Pedey Play Last Night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Pedey Play Last Night

I keep replaying that grab behind the bag and whip to first.  Of course there is a hollywood studio stock room full of Pedey highlight reels, but I think that play was up there at the top of the Best of Pedey reel.  The pick itself was pretty sweet, but the throw!  The throw was crazy, he released it so quick basically from his knees at a nutty angle and delivered it with zip and accuracy.  The dude never ceases to amaze me.  Oh, and just to make things fun, Cano never makes that play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Pedey Play Last Night

I also loved Pedey's 110% hustle on the hit he got in the 7th on the roller up the line.  He tore out of the box knowing it would be a tough play.  He gives it everything every time.  Amazing ballplayer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I keep replaying that grab behind the bag and whip to first.  Of course there is a hollywood studio stock room full of Pedey highlight reels, but I think that play was up there at the top of the Best of Pedey reel.  The pick itself was pretty sweet, but the throw!  The throw was crazy, he released it so quick basically from his knees at a nutty angle and delivered it with zip and accuracy.  The dude never ceases to amaze me.  Oh, and just to make things fun, Cano never makes that play.

that was a FANTASTIC play. 

i was wondering when we got back from commercial if it would be "under review".  then it got me to thinking.  if they did review it and it was overturned, the sox would have to come back on the field.  do they give Lackey a few warmup tosses?  it's going to be weird the first few times this happens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Wish I saw it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Wish I saw it.

It should be replayed on ESPN at some point.

It was that good.

Heck, it's probably somewhere on the 'net.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I also loved Pedey's 110% hustle on the hit he got in the 7th on the roller up the line.  He tore out of the box knowing it would be a tough play.  He gives it everything every time.  Amazing ballplayer.

I believe Pedey has earned the privilege of being on the all-time RED SOX team. As much as I liked Bobby Doerr as a player and a person, I feel Pedey is the better all-around 2nd baseman.

What... no love for Denny Doyle?Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 18 hrs

Ridiculous play by Pedroia to end second inning. Fan screaming for replay. They’re not getting it. First star in the scorebook this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Wish I saw it.

You can see it on MLB.com.  Just open up the game, put it on Gameday View and the highlights package is there.  Same applies for all games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Wish I saw it.

Here it is, mex

http://m.mlb.com/bos/video/?content_id=31769429&topic_id=11493214&c_id=bos

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I missed the play Space referred to, but I did see him leg out that infield single. Plenty of players are faster, but none bust their humps more.

UPDATE: Just saw the link above (Hey J-BAY!). And ... WOW!!! That was an amazing play. Getting to the ball was incredible enough, but the throw to first was freakin' incredible. Gotta love Pedey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Just for fun I looked up Pedey's WAR on FanGraphs.  It's 0.2 after 2 games, which means according to them he's already earned $1.2 million LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I missed the play Space referred to, but I did see him leg out that infield single. Plenty of players are faster, but none bust their humps more.

here it is LD

http://m.mlb.com/bos/video/?content_id=31769429&topic_id=11493214&c_id=bos

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Thanks a lot guys, JB.  What a throw!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pedey's play might be the greatest play I have seen him make...first thing i thought was that it had to be the best play anyone will make all season on the field

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Just for fun I looked up Pedey's WAR on FanGraphs.  It's 0.2 after 2 games, which means according to them he's already earned $1.2 million LOL

yeah but those 0-4 days will lower his WAR so it will eventually work itself out.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts