Pedey's at it again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Pedey's at it again

From story about Brock Holt by Pete Abraham:

Because of his size and energetic style of play, Holt has often been compared to Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia.

Many young players would deflect such talk. Holt embraces it.

“He’s been someone I’ve paid attention to for a while,” said Holt. “One of the things I was most excited about coming here was working with him. I’ve had a chance to do that almost every day.

“I’m taking ground balls with him and doing other stuff. I’m picking his brain a little bit. He’s fun to be around.

“He makes it fun out there and it’s only going to make me better working with a guy like him. He’s been really helpful.”

Pedey took Iggy under his wing earlier this off season, now Holt speaks of his influence.  It was a good story about Holt, but speaks volumes about the great guy, great teammate Pedey is.  Some few here  question his leadership.  Say again?  Pedey is good as gold.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Pedey's at it again

don't forget about Marerro. It hasn't happened yet but it will......SOON

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Fluff pieces reveal prejudice. Despite the media and the fans, I like Ciriaco better than "small like Pedroia".

seriously PC over DP????????????????????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Fluff pieces reveal prejudice. Despite the media and the fans, I like Ciriaco better than "small like Pedroia".

seriously PC over DP????????????????????

no no no. even stiffy isn't that crazy lol. Hes talking about Ciriaco over Holt..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Let's see.  Iggy is Latino. Ciriaco is Latino ... Pedey was working with Iggy, a Latino ... Ciriaco was a pleasant surprise last season for the parent team, but Iggy has been the highly regarded prospect of great attention since his arrival on the horizon....

SO ... I was lauding Pedey for his work with Iggy and the a single - please note, a SINGLE piece about Holt comes along and ... it shows prejudice? 

I don't see it, shortsighted one.

Hundreds of posts about Iggy, tons of time and scouting on Iggy, and years in the minors for Ciriaco plus almost universal pleasure of his Yanqui slaying .... and one piece about Holt?

One?

Really?

Give up your shift, dude.  It doesn't add up.  Tired, worn out and insipid.

Besides which, it is more about Pedey as a leader giving his best for the team by mentoring - first Iggy on his own - and then Holt picking his mind.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Polly-'s comment:

Great reply.

Thanks, Polly

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Let's see.  Iggy is Latino. Ciriaco is Latino ... Pedey was working with Iggy, a Latino ... Ciriaco was a pleasant surprise last season for the parent team, but Iggy has been the highly regarded prospect of great attention since his arrival on the horizon....

SO ... I was lauding Pedey for his work with Iggy and the a single - please note, a SINGLE piece about Holt comes along and ... it shows prejudice? 

I don't see it, shortsighted one.

Hundreds of posts about Iggy, tons of time and scouting on Iggy, and years in the minors for Ciriaco plus almost universal pleasure of his Yanqui slaying .... and one piece about Holt?

One?

Really?

Give up your shift, dude.  It doesn't add up.  Tired, worn out and insipid.

Besides which, it is more about Pedey as a leader giving his best for the team by mentoring - first Iggy on his own - and then Holt picking his mind.

Plus, Pedroia is a Latin American name too I believe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Plus, Pedroia is a Latin American name too I believe.

Portuguese,  so it's possible.  But a lot of Potugese don't like the distinction of Latin American because it suggests Spanish heritage and the divide there goes back hundreds of years and a fateful papal decision over whio got what in the Middle and Southern Americas ...

Sections
Shortcuts