Pedroia or Cano?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: Pedroia or Cano?

Waht a simple question....Sox fans would rather have Pedroia.  Yankee fans would rather have Cano.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Pedroia or Cano?:
    [QUOTE]The Muddy Chicken
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]
    A terrible nickname. "Pedey" says it all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

I think ano is just what the Yankee's need, and Pedroia is just what the Sox need.
    Cano is a great line drive hitter with 25 HR potential each each. Because of his ability to handle the bat and bat 5th in the Yankee line-up, he should drive in close to 100 runs each year. That is very good for a secondbaseman. In 10 years we may put him  with the greatest 2nd baseman in history. His dfense is solid, and as a Sox fan I can say he appears to be a very nice person. Some times it pains me to have to admit that someone playing for the Yankee's appears to be a good person.

Now Pedroia is a gritty hitter who may not have Cano's natural ability, but gets more out of his ability than most any other player. He has surprising power for a little guy, is a .290 to .300 hitter, and is a Charlie hustle type of player. But the thing[s] I like about Pedroia is willinglyness to get dirty, dive for every ball, never back down from a situation and accept every challenge. Like Cano in 10 years we may also say the same things about Pedroia that we will say about Cano.

Bottum line each are different, but get All-Star results, are intergal to their teams, and in general are Winners.

Would I trade Pedroia for Cano, NO, but ask the Yankees's the same question concerning Cano and they would say the same thing NO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

have to say i'm shocked, totally shocked, the NYY fans say Cano; Red Sox fans, Pedroia. suffice it to say, you keep yours, we'll keep ours.
    what's next....Teixiera or Gonzalez? martin or salty?Wink
    Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I dont think theres any question Pedroia has been better this year. He's much more consistent getting on base.

It may not be fair to expect, but yanks need Cano to produce like he did last year.  With Arod out, Tex slumping right now, and guys like Posada and Swisher not giving their normal production, the middle of their order isn't so fearsome right now. Pedroia, along with many of the Sox stars, are having awesome seasons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pedroia or Cano? : Mary Anne. Bailey or Jennifer?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I have to go with Bailey.I wouldn't want to upset Burt.
    Jeannie or Samantha?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

bald-predictions,  you are right on point, that is why the sox are pulling away from the yankees.  better hitting, better fielding and better pitching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pedroia or Cano? : lackey has a positive WAR....'nuff said.
    Posted by -TheBabe---[/QUOTE]

Wow, 3 posts now.  You are a tool!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]bald-predictions,  you are right on point, that is why the sox are pulling away from the yankees.  better hitting, better fielding and better pitching.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]
    exactly cydi, sox have the better team my friend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pedroia or Cano? : exactly cydi, sox have the better team my friend.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

We'll see.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Hi Jete. Here's a question for you: What would have happened if Joe DiMaggio was a Red Sox and Williams a Yankee?  Supposedly ownership got drunk one night and almost made that trade.
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE] DiMaggio's HR total would higher, as would Williams (by a lot in both cases). Williams is moved back to RF to hide his defensive weaknesses and the Joe D's better fielding brother goes LF in deference to Joe's star power and ego.

Williams NYY teammates love him and he now wars with the NY media. Joe is adored by the Boston media and none of his teammates can say they know him at all. 

Joe D. would not have been able to wrap himself in the "winner" flag that seemed to be his favorite way of discounted the fact that Williams was a much better hitter because IMO the NYY win with either guy and the RS of that era still fall just short.

Writers for years talk about how the RS got taken advantage of once again by NY as Williams career goes on far longer than Joe D's and the fact that Williams hit more home runs when he retired than any player except Babe Ruth. Joe still has a troubled personal life but as a retiring RS he doesn't have the cache to marry Marilyn Monroe and he never gets the Mr. Coffee gig. 

How is that for some virtual history?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Heidi or Katherine?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

I'll take Cano and the 2 run jack he just hit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=f3c68b2dc157ad9af2be23a0c7a16195&plckUserId=f3c68b2dc157ad9af2be23a0c7a16195">
    First: 7/13/2009
    Last: 7/19/2011
    Ginger or Mary Anne?
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Mary Anne.

Bailey or Jennifer?                      

Bailey, thank you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--------. Show The--Babe--------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pedroia or Cano? : Wow, 3 posts now.  You are a tool!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Like the number of posts matters. The mere fact that you keep bringing it up shows how much of a tool you truely are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pedroia or Cano? : Like the number of posts matters. The mere fact that you keep bringing it up shows how much of a tool you truely are.
    Posted by The--Babe--------[/QUOTE]

No, needing all those dashes puts you in the tool HOF.

Sections
Shortcuts