that it's "fiction"? Can he actually believe that he's scoring points with such nutty overreach? In his case, the answer may well be yes.  
    Scoring points, there it is. He's desperate for support and "recognition" and frets about his "reputation" on an anonymous forum. He reeks of insecurity. His most prominent emotion in exchanges with me is addled anger, followed closely by self-pity. Plenty of that. Poor me.  No one came to my rescue when expitch and Harness were whipping my rear quarters. Moon didn't include me on the Poster of the Year list. 
    He calls his equation of my IQ with those of the Special Olympians "bad taste." It would be bad taste if he attended a formal church wedding in a tee shirt that read "Boomerangs and Toy Helicopters."  Or blew his nose noisily over the table in an upscale restaurant. Or wore brown shoes with a tux. But his analogy was disgusting. Pure and simple. It was very revealing of the contents of that rattled and rancid brain.  The true stuff drools out when the social censor breaks down. Imagery deeply embedded runs wild when uncontrolled. Imagine what really goes on between those ears. No, better not to.
    He keeps coming back for more. Same old, same result. More cuffing about the ears. And usually, as on this thread, he's left out there alone. Last year, on that Bautista thread, when he was pleading for help, Moon did in fact try to help by advising him to calm down. What he got instead from one of the regulars was a pasting from Harness.
    He doesn't learn. He is done in by his own extreme emotionality and the vicious forms it takes. He'd do his reputation a heap of good if he'd try to rein in that side of him. 
    Worst of all, IMO, worse even than some of the viciousness, is that he's a cry baby. 
    One might add a little pity to his own self-pity if he were not so intent on driving away any inclination to sympathy.
    "Loses his mind altogether." Again and again. A classic study in irrationality.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

One of Boom's more charming traits is his tendency, when flailing around, to make irresponsible accusations. He railed against "liars and people who support liars." ( Read, people who don't come to his support. ) Note the plural. When challenged to name names instead of allowing a McCarthyite charge to just hang in the air, and thus be applicable to everyone, in effect, he named only Softy. And then compared me to Softy as a liar. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]One of Boom's more charming traits is his tendency, when flailing around, to make irresponsible accusations. He railed against "liars and people who support liars." ( Read, people who don't come to his support. ) Note the plural. When challenged to name names instead of allowing a McCarthyite charge to just hang in the air, and thus be applicable to everyone, in effect, he named only Softy. And then compared me to Softy as a liar. 
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt expitch in regard to lying but then I see you say something and I go back for a freaking hour to find anything which supports your contention and find nothing. I hear you say you wrote a book and I search for it on Amazon and find nothing, not even an ISBN number on your "book". To this day I am trying to not call you a liar but I have seen significant instances where what you say appears to sometimes be BS. Completely distorting my comments...etc. It is reminiscent of Softy who at one time was a lot like you are now, but for some reason completely regressed into a flat out liar in the past year. He doesn't even try to tell the truth any more. He's gone past "Gollum" mode as he apprached mount doom.

I recognize that sometimes people do not intentionally lie and we are on a sports forum where the meaning of statements can be misunderstood. I don't like to call anyone a liar without definitive proof. I try to look for the good in people believe it or not. Ergo I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't think your intentions are bad overall. I just think you overestimate your inteligence and insight. Not that you insight is always bad because it isn't. There just are other people here who are quite intelligent and insightful also. And they may not always agree with you.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

WOW I miss Harness

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pedbury : I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt expitch in regard to lying but then I see you say something and I go back for a freaking hour to find anything which supports your contention and find nothing. I hear you say you wrote a book and I search for it on Amazon and find nothing, not even an ISBN number on your "book". To this day I am trying to not call you a liar but I have seen significant instances where what you say appears to sometimes be BS. Completely distorting my comments...etc. It is reminiscent of Softy who at one time was a lot like you are now, but for some reason completely regressed into a flat out liar in the past year. He doesn't even try to tell the truth any more. He's gone past "Gollum" mode as he apprached mount doom. I recognize that sometimes people do not intentionally lie and we are on a sports forum where the meaning of statements can be misunderstood. I don't like to call anyone a liar without definitive proof. I try to look for the good in people believe it or not. Ergo I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't think your intentions are bad overall. I just think you overestimate your inteligence and insight. Not that you insight is always bad because it isn't. There just are other people here who are quite intelligent and insightful also. And they may not always agree with you.  
    For the record, and for the umpteenth time, I never said that I've published a BOOK about baseball. ( I am writing a book about Rod Dedeaux. ) About baseball, I published a short story called "Class A" in Spitball, for which I gave you reference information. No lie here, or about my baseball experience. Or about anything else. So knock off that line of attack. Above all, stop calling other people ( plural ) liars without specific references and proof. You name only Softy.
    I've had several back and forth disagreements with people on this board, in good faith and in civil tones. 
    I've told you that you are looking in the wrong places. You do not have the authority to dictate the context for a "search," or the exact time period. Apart from the Beltre "search," how many other times have you discovered me not supporting a contention? Save yourself the time.
    Specifically? On this very thread, Snakeoil used the term "great pains" to describe how careful I was in making points about the lineup. But you jumped in for reasons that Enchilada nailed. That was also true in my contentions about Salty in the 6 hole.
    Your ending is patronizing. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Wow.

Pedroia makes one ill-advised comment in six seaons -- in defense of a teammate at that -- has battled through injuries but still has played hard (how many of you rip guys who won't try to play hurt) and the way some fans (I use the term loosely) have turned on him is probably the most disgusting aspect of the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]Wow. Pedroia makes one ill-advised comment in six seaons -- in defense of a teammate at that -- has battled through injuries but still has played hard (how many of you rip guys who won't try to play hurt) and the way some fans (I use the term loosely) have turned on him is probably the most disgusting aspect of the season.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Pedey is certainly carrying the burden of his injury which probably won't be 199% till next year. I have had 5 hand surgeries playing ball. It is not "minor" surgery when it comes to yourself. Pedey may need that surgery or not, but he sure has a crappy attitude and I believe his frustration is to not being the real Pedey due to injury. BV nor Tito can help him or hurt him. He is willing to play as opposed to others when he is not 100%. I won't turn on him.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pedey has always had a big mouth, the only diff is now we dont have a manager who fawns over him and the team is not winning...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

When I looked at the title of this thread...I took it to be "PerformingEnhancingDrugsEllsbury"...I figured with the "Ellsbury worth" thread it could be worth discussing why Ellsbury managed to put up one beasty season...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]hopefully, when the Sox front office is making a decision on new manager this time, they'll run the candidates by Ratso Pedroia first for approval before making any final decision. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

Lets hope they asking Dustin for his input before making a mangerial hire.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pedbury : [QUOTE]expitch was correct, boomerfangsdotcom logged on to solely seek out any thread or post that expitch was in. Barely reading the opening post he immediately formed an opinion of hate and spite. Now in a position of having zero support he loses his mind all together. Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE Boom, inflamed by hatred, seems not to understand that what you say is obvious. Whether the ostensible topic of the post is Salty or Ellsbury or Pedey or the Man in the Moon, he comes on hard and inserts my name somewhere in the post, usually with schoolyard sarcasm and lamely repeated phrases and epithets. Or his risible questioning of my resume. Can he actually believe that anyone here thinks that I made up my USC experience, that it's "fiction"? Can he actually believe that he's scoring points with such nutty overreach? In his case, the answer may well be yes.   Scoring points, there it is. He's desperate for support and "recognition" and frets about his "reputation" on an anonymous forum. He reeks of insecurity. His most prominent emotion in exchanges with me is addled anger, followed closely by self-pity. Plenty of that. Poor me.  No one came to my rescue when expitch and Harness were whipping my rear quarters. Moon didn't include me on the Poster of the Year list.  He calls his equation of my IQ with those of the Special Olympians "bad taste." It would be bad taste if he attended a formal church wedding in a tee shirt that read "Boomerangs and Toy Helicopters."  Or blew his nose noisily over the table in an upscale restaurant. Or wore brown shoes with a tux. But his analogy was disgusting. Pure and simple. It was very revealing of the contents of that rattled and rancid brain.  The true stuff drools out when the social censor breaks down. Imagery deeply embedded runs wild when uncontrolled. Imagine what really goes on between those ears. No, better not to. He keeps coming back for more. Same old, same result. More cuffing about the ears. And usually, as on this thread, he's left out there alone. Last year, on that Bautista thread, when he was pleading for help, Moon did in fact try to help by advising him to calm down. What he got instead from one of the regulars was a pasting from Harness. He doesn't learn. He is done in by his own extreme emotionality and the vicious forms it takes. He'd do his reputation a heap of good if he'd try to rein in that side of him.  Worst of all, IMO, worse even than some of the viciousness, is that he's a cry baby.  One might add a little pity to his own self-pity if he were not so intent on driving away any inclination to sympathy. "Loses his mind altogether." Again and again. A classic study in irrationality.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

I remember being on the receiving end of that as he felt he should have been on the list and I should not have been. Whether I should have been or not, I was surprised at how angry he was about a silly baseball forum poll. He was really upset, and I took the brunt of that abuse.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

FTR yet another poster who mentioned the outrageous calls of the umpires. The only difference being they didn't start threads about it. This season has really been the worst I've seen yet. As such, I'm guessing it's the Yankees year. Hopefully, when all eyes are on the playoffs with more scrutiny, there will be less leeway. But then again there was 2009...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]Wow. Pedroia makes one ill-advised comment in six seaons -- in defense of a teammate at that -- has battled through injuries but still has played hard (how many of you rip guys who won't try to play hurt) and the way some fans (I use the term loosely) have turned on him is probably the most disgusting aspect of the season.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Since I feel I'm being lumped into the anti-Pedroia crowd, I'm stating what I know and see. I defended Pedroia's comment and I laughed hard when I heard it. Others were very upset and felt that it was undermining BV's leadership--maybe it was, and maybe he was defending his buddy-Youkilis. My problem with Pedroia has nothing to do with effort, quotes, leadership, or desire. He's got all the great attributes of hustle that I felt Nomar had as well. My problem with Dustin is all about production and what I feel is a dropoff of his power. And I do think he got a free pass when AGON took a heap of abuse--and I was part of that knocking AGON crowd and rightfully so at the time. Injuries to the thumbs or not, he was pedestrian in the first half and he's been a major empty space for the Sox for most of this season. His numbers are not anywhere close to his MVP days and he's struggling to hit well. roy, if he's playing hurt, then he should go on the DL. To me, watching him defensively still play at a Gold Glove level tells me he's not that hurt. And watching him at the plate, he is not getting it done enough for this team that badly needs him to step up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pedbury : I remember being on the receiving end of that as he felt he should have been on the list and I should not have been. Whether I should have been or not, I was surprised at how angry he was about a silly baseball forum poll. He was really upset, and I took the brunt of that abuse.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

HAHHA!  I wrote about that yesterday and specificall named kimsaysthis along with BurritoT as two posters boomerfangs openly mocked and insulted for being on a list we did not even ask to be on!  

I deleted it because I decided not to bother bringing it back up..... funny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Ellsbury and Pedroia were coming off an injury in July ( Pedroia is still injured ) and look at their July numbers:

Elsbury: BA: .304, OBP: .351

Pedroia: BA: .276, OBP .295

Are we just going to complain about everyone? We complain about Crawford when he was injured last year and still is. About Adrian Gonzalez and Pedroia after the careers they have had, Youk and Ellsbury after he was 2nd in the MVP voting last year...etc.

But Salty is immune from criticism while he is last in mlb in catcher DRS and has been hitting around .200 for over 2 months now. And what awards has Salty won in MLB. Not a single one. Compare that to the ROY, MVP, Silver Slugger, All Star awards, Gold Gloves the other guys have won, not to mention World Championships.

Salty tied with Pierzynsky in costing his team the most runs from the catcher position ( out of all catchers with 100 innings or more caught ), DRS = 8 runs 

Pedroia is doing the best he can with a significant injury. Ellsbury will probably turn on the jets soon. They are not the problem.

Sections
Shortcuts