Pedroia question???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Pedroia question???

Would you trade him? I know if the right deal comes along it would be a no brainer (maybe).

However is Pedroia to important to the team right now?

Is he expendable because he is now 29 and due to injuries the past few years?

Do you hold for another year? He is signed thru 2015, club option.

His numbers last year were just slightly lower than his career numbers.

Is he the one piece you keep at least thru this year since he is (might be, could be) the leader on the field and in the clubhouse?

IMHO he is the guy that Farrell leans on to be the leader on the team since if he is traded who else is that much needed leader.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Pedroia question???

So negative so so very negative. Hater!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Would you trade him? I know if the right deal comes along it would be a no brainer (maybe).

Is he the one piece you keep at least thru this year since he is (might be, could be) the leader on the field and in the clubhouse?

IMHO he is the guy that Farrell leans on to be the leader on the team since if he is traded who else is that much needed leader.

I wouldn't trade him unless the Sox get blown away by what they'd get in return.

Unfotunately, guys that play as hard as Pedey do get hurt.

I wouldn't trade him simply because of his injury history.

He's got a very affordable contract, considering his talent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

I don't think that anyone is "untradeable" but I will say that the Farrell hire makes me think that he is as close to it as possible.  Although its only been a couple of years, Pedy is one of the few with connections to Farrell that has been consistant during his absense.  Because of that, Pedy will need to be the leader that Farrell can depend on and probably no one else. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Everyone is on the table except Iggy, Middlebrooks, and Lavarnway..... The "BIG O" NEEDS TO BE TRADED 1ST.....  (NOV. 6TH)

Bill why Lavarnaway and Iggy untradeable neither has shown a whole lot yet?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

He is affordable, he's a fine player, he's a player teams are looking for, for the one more piece, and might pay dearly for him.  Like the Dodgers or the D'Backs, or the Angels---perhaps a Kendrys Morales and Peter Bourjos or one of the Angels, D'Backs or Dodger starters.

Perhaps a Lackey and Pedroia for...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Everyone is on the table except Iggy, Middlebrooks, and Lavarnway..... The "BIG O" NEEDS TO BE TRADED 1ST.....  (NOV. 6TH)

Because they don't meow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

yes, let's not trade any unproven talent.  they all turn out to be HOFer's.  <sarc>

man, 2 years ago it would be sacrelig to consider trading DP.  shows what acting like a baby-bottom to your manager will get you.  his defense is strong though so it would have to be a very good deal.  Clay still owes him a steak dinner for that no-no.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

A good team keeps a solid core of players together for a long period of time. There needs to be a solid foundation. If you constantly trade everyone you can never have that. Pedey is part of the foundation, IMO, and should not be traded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

I wouldn't trade him unless the Sox get blown away by what they'd get in return.

Unfotunately, guys that play as hard as Pedey do get hurt.

I wouldn't trade him simply because of his injury history.

He's got a very affordable contract, considering his talent.

i remember asking after his MVP season if his all out style(ala Griffey) would take effect down the road..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

but i guess for the right(and necessary) deal anyone can get traded

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Jete - that broken ankle must be really affecting you...you are now quoting yourself. ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Jete - that broken ankle must be really affecting you...you are now quoting yourself. ;)

LOL..i know, i totally botched trying to edit my doubled up post :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

I say it's a bad idea right now. To win in this division you need some guys that you know can put up all star numbers. Right now on offense it's just Pedey, Ells and Ortiz if they resign him.  Hopefully Middlebrooks can do it, but he hasn't proven that for a full season.  There isn't a lot of star power out there that's a good fit for the sox.  Maybe they can trade some prospects for a star or two, but getting rid of pedey does not help.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Because Lavarnway is actually '75 Carlton Fisk in disguise, and Iglesias, using Caribbean magic, will morph into a major league hitter as soon as he is named the starting shortstop.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Sox have to keep Pedroia, He's the only player willing to play with a sore finger. Ells sat out a week because he had some bad cereal.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Idiot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Trading Pedroia would be ridiculous.  He is the face of the Red Sox, he plays hard, he plays hurt, and he always puts out.  Someone mentioned building a foundation for the Red Sox.  Well Pedey is one of the foundation pieces.  We could never get someone to replace him who even comes close to having his all around ability, hustle and leadership.  He is in his prime and has many solid years left.  We should worry about upgrading the positions we need real help at, like SS, lB and pitching instead of trying to trade someone from one of our strong spots when we all know da@n well we would be replacing him with a lesser talent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Since Pedroia, Lester, and Ortiz are the only players remaining from the '07 championship team, Ben may as well get rid of them, and start with a clean slate

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

Trading Pedroia would be ridiculous.  He is the face of the Red Sox, he plays hard, he plays hurt, and he always puts out.  Someone mentioned building a foundation for the Red Sox.  Well Pedey is one of the foundation pieces.  We could never get someone to replace him who even comes close to having his all around ability, hustle and leadership.  He is in his prime and has many solid years left.  We should worry about upgrading the positions we need real help at, like SS, lB and pitching instead of trying to trade someone from one of our strong spots when we all know da@n well we would be replacing him with a lesser talent.

I'd trade him for a good starter...and.or package him for an Ace since he alone wouldnt bring us one

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Havent you figured out yet that Bill's post never make any sense?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

if he stays, Pedroia needs to step in the leadership part of the job. One couldn't escape the feeling that he was a detriment in the club house last year, rather than a positive leader. If he stays, make him captain and accountable for the clubhouse policing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

No Way, This Team Has Enough Holes To Fill As It Is,

SP-SS-LF-RF-DH-1B-C Not Saying The SOX Wont Resign Ross And Ortiz,

Pedroia Played His Azz Off, Even With A BUMB THUMB....

Not To Mention We Need Coaches....

Sections
Shortcuts