Dustin Pedroia - Next 100M Sox player?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Pedey might be the next 100M Sox player

Red Sox and Dustin Pedroia discussing possible 100M dollar extension, making him the highest paid 2b in MLB...That is until Cano signs his deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/red-sox-talking-lucrative-extension-with-pedroia-215140972.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Dustin Pedroia - Next 100M Sox player?

If it's 100M+ it will probably be something like a 7-8 year deal. I think DP will take a pretty big hometown discount. he could easily wait until Cano gets his deal and then sign one identical to it. 150-175M or more is what he'd get on the open market IMO. best defensive 2Bman in the league and is a top 2Bman offensively. Overall, i'd say he is the 2nd best 2Bman in the league right now an Olsen twin behind Cano. Based on their careers, Pedroia is the best active 2Bman in the league hands down. if you don't believe me ask Cano how many MVP trophies he has :)

I heard from God today.... and she sounded just like me.

what have i done? and who have i become?

I saw the Devil today..... and he looked a lot like me

I looked away.... I TURNED AWAYYY!

I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Red Sox and Dustin Pedroia discussing possible 100M dollar extension, making him the highest paid 2b in MLB...That is until Cano signs his deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/red-sox-talking-lucrative-extension-with-pedroia-215140972.html

DP The Dirt Dog Is Well Worth It............

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I hear its 6/100M ish

about 17-18M per

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Fangraphs says Pedroia has been the second best second baseman since 2007 in MLB and worth $149.4m. The best? Case Utley at $167m. With Cano a very close third $142.8m.

These guys gotta look at Fangraphs, right?

-Daf.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I have no issue with a 6 yr deal for Pedey in the 17m-18m range. Especially with little money on the books after 2015

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Isn't it fun to play with someone else's Monopoly money?

Seriously, how much is enough...ya know?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I hear its 6/100M ish

about 17-18M per

Well worth it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

He is your Jeter, your spark, the glue that holds everything together not only on the field but in the clubhouse you better believe if he didn't get it in Boston he would get it elsewhere.

Feel blessed that he wears your uniform and give him his money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

He is your Jeter, your spark, the glue that holds everything together not only on the field but in the clubhouse you better believe if he didn't get it in Boston he would get it elsewhere.

Feel blessed that he wears your uniform and give him his money.

I think this is what BC and Henry want to do. If they are going to hand out big deals, it will be to homegrown players that came through the system and have proved themselves in Boston. they know these players professionally and on a personal level. More than any FA. They've grown up in the Sox organization and are part of the "core" theyve talked about.

The NYY had Jeter, Mo, Pettite, Williams, and Posada as the core for a number of years and won a number of WSC. I think Thats what Henry is looking to do.

Im betting that he will offer Ellsbury a similar deal as well. Whether Ells takes it is up in the air, but Pedey will get paid and hopefully will retire a Red Sox player.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

He deserves 120 for 6 years!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

That's a lot of money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

$100 M is far too much to pay Dustin Pedroia at this stage of his career for 6 years of play from age 31 and 37.

I have been a huge Pedroia fan just like everyone else, and he is the heart and soul of the team.  BUT, his game is built on quickness and not power, he beats himself up, he will is not really a first baseman or DH when he slows down, and provides little power already.

Paying him such big money from age 31 through age 37 is not a logical financial decision.  And, is one that the Sox will regret for about the last 3 (maybe 4) of those years.

I have no problem resigning him or even resigning him for a six year contract, but not at that kind of money.  I think that he would sign for much less and that money could be spent on pitching.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

$100 M is far too much to pay Dustin Pedroia at this stage of his career for 6 years of play from age 31 and 37.

I have been a huge Pedroia fan just like everyone else, and he is the heart and soul of the team.  BUT, his game is built on quickness and not power, he beats himself up, he will is not really a first baseman or DH when he slows down, and provides little power already.

Paying him such big money from age 31 through age 37 is not a logical financial decision.  And, is one that the Sox will regret for about the last 3 (maybe 4) of those years.

I have no problem resigning him or even resigning him for a six year contract, but not at that kind of money.  I think that he would sign for much less and that money could be spent on pitching.

He's making 6Mil this year. he is one of the best baseball players in the MLB and has been since virtually the beginning of his MLB career. He's been paid ~20Mil in his career. Total. It's time he's been rewarded. You pay him.

Sections
Shortcuts