Pedro/Schilling/Lowe/Lester/Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pedro/Schilling/Lowe/Lester/Lackey

This is how you win WS titles. They have no one now from that 5-man link to 3 WS titles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Pedro/Schilling/Lowe/Lester/Lackey

Top heavy in offense even as soon as Bridge Year, Beltre, VMART, Youks, Ortiz, Pedroia, C.Ross....sorry, don't buy it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Has the 2015 season started already?  I must have missed opening day!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Agree and the kids are iffy, no one is proven Major Leaguers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You win World Series titles with a mix of offense, defense and pitching. You had to get something for Lester, who was going to test the free-agent market. Does anyone not think the Yankees will overpay for him? They have a bunch of young arms and now have added Cespedes and Craig to play in Fenway 81 games a year.

I think Ben did a good job here and I don't think he's done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to SleeStack1's comment:

Has the 2015 season started already?  I must have missed opening day!

Nope but the Locust are coming Aaahhh!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Pitching is the most important position in baseball.  The Red Sox won't have any experienced pitchers for next season.  Maybe they can acquire someone during the offseason but I am not sure what they are doing?  All of these trades are very discouraging.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Pitching is the most important position in baseball.  The Red Sox won't have any experienced pitchers for next season.  Maybe they can acquire someone during the offseason but I am not sure what they are doing?  All of these trades are very discouraging.  

Did they trade clay? Did free agency get cancelled?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hahahaha.  Yeah, I am positive the Sox arent going to do anything to improve the rotation for 2015.  Its too late now.  Alll they have is the off-season to make any moves.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I am not saying that they won't acquire someone but Lester is a big loss.  Buchholz is always injured and not as dependable as Lester.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

This is how you win WS titles. They have no one now from that 5-man link to 3 WS titles.

first of all, it wouldnt matter if they didnt trade Lester or not.  Who know Lester would still leave the team after this season.  That only leave Lackey alone for next year rotation.  But Lackey is now demanding a contract extension.  I think Boston do not want to give him one due of his medical history.   That is why they rather to just keep him for next season for only 500,000 and see how he do for the year, and then give him an extension afterward, but Lackey did not like that idea, and also threatened the management that he will retire if Boston try doing that.  So instead Boston just trade him.   

Yes the rotation may look awful, but who know that Lester come back as well who know Ben could sign another pitcher via free agency.  Then we have Lester, Kelly, Bucholtz, De La Rosa, etc.  Not a bad rotation. Look at the Yankees who could have no one next year due Kuroda is a free agent after this year, Sabathia may be out, Tanaka may be out, etc.  Only team that may have better rotation is Toronto if none of them are a free agent after this season.  Tampa is about to trade Price which that could hurt them more.

So next year, all AL east teams will have alot of holes.  I think that is why Ben is looking at his team and try to compare against other AL east teams for the next season!!  Of course there will be war among these teams on fighting for these free agents as well via trade.  Boston could easily make some good trades cuz they are now loaded with prospects along with extra OF like Victorino or Craig or other.

Seriously, I do not think a team from the AL East can win the world series this year as well for next year.  Toronto and Orioles may have one of the better offense in MLB, but they both have poor pitching!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from august271985. Show august271985's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I am not saying that they won't acquire someone but Lester is a big loss.  Buchholz is always injured and not as dependable as Lester.  

If they won't sign Lester now at slightly below market value, I can't imagine them paying someone like Scherzer north of $150m. I guess they could trade for a guy like Cueto, but he has questions too- questions that Lester doesn't. Hard to imagine any situation where our 2015 opening day starter is equal to Lester unless something crazy happens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Sox are going to pay big bucks this Off-Season for a #1 Starter. Go into 2015 as Buchholz as your Ace.
    If you think Starters salaries sky rocketed last Off-Season, cant wait for this one.
    Yanks, Dodgers, Cubs, Rangers, Tigers Red Sox. Big bidding war coming. Even for a 33 year old Sheilds.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My guess is we sign Shields.

We trade for a good #2 starter.

We trade for a big bat.

We role the dice.

Sox4ever

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

first of all, it wouldnt matter if they didnt trade Lester or not.  Who know Lester would still leave the team after this season.  That only leave Lackey alone for next year rotation.  But Lackey is now demanding a contract extension.  I think Boston do not want to give him one due of his medical history.   That is why they rather to just keep him for next season for only 500,000 and see how he do for the year, and then give him an extension afterward, but Lackey did not like that idea, and also threatened the management that he will retire if Boston try doing that.  So instead Boston just trade him.   

Yes the rotation may look awful, but who know that Lester come back as well who know Ben could sign another pitcher via free agency.  Then we have Lester, Kelly, Bucholtz, De La Rosa, etc.  Not a bad rotation. Look at the Yankees who could have no one next year due Kuroda is a free agent after this year, Sabathia may be out, Tanaka may be out, etc.  Only team that may have better rotation is Toronto if none of them are a free agent after this season.  Tampa is about to trade Price which that could hurt them more.

So next year, all AL east teams will have alot of holes.  I think that is why Ben is looking at his team and try to compare against other AL east teams for the next season!!  Of course there will be war among these teams on fighting for these free agents as well via trade.  Boston could easily make some good trades cuz they are now loaded with prospects along with extra OF like Victorino or Craig or other.

Seriously, I do not think a team from the AL East can win the world series this year as well for next year.  Toronto and Orioles may have one of the better offense in MLB, but they both have poor pitching!!!

Ken Rosenthall tweets:

Lackey has informed Cardinals he intends to honor 2015 option at major league minimum

jerk!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:

You forgot Beckett. Without him, no 2007 rings. No matter how he faltered in later years, he was key in 2007.

Beckett should have been in that link of 6...true...my fault on that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pedro/Schilling/Lowe/Lester/Lackey/Beckett

You can try to spin it any way you want, but the Sox are back to no reliable SPs for the 2015 postseason...none.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Never seen a Sox rotation so void of MLB talent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Dana Kiecker and Jeff Sellers are better options than what the Sox have right now

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Sox have Brian Rose types in the rotation now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

You can try to spin it any way you want, but the Sox are back to no reliable SPs for the 2015 postseason...none.

Danny, you do realize that there is nine months until opening day 2015. Don't get so caught up in a desire to be negative that it blinds you to everything else. You can't really sit here now and say that Cherington will do nothing this offseason to upgrade the staff.

When you're overhauling a team for the next season, all the moves aren't going to come in one day's worth of dealings. So how about waiting until we know what the 2015 staff will look like before your start ripping it apart.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

They won't need any...but....they also have an entire offseason to add a proven arm or two

Fact is they're retooling the nucleus of the roster with an eye on 2016 and beyond. Stranger things have happened but I doubt that the Sox management and ownership today are fretting over the lack of a proven postseason starter for 2015

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Get ready for last place next year.  We don't have any pitchers

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Don't forget Keith Foulke. Man I wish the Red Sox still had Keith Foulke.

Sections
Shortcuts